Dear Disney, Please make DBF fall in love w/you! - a PTR (MEMORY OF THE DAY 5/27!)

Well I am finally done with this semester! :cheer2:

Friday DBF and I are headed upstate to Black Lake with some of my family for a weekend fishing trip! :) You know what that means... mini-TR!! :lmao: And probably lots of pictures of my adorable nephew who's coming along, too.

So I may or may not be on DIS a whole lot for the next two weeks... it's going to be soo busy around here! Today I have to do some preliminary packing for the weekend, we got the house mostly cleaned this afternoon. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping, finish packing and pack up the car so we can hit the road as soon as DBF gets done with his last test.

Sunday night we get back then on Monday I start my "May Term" class at school which is 8:50 to 1 Mon-Fri for the next 2 weeks. That will probably keep me pretty busy, packing 3 credits into two weeks!

Then the weekend following that we are moving out of our townhouse, I am moving home for June/July and DBF is staying with his Grandma who lives closer to the grad school he is starting at next week! So we have to be apart for the whole summer :sad2: but after that things will slow down until August, phew!

I get to make my ADRs on Tuesday!!!!
I need to come up with backups, just in case, too!

That means...
95 days left!!

WooHoo!!!! You're finally done with classes!!! Have fun at your fishing weekend and you better post some pics of your nephew!!! Can't wait to hear about it and just relax.

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE the name of your ptr!!!!

haha its exactly what i'm trying to do too!

its my dbfs first trip to the world and i am hoping and praying he falls head over heals for it so we can go over and over again! heheh!

we're going right after you guys also, august 22-30! WOO FREE DINING!

so i'm excited to read moreee of your ptr! feel free to check mine out if ur interested!

WooHoo!!!! You're finally done with classes!!! Have fun at your fishing weekend and you better post some pics of your nephew!!! Can't wait to hear about it and just relax.

I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE the name of your ptr!!!!

haha its exactly what i'm trying to do too!

its my dbfs first trip to the world and i am hoping and praying he falls head over heals for it so we can go over and over again! heheh!

we're going right after you guys also, august 22-30! WOO FREE DINING!

so i'm excited to read moreee of your ptr! feel free to check mine out if ur interested!

Hey join the club! :rotfl: I just visited your PTR ;)

Ok so I so love that you started that thread!!! I joined in but I don't really have any ideas but I will love seeing what other people come up with! It was a great idea!

Followed you over from Beka's PTR. We will be there a few weeks before you, so we missed free dining, but oh well we still get Disney. Great report so far, AdR's look good. Cant wait to hear more.

So I called for my ADRs this morning! Let me tell you how it went...

I called at about 7:01 and I guess I should have called earlier because I was told it was a 30 minute wait! So I figured I better start getting ready while I was on hold and thank goodness I did. Unfortunately for some reason I could BARELY hear the on-hold 'entertainment' it kept cutting out, was very quiet and fuzzy. I had heard the initial recordings fine so I knew it wasn't my phone and it was slightly depressing :sad2: Anyway I put the phone on speaker while I got dressed, I brushed my teeth managed to do my make-up AND straighten my hair. :scared1: All-in-all I actually waited for OVER an hour and listened to the on-hold loop 3 times!!
When a CM finally picked up I of COURSE got one with a darned thick spanish accent. dang. All of it went smoothly until she went to give me the reservation numbers and our R&C reservation was gone :eek: Somehow she had booked Biergarten instead and I was really hoping for that 8:30 reservation so we could ask for a patio table and watch illuminations :sad1: The latest they had was 6:55. I guess I will try to call back and get a later time, especially at 30 days.
Tried to get dinner at Le Cellier on our last full day but all they had was 2:45! Who eats at 2:45!! :lmao: Oh well I'll take what I can get I guess.
Anyway here's what we got...

Tuesday
Rose & Crown - 6:55pm (wanted 8:30)
Wednesday
Nine Dragons - 12:30pm
Thursday
1900 Park Fare - 10am
Coral Reef - 4:05pm (wanted 4:30)
Friday
Le Cellier - 2:45pm (wanted 5)

<-- Desired ADRs

Yay for ADRs!!! Glad you at least got the restuarants you wanted and hey maybe you'll be lucky and get a later one for LeCellier when you call back. Maybe if you eat really really slowly you'll still be able to see Illuminations and hey since it's an earlier reservation it might make it easier to get a table on the patio since the people who are coming to see illuminations will be there later? This means the trip is getting closer!!!

Yay for ADRs!!! Glad you at least got the restuarants you wanted and hey maybe you'll be lucky and get a later one for LeCellier when you call back. Maybe if you eat really really slowly you'll still be able to see Illuminations and hey since it's an earlier reservation it might make it easier to get a table on the patio since the people who are coming to see illuminations will be there later? This means the trip is getting closer!!!
I don't know over 2 hours is reeeeally streching it for dinner! But at the least we can eat dinner and then stake out a good spot. :confused3 I can't believe its getting so close, and I have so much still to do!! :eek:

OK so here's my loverly spread sheet! All color-coded and reorganized for the new ADRs

Picture2-1.png

<-- Finalized ADRs

holy crap! that is an amazing spread sheet! I love the colors...oh how i love bright colors...i would take a long time eating dinner and just keep getting drinks and slooowwwllly sipping on them if you have to keep the 6:55 reservation, mine is 7:10 or 7:20 or something and i'm just as nervous.

OK time for a side-trip.... fishing upstate with my family!!

Friday: A road trip with a ridiculous amount of stops :faint:
DBF still had 2 finals left! Luckily they were early and we ended up hitting the road around 12:30 after running all around selling back our books, returning library books, and spending the rest of our "points" from our meal plans (they take them away at the end of Spring semester, grr) and gasing up we hit the road. I was in the car with the puppies and DBF on his motorcycle.
An hour and a half later we arrived at his grandma's where we were dropping off his motorcycle (more about that later!) We got it stowed away in the barn and sad hi to gram! (Love that lady!) We were back on the road pretty fast.
Another hour or so later we were at my parent's house. They were already at Black Lake but we picked up my dad's tackle box that he left behind and dropped of my puppy with their dogs that one of my aunts were taking care of.
Then we headed to Oswego to see DBF's sister, she wanted to watch his dog for the weekend, so a little of an hour later we met her in the parking lot of the Chinese Buffet put the dog in her car and went in to grab dinner. I totally chowed down on crab legs!! :rotfl: Oh we also stopped at Wal-Mart for our fishing licenses, tent stakes, and a new life vest for Red.
Back on the road again we had another 2 hours to get to the campground and we finally arrived at 7:20pm :faint: Here was the view from my parent's cabin:
IMG_0015-1.jpg

We threw some of our stuff in the cabin and the rest in DBFs tent that DSis and her BF setup earlier in the day:
IMG_0014.jpg

Well when we got there the campfire was in full swing. Their were hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and Red told me all about the pike he caught. It was thiiiiiiiis big:
IMG_0013.jpg

Unfortunately there aren't any more pictures from that night cuz it was getting dark and I left my camera inside.
So who was there?? Well DM and DD DGramps (DM's dad) and nephew Red who were staying in the cabin, DSis and her BF who were staying with us in the tent. Also, two of my uncles (DD's brothers) and other DGramps (DD's dad) and 2 of my cousins! :eek: Phew that was a lot of people lol
Even though we had dinner I managed to eat a hot dog... followed by several marshmallows... then several more s'mores :rotfl2: Red effectively charred a few marshmallows himself.
At this point we decided to try to set up the air mattress which DBF's mom had put in his boat which DSis and her BF towed up earlier in the day with the tent. So he goes inside and gets it and comes back out to tell me that there's no pump. WHAT?!?! So after 10 minutes or so of fretting and asking around I come to find out he never even opened the box! And can you guess what was inside?? Yep a pump! Well it took us quiet a while to pump that thing up and by that time and after all the traveling we were wiped! We went back up to the cabin to get ready for bed and by the time we got back to the tent we could already tell that the mattress had lost air. This thing was brand new for crying out loud! Well we passed out anyway and were on the ground sometime in the wee hours. And I was f-f-f-freezing most of the night, luckily DBF kept me pretty warm :love:

Saturday
We got up and went inside sometime after 6am and I took a nap on the couch well DBF went out fishing with DGramps, DSis and her BF.
After an exciting night, Red didn't wake up until 10am! He promtly picked out and all camouflage outfit (his favorite) and insisting on wearing his new life vest during breakfast
IMG_0001.jpg

I think he was still a little tired :rotfl:
We had some fun around the cabin until the fishermen came back:
IMG_0003.jpg

Peter Pan?!:laughing:

It was looking like rain and getting pretty rough so the fishermen came back for lunch but not before DSis and her BF got completely soaked by a breaking wave :rotfl: The rest of us got out stuff out of the tent so it wouldn't get wet since we couldn't get the tarp to stay on. Pretty soon it started thunderstorming on and off. DGramps hit the road pretty early, guess he got his fill :confused3 Red donned his camo sneakers, DD's camo hat and DSis's camo sunglasses for some photos
IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Hey where'd he go?!? :lmao:

That afternoon we did some fishing off the docks for perch and sunfish between rainstorms since the waters were pretty rough. Red caught a good one and ran up to the cabin to show it off
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg

I can't remember but I think that evening some of them went back out on the boat?
Since DGramps had headed home DBF and I slept in the 2nd bedroom and DSis and her BF slept on the pull out. MUCH better than the wet tent and deflated air mattress!

Sunday
We woke up early DSis her BF and DD took the boat out. DBF and I got ready and started to pack up and took the tent down. By then they were getting the boat out of the water and everyone got back to pack and clean up the cabin. We stuffed the cars to the brim and after there was nothing left that DBF and I could help with we hit the road around 12:30. We stopped for gas and BK in Watertown and we stopped at Wal-Mart again to pick up some school supplies for DBF who was starting grad school the next day! We also picked up DBF's dog and heard she was very well behaved and even made friend's with a fox terrier who was approximately the size of her head :rotfl2: Another hour later we were turning onto my parent's road and there they were right behind us! :laughing: I don't know how much later the left after us but they managed to catch up. So we scooped up my doggie and got back on the road.
This time when we stopped at his Grandma's I had to leave DBF behind :sad1: his Grandma's is MUCH closer to his grad school so for the rest of May he will be staying there Sunday and Monday night (his classes are Mon/Tue) and coming back to our townhouse Tuesday to Sunday. He'll also be staying there for June and July while I stay at home to save some money before we move in August.
I made it the rest of the way home by around 7:30 and boy was I tired and I started my May Term class on Monday! Busy busy busy. And ever since I got home I have had a depressed pathetic pit bull attached to my hip that really misses her daddy! Exhibit A:
MyPicture.jpg

Luckily he is on his way home as we speak! :love:

<-- Spreadsheet

That...is...AWESOME!! :worship:
:lmao: Thank you! I :love: spreadsheets lol

holy crap! that is an amazing spread sheet! I love the colors...oh how i love bright colors...i would take a long time eating dinner and just keep getting drinks and slooowwwllly sipping on them if you have to keep the 6:55 reservation, mine is 7:10 or 7:20 or something and i'm just as nervous.

Thanks :goodvibes Yeah maybe we can keep delaying ordering saying we're not ready for a while or something and then get the most complicated dinners. The we can do the same thing for dessert... then get coffee/tea....
also... maybe I can try to switch my Le Cellier day with my R&C day... maybe I'll try later tonight or tomorrow

That pic of you & the dog, well, the puppy makes me baby talk. What a cute pup!

awww poor doggy! That was a cute mini trip report! As for illuminations/Rose and Crown..even if they get super frustrated, i'm pretty sure they can't kick you out. If worse comes to worse, just say you'd like to watch illuminations from the deck so you are taking it slow. I guess lol. I'm going to call at the 6 week mark and ask for later things and keep trying, because the later it is, the easier it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter