Dealing with The Loss of a Son

I can honestly say I have never experienced losing a child so I can't say I know your pain. I do know what it is to lose someone you love dearly. Please accept my deepest sympathy for you and your family. :hug:

Please try to remember that it is ok to cry, no matter how many times. Embrace your husband, let him know you need his strength as much as I am sure he needs yours.

Thank You everyone for your kind words and sharing your stories with me. I am so filled with emotions I never know from minute to minute what I am going to be like. I feel like I burden people and I try not to discuss my son too much with family and friends, but it's hard not to when he was my life.

:guilty:

Thank You everyone for your kind words and sharing your stories with me. I am so filled with emotions I never know from minute to minute what I am going to be like. I feel like I burden people and I try not to discuss my son too much with family and friends, but it's hard not to when he was my life.

:hug:

I wish I could give you a real hug. You are not a burden on anybody - you re hurting and it helps to talk while healing. :hug: If you ever need to talk about it (well, write about it since we're online) feel free to send me a PM. I had a car accident a few years ago and I still have PTSD from it. It helps me to talk about it sometimes so feel free to talk to me.

Weren't you on the Double Dip trip last September? I remember your name.

Take care. :hug:

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. Don't feel like you are a burden, if you need to cry then do it, you are sure entitled to it. :hug:

I had a car accident a few years ago and I still have PTSD from it. It helps me to talk about it sometimes so feel free to talk to me.

I too had PTSD after our neighbor's house burned down & their 21-yr old son died in the fire. It's been 8 years & I still need to talk about it from time to time, to re-live that day & what happened...so please talk to us about your dear son. Tell us anything you'd like about him, everyone here will listen with open ears. Post pictures, tell us how you feel, anything.

:hug: I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I watched what my mom went through when my sister suddenly died. I pray that you will know Gods peace and comfort in the days ahead.

I am glad to hear you are in the support group. We are here for you too. I pray also that your dh and you will find strength in each other in the days ahead.

My mom did a few things to honor my sisters memory. People gave her money donations and she used them to put on a childrens play in her memory and the rest went to a childrens orphanage as my sister loved children so, even though she wasnt married. I pray you will find a special way to honor your son, Blessings to you.

I can not begin to understand your pain. I am deeply sorry for everything. Please NEVER feel like you are a burden here. This is a community, every one of us, and we are all here for you any time you need it.:grouphug:

I will keep you in constant thought and prayer. :hug:

Dear niece Stacy. I am glad you found this forum. You are not a burden. I know Damien was your life. Feel free to email me or call me every day. I am here for you.
Aunt Michele

:hug:Stacy..I can only shed tears and say a prayer for you but know that you and your family are in my thoughts. Shirley

I wish I could give you a real hug. You are not a burden on anybody - you re hurting and it helps to talk while healing. :hug: If you ever need to talk about it (well, write about it since we're online) feel free to send me a PM. I had a car accident a few years ago and I still have PTSD from it. It helps me to talk about it sometimes so feel free to talk to me.

Weren't you on the Double Dip trip last September? I remember your name.

Take care. :hug:

and Yes, we did the Double Dip.. I was in charge of handing out FE lists

Dear niece Stacy. I am glad you found this forum. You are not a burden. I know Damien was your life. Feel free to email me or call me every day. I am here for you.
Aunt Michele

Thanks Aunt Michele,
I know you are here for me and us. Sometimes its just too hard to talk about so writing is a bit easier..
Are you going to Scott & Beth's for the BBQ thing?

:hug: I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I watched what my mom went through when my sister suddenly died. I pray that you will know Gods peace and comfort in the days ahead.

I am glad to hear you are in the support group. We are here for you too. I pray also that your dh and you will find strength in each other in the days ahead.

My mom did a few things to honor my sisters memory. People gave her money donations and she used them to put on a childrens play in her memory and the rest went to a childrens orphanage as my sister loved children so, even though she wasnt married. I pray you will find a special way to honor your son, Blessings to you.

I am sorry for your loss as well..

Damien was a volunteer EMT for our town so a lot of people sent donations in honor of our Son which was really nice..

We are also getting a monogrammed Brick, in a special garden from the Compassionate Friends, which is the support group I go to once a month..

Oh and there are now 2 separate scholarships given each May in Damien's name. One to a nursing student, because Damien was in school for Respiratory Therapy.. and the other given to a most improved student..

:thumbsup2

Stacy - Amy (DisneyGirl02) just told me about your post regarding the loss of your son. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Every one experiences grief in different ways and there is no right way to deal with it. Don't feel that you need to be strong for everyone. Tears may be what you need to cope. Whatever you need to do (whether it's crying, meeting in a group, or posting on here) is the right thing for you. :hug:

I am so, so sorry you lost you son. I dont know what else to say. I am so sorry.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank You everyone.. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.. I'm trying to be strong but some days it is very difficult to even smile

Stacey - managing a smile even once in a while is good. It's a long process just to learn to live with your loss.

:mad:

Why can't my Husband Understand and Accept the fact that I do NOT want to go to MNSSHP this year??

It would be the 1st one we've ever done without our son and I am Not ready for that!!!! :headache:

I even told him NO!!! and Why and he just does Not get it!!

:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter