Deals offered on board

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by toy, Jan 4, 2010.

1. toy

toy Mouseketeer

I am trying to convince dh that I just can't wait until 2012 to go on the Dream with our friends. They won't go until last child turns 3 in September 2012. So, I reminded him that they offer a deal if you book before you leave. I just don't know what that deal is. Has anyone done the onboard offer and what kind of deal did you get?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

10% off the cruise fare portion of the ticket (less some dumb small charge) + an onboard credit based on the length of the cruise you book.

4. aliron

aliron Mouseketeer

And, the deposit should only be 1/2 of the normal deposit. It was in Nov 09. :thumbsup2

So if you have some spare change, you can set down a deposit for your next cruise and save some money and get OBC.

You can always cancel your reservation until the paid in full date to get your deposit back.

5. toy

toy Mouseketeer

Do I have to have all the names of my party? I was wondering if I can just book for 2 of us and add the children later to spread out the deposit a little?

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

You can, but there is no guarantee that you'll be able to add the kids later. Their age group could fill up (yes, it does happen), or the lifeboat station could fill. As of 2 weeks ago, they were still offering the 1/2 deposit for bookings on board. Also, you will get the 10% off for only those people you book while on board. If you add the kids later, you won't get the discount on them.

7. toy

toy Mouseketeer

very good points thanks for the info. This is why I love this board

8. smsnorthup

smsnorthup I have OCDD-Obsessive Compulsive Disney Disorder

Does anyone know the onboard credit for 4 or 5 night cruises?

9. cph706

cph706 Mouseketeer

Another question...if we aren't sure about school vacations for 2011...if we need to reschedule, does the discount/credit still apply? Thanks!

10. Tinkerkell123

Tinkerkell123 DIS Veteran

Yet another question! What if I re-book onboard and then later get one of those e-mails saying kids go free with adult? Can I use that for the cruise I booked onboard?

11. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

Yes you can, but if you do, you'll lose the 10% discount and OBC. You can only have one booking offer per reservation, so it's either/or, not both.

Sayhello

12. skylynx

skylynx DIS Sponsor

We booked the Dream when it first came available to Castaway Club members, but are hoping to rebook the same cruise onboard with the discount on our upcoming July cruise and just roll it over to our existing reservation on Dream. Many DISboarders book "dummy" reservations even when they don't know when (or even where) they want to go to grab that 10% discount. If they still have the half-off deposit deal, and you are able to let Disney hang on to your money for all that time, it's a great deal. Even with the full deposit, 10% on top of the earliest tier pricing (the lowest available for most cabins for each cruise date) is still something to consider.

Besides the potential financial advantages, nothing soothes your my-cruise-is-almost-over meltdown better than having that reservation confirmation for another cruise in hand, no matter how far off!

13. NE14DisneyWorld?

NE14DisneyWorld? Mouseketeer

We booked on-board last June and transferred the reservation to a five-night this June. The on-board credit stayed with us - $100!!!

14. ibela

ibela DIS Veteran

Double check on this because I was told the 10% off applies to the cabin, regardless of who was booked initially.

15. mommyoftwinfants

mommyoftwinfants DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add that we received a flyer on our last day that basically said invite friends or family to join you on your cruise and mention code ????? and they too will receive a $100 OBC 3/4... $200 OBC 7 ..... must book within 30 days and must be on same cruise.....