De-lurking/Allergy Menus

krennaker

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! I am a longtime lurker, and I have used these boards to help guide me through WDW planning and eating for a number of years (since 2009). I am wondering if it is against the rules to make a thread with a copy of each of the new allergy menus. I would be happy to take that task on. I have found several online, that I have not seen on here. I like to use them to get an idea of what we may be able to have at certain restaurants, but I understand nothing is a guarantee. If this is a no-go, that's okay too, just thought I would ask. Thanks for any help!

I don't know anything about rules, just wanted to comment because i'm amazed that you've been lurking since 2009. Welcome to posting :D. Sounds like your idea would be helpful to a lot of people, not sure why it would be against the rules...

Yes, it's kinda creepy isn't it:) But I love Disney and I love the Disboards. I have sent so many people here!! I am not sure why I have never posted before. But I am very thankful to all that do!
I read all the stickies, but I just wanted to make sure. I will start composing a thread for it, and if others at the parks want to snap pics and contribute that would be awesome!

:welcome: Wow, that is a long time for lurking! I'm glad you've found the DISboards so helpful. :goodvibes

There is no rule against posting pictures of menus in your own thread. I suggest you includes dates, it's possible (probably likely) the menus change over time. That's why we don't really have a sticky "reference" thread for such things.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you plan on using pictures taken from other websites, the prudent thing to do would be to give them credit.

Thanks! My thought was to either list and link by park (no pics) with dates, or put the picture and give credit under photo along with date it was current. I just reread the linking policy and it seemed as long as I am not selling anything, or linking to certain sites, that I can do this. Just trying to figure out which is more user friendly.

Here is my example. Do you guys think this works? I really appreciate your input as this is kind of new to me. I would probably add a disclaimer about still speaking to the chef/manager and contacting special diets.

Magic Kingdom
Columbia Harbor House December 2013

x-PtPY2Boopc-i5WDa8Xu_rpY0G-jQq3C0RhBT2SeizH0zC_L-2G1Lto6Ea15WoKvZQDUrKQzlG-Xn8s5VClSXM0Mn2r9Ki--TKF49ataKMNsrbRn319PJgFzM6mo5nNyDwdh2A

Cosmic Ray’s January 2015
uMFRRbGneA0AyB89ucHNSqOhlmC4iNeVdTlPSxSuwzWe2fCvIsax2tTFuDqrQMCNbn0PMnllZB6jQbA71trUY_8ZmJh-tTQRPjwkh8Yz2tg8H-T6v0M6O7X07EgiVBWEzl0JftQ

That would be awesome if you could do this. I'm trying to plan meals for our wish trip dealing with milk, tree nuts, peanuts, and shellfish allergies and gluten sensitivity. Oy...

I think this is a great idea. We were just there and I wish I had thought to take pics of the allergy menus.

I want to thank you for actually working on something like this. In my mind it has an additional "perk" to it- at the bottom of some of the location menus it will give warnings. For example on the Columbia Harbor House it says for Fish/Shellfish they recommend a different establishment. This lets people know they need to skip that location in advance... in a case like my son's it also lets us know to not mention the shrimp allergy or they may refuse to serve him. I know that sounds silly but he does not react to cross contamination he just can't directly eat a bunch of shrimp so mentioning it results in us having to trek fully across the park to the only other CS that has options for his other issues while it presents no real danger for somebody else to eat shrimp nearby.

You're welcome! I am so glad it helped you. I hope I can get it a little more together soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!