Deals on the Fisher Price Digital Camera

sammysmom

DIS Veteran
Anyone know of where I could possibly find a deal on the Fisher Price Digital Camera??

Target has the Target-exclusive red one for 56.99. It comes with an extra 32 MB of memory compared with the pink or blue ones. Might not be the cheapest price, but it is a better deal for us due to the extra memory!

WalMart has it in their sale paper this week for 54.88. I got my son one for x-mas.

Walmart had it for 54.99 at my store. I was going to purchase this for my 6 yo for christmas. I did read a review for it in Consumer report sthat stated durability wise it was wonderful but the picture quality was not good at all.You may want to check out the article.I decided against it seeing that ppicture quality was important to us for 54.99.Good Luck

rdsx28 said:
Walmart had it for 54.99 at my store. I was going to purchase this for my 6 yo for christmas. I did read a review for it in Consumer report sthat stated durability wise it was wonderful but the picture quality was not good at all.You may want to check out the article.I decided against it seeing that ppicture quality was important to us for 54.99.Good Luck

I have read the same thing about the quality. We are getting it for DD3, so we are more interested in durability and ease of use. DD7 also wants a digital camera - I will be checking the Black Friday ads to get a real one for her. I think it depends on the age of the child whether or not it is a good idea. HTH!

rdsx28 said:

A close friend of mine has one for her son and she said it takes "craptastic" pictures. The pic quality has been so bad she hasnt been able to print one out, very grainy. SO.... we will wait till DS4 is a little older, which is a shame cuz he is dying for one.

Thank you so much for all your responses. I guess I will rethink this idea-even though my daughter is dying to get a camera.

My five year old is getting one for Christmas

About the quality...

My five year old actually already has a digital camera.. a batman one. The quality is terrible. The flash never goes off, he has to wait for two beeps, otherwise we get a blur of a photo, as he whips his camera down. And you can't review the photo. So, we're upgrading.

That said.. he loves it every time we upload HIS photos to the computer. He doesn't care at all that they are blurry. He giggles at photos of the floor he took. He just doesn't care. I think the durablity is more important than quality at this age. Even with a great camera, he's only five, and is still just going to want to take photos of his stuffed animals and the floor.

Plantlady said:
My five year old is getting one for Christmas

About the quality...

My five year old actually already has a digital camera.. a batman one. The quality is terrible. The flash never goes off, he has to wait for two beeps, otherwise we get a blur of a photo, as he whips his camera down. And you can't review the photo. So, we're upgrading.

That said.. he loves it every time we upload HIS photos to the computer. He doesn't care at all that they are blurry. He giggles at photos of the floor he took. He just doesn't care. I think the durablity is more important than quality at this age. Even with a great camera, he's only five, and is still just going to want to take photos of his stuffed animals and the floor.

I agree. My sons both got this for their b-day from their auntie and use it everday the take pictures of their toys and there feet and get a total kick out of it, they look at the pics on the computer and have yet ask to print one out for them to hold it. I love it because it won't break when they drop it and they are learning how to use a camera.

mommyoftwinfants said:
I agree. My sons both got this for their b-day from their auntie and use it everday the take pictures of their toys and there feet and get a total kick out of it, they look at the pics on the computer and have yet ask to print one out for them to hold it. I love it because it won't break when they drop it and they are learning how to use a camera.

That's our thought in buying it for Christmas. I don't expect DD3 to take pictures that we will want to enlarge and hang on the wall - I just want her to get used to using and caring for a camera and having fun with it. DD7 might actually take some "keeper" pictures, so I want her to have a real one. Both girls have asked for one, so we don't want to get one for one child and not one for the other, but DD3 is definitely not ready for a typical camera!

rdsx28 said:

I read reviews also. But-for my DS who's 4 & takes pics of himself, toys, the floor, etc. I think it's perfect. I don't expect great quality pics.

My 3 y.o. is having a fit for a camera and his grandmother is getting him one for his 4th birthday this month. He just likes snapping them and viewing them on the camera. He uses our digital camera now but I want him to have his own to play with before ours gets dropped and broken. And it seems like it's the perfect size for little hands to operate. I think he will LOVE it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EULZPU/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/102-4504213-1621705

Ok after all this discussion about the camera, Grandma calls last night and wants to buy DS this for xmas. SOO looks like we will be getting it after all, ive decided you all are right, kids just take pics of random stuff anyway and it will make him super duper happy to play with it. So im gonna let grandma spend her money lol. It got pretty decent reviews on Amazon including one woman who said she exchanged it for a different fisher price camera and the second one got MUCH better pics!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter