DDP without tickets

MikL99

Mouseketeer
Can you add the DDP for 1 day without tickets? We are going to Disney Aug 13 - Aug 21. To get free dining i had to switch rooms from standard to Royal rooms at Port Orleans. However free dining started Aug 14th.

So i have 2 reservations. Aug 13th room only. And then Aug 14th - 21st with 9 days of tickets (1 extra), Free dining, park hopper.

Unfortunately before all of these changes we had Chef Mickey planned on Aug 13th. This is an expensive meal. I don't mind paying out of pocket but I would rather pay a bit more for the day and get the DDP added. We are a Party of 9 so this isn't easy to change reservations at this point.

I have gotten mixed answers. My Disney Travel agent said she asked and they told her no since we don't have a ticket for that day. However i've heard from others that they were able to get the dining plan for more days than they get tickets. (Friends go for 14 days but only get tickets for 10 days, but get dining for 14 days).

So is this possible to add? Should i call myself?

In the past, Disney required a minimum of two days in order to add the dining plan. DVC members (and may AP) can add it to a one-day reservation. The dining plan is always based on the length of the resort stay.

You'll need to call to see if you can convert your one day reservation to a "ticketless package." You might have to try a a couple times before someone can make it happen (or give up).

Yep, They said no. Even tried to get them to give me free dining the extra day. They talked with Supervisor and came back and said there was nothing they could do.

You can try to book Chef Mickey's for a different day. Because you are a party of 9, try splitting into smaller parties (5&4, 2&2&5, etc.). Keep looking for reservations of any number several times a day. You will need to book reservations of smaller parties with the same time under different My Disney Experience accounts. I know it's not ideal, but it's an option.

You should be able to book a dining package without tickets but I don't know if there is a minimum number of nights required to do that.

Should i call myself?

If your reservation was made by a TA, you can't make any changes or additions to it. It wouldn't hurt to call and see if it is even possible. If you get a yes, I would stay on my TA to do it. There IS such a thing as a ticketless package, but as others have said, there may be a minimum amount of nights required. You can't get free dining, because your date doesn't fall within the time for it, but you might be able to pay for it for that one night.

If you have a room only reservation, that gets cancelled and refunded since the rooms res system is different from the package system and they can't even transfer funds between the two. If your room category is no longer available your TA will have to deal with a CM who will interface with the Guest Services desk to see if they can switch the res and still keep the room. Used to able to do this years ago, regular CMs have no access for this, but with all the computer changes I don't know if this is still an option for Guest Services either, GS seems to be more restricted lately in what they can do.

You would then book a one night ticketless package and add the DDP to that. This has to booked as a package, cannot add the DDP to what is booked in the room only res system. That might be why your TA go no for an answer.

I was able to get the DDP plan for my one night stay next month. They had to cancel my room only reservation and book me in a ticketless package.

Are you an annual pass holder?
No I am not a Annual Pass holder. Just booked a room for the night after we get off a Royal Caribbean cruise and was able to add the DDP since I got a reservation for my son and I Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter