DDP really holds up the line!!!!!!

And, apparently, some people are very comfortable with making themselves look ignorant.

Was that really necessary ?
Like I said before the brochure that Disney gives guests on the DDP at check in is useless. Believe it or not, some people have lives and jobs and kids, which leaves little time for researching info online. I have 2 guidebooks (Passporter and UG) and even though they are very helpful with the DDP they STILL don't mention all the restrictions.They couldn't even if they wanted to because the rules keep changing every few weeks.

When you call someone ignorant you're implying that they chose not to get acquainted with the information that was provided to them. Disney provides little to no information to their guests on the dining plan.

I've been to WDW many, times but we've never used DDP. Our upcoming trip in a couple of months will be the first time with DDP.

I dont' want to be one of the ones holding up the line so I've been researching what the credits can and can not be used for. However, I do have one question. Do you receive a "dining card" separate from your room key when you check in or is the dining plan attached to your room key/park passes?

Thank you!

Do you receive a "dining card" separate from your room key when you check in or is the dining plan attached to your room key/park passes?

Thank you!

It's attached to your key unless you request otherwise. pixiedust:

I agree that hold ups are annoying. I"m more upset by those who dont bother to look at the menu before getting to the front of the line then those who need the DDP explained. I used to work at a Cinnabon and we'd constantly have people complain about how long the line was just to get to the front and go "now what do I want......hhhmmmmm...."

I agree that the Disney brochure isn't totally informative. I was lucky last year to be there when it wasn't busy so I was able to ask questions. Mostly it was "We're on DDP, what CAN'T we get from the menu?". I think if they had some way to colour code the menus at the CS places to show exclusions (like putting the snack symbol beside what qualifies as a snack) things would go alot smoother. That way you can clearly see what you can and can't get.

Was that really necessary ?
Like I said before the brochure that Disney gives guests on the DDP at check in is useless. Believe it or not, some people have lives and jobs and kids, which leaves little time for researching info online. I have 2 guidebooks (Passporter and UG) and even though they are very helpful with the DDP they STILL don't mention all the restrictions.They couldn't even if they wanted to because the rules keep changing every few weeks.

When you call someone ignorant you're implying that they chose not to get acquainted with the information that was provided to them. Disney provides little to no information to their guests on the dining plan.

you took the words out of my mouth. And not to mention that things change to the dinning plan all the time. Meals for kids etc. I am one who is paying for the dinning plan. you have to know that with so many people there that a wait will be expected. give people a break.:mad:

Actually, it's called self confidence. I am quite comfortable asking questions regarding something I know nothing about. :cool1:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: thank you!

the dinning plan is not the only reason the line is being held up and i don't know why but this thread has just made me mad:mad:

The plan is simple. There are virtually no exclusions. The vast majority of the threads are from posters that want to use child credits for adult meals. Threads that complain about the kids meals. Threads that complain about sugar free jello. Threads that complain about how the dining plan is "ruining" the restaurants. There are virtually no posts regarding what's covered.

The written brochure spells it out.

Snacks--A handful are listed and anything that has the snack logo is included.

Quick Service--Combo--drink and dessert
Table Service--just ask your waiter.

A guest paying with actual cash is going to slow down the line more then a guest on the dining plan. The cashier rings up the sale then the guest goes through, looks for exact change and then waits for the cashier to make change.

edited to say I agree with the previous poster. There are many reasons for the line being held up.

Now I'm getting a little paranoid. I'm about to go on my first trip to WDW - solo. Reading about how much the regulars can't stand first timers who don't know all the ins and outs of ordering makes me nervous.

I'm glad I'm reading all the tips here, but I'm concerned that if I don't order just the right way, with all the knowledge of a regular there will be people behind me getting upset. I know the CM's will be helpful, and I guess none of this really matters with table service but I'm now wondering about the people waiting behind me.

Now I'm getting a little paranoid. I'm about to go on my first trip to WDW - solo. Reading about how much the regulars can't stand first timers who don't know all the ins and outs of ordering makes me nervous.

I'm glad I'm reading all the tips here, but I'm concerned that if I don't order just the right way, with all the knowledge of a regular there will be people behind me getting upset. I know the CM's will be helpful, and I guess none of this really matters with table service but I'm now wondering about the people waiting behind me.

I felt like that too when I was planning our first trip. It went fine though. Most of the posters here are extremely helpful, if it wasn't for the DIS my trip would have been a nightmare.
I'm no expert, but if I can give you some advice about CS.. go there at off hours, like lunch around 11am or 2pm, and dinner either before 5 or after 8. Except for Cantina @ Epcot we never had to worry about the people behind us... because we were the only ones there!

You want Mickey Bar ?!?!? Three Dollah !!! Next !!! :rotfl:

A guest paying with actual cash is going to slow down the line more then a guest on the dining plan. The cashier rings up the sale then the guest goes through, looks for exact change and then waits for the cashier to make change.
I really could not disagree more.

We weren't on the DDP, but I feel like we knew everything there was to know about it from five days of standing on lines and having to wait while the CM explained the DDP to a customer and then having to remove or add items. It was especially bad at the CS at POP. There was more than one morning when our breakfasts got cold because the person in front of us was having their kids run back and forth to get food that was allowed WHILE the cashier was ringing up their order. This happened EVERY morning.

After that experience, I would agree that there should be separate lines for those on the DDP and those who are not. Maybe that way my french toast wouldn't have been cold.

My dh had wanted to go on the DDP, but I didn't want to fuss with it. After just two days of listening to the CMs in every park and our hotel explain the DDP over and over and over to entire lines of people, my dh said, "You were right. This is way too much work. I just want to order what I want, pay and get out and not have to negotiate the Paris Peace Accords to get a dessert."

I think either way... unless you are an extremely generous (sp?) and patient (sp?) person... whether or not you are using the DDP, people who are not informed or mis-informed about the DDP is extremely bothersome. There are a lot of things out there that are extremely bothersome. Perhaps "Cash Only" lines may be a solution (though I think for the complaint here it would be "Non-DDP Only" lines), but then it puts people like me, who use the DDP (and for the most part understand it, I am not going to hold up the line) in a bad place cuz I don't wanna wait for those people either. I am just in as must of a hurry also. :)

Someone made the comment earlier about going to a TS and the wait staff asking if they are on the DDP and when they replied "no" the wait staff said "Good you can order what you want" I think that was very poor wording from the wait staff. Because, I do use the DDP and I will order whatever I want... and if it's not included I will pay for it out of my pocket... I am not sure what is not included at many TS around the World that you couldn't get while on DDP... I would just assume that if there are special items include (such as smoothies or milkshakes) or not included (I dunno what they are, besides alcoholic beverages, so I'm gonna pull an example outta my tuckus, such as lobster) then they should state it up front and it doesn't take that much breath outta the wait staff to state that.

Waiter: Are you on the DDP?
Person A: Yes we are.
Waiter: Great, but at our restaurant some items are not included such as the lobster tail/Great, and at our restaurant you can order a smoothie or milkshake as a drink instead of a soda.

Or something a long those lines.

I think it would be easier if we were allowed to pay first at the hotel food courts, I dont mind waiting in a line behind people asking questions/taking a long time as long as my food isnt getting cold.

If people get mad behind you, then either ignore them or tell them to kiss off. Seriously, I don't care if someone has been there 100's of times (like me who was a College programmer 3 times and now owns a DVC and AP) and know the ins and outs... it doesn't give them the right to be rude to someone.

We were all first timers at one point. And as Disney adds new technology there is a learning curve. I've used DDP twice now and have rarely had a problem or have it go super slow at the counter. In fact the ONLY time I can really think of it happening was more the cashier being new and not quite understanding it than any patron.

Now, while they don't have the right too, peopel will be jerks. They are hot and tired (it gets REALLY bad during the summer and the holidays) and that sometimes causes manners to be shelved, especially with hot and tired and cranky kids. But while they may mutter or give you a look, most won't say anything... so unless you are intentionally trying to be disruptive (and you obviously aren't) don't worry about it. If someone confronts you, be calm and then find a cast member. Although I have only seen people from different groups get mad at each other and start yelling less than 5 times either as a cast member or guest (and 1 of those was late at night at PI where Alcohol was involved and another was at the English Pub in Epcot and similiarly involved alcohol) so I wouldn't worry about it.

This is one reason we never buy the DDP and stick to DDE.
We will NOT eat CS. Talk about wasting time and getting frustrated.
The DDP creates a huge waste of food. People feel like they must eat it all!Never have I seen more people eat too much in my life. It's out of hand and a bit over the top in my opinion. Stick to one nice TS meal a day and a light breakfast. Your future healthy self will thank you for it!

Today's episode of The DDP Is Evil will be back after a short commercial break.

If you REALLY want to notice this -- attend the Food and Wine Fest in the Fall. :sad2: I hope they improve their system this Fall. DDP guests made the lines EXTREMELY slow. (No fault of the guest. Just Slllllllooooowwwwww......)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter