DDP Question...Please Help!

Princess1967

Earning My Ears
My husband, my 5 year old daughter and I will be at Disney from 9/24-9/30, using the free dining plan offer (have never used the plan before). I'm new to these boards and have searched for this answer, but haven't found it. Please help!

Does each person in your party have to each specifically use his/her allotted meals, or can I choose to pay for some of my daughter's sit-down meals? Our plan is for 6 nights (18 of each meal/snack). For sit-down meals, we have booked Hoop-de-Doo (6 credits), California Grill (6 credits), Kona Cafe (3 credits), Le Cellier (3 credits) and Crystal Palace (3 credits) for a total of 21 credits (too much). Can our daughter just share our meals at some places? Or if she wants the kids menu, can we pay for her meals at California Grill and Kona Cafe, which would eliminate 3 credits and get us down to 18?

I hope I'm making sense...I could really use some help understanding how they monitor the meal credits. Thanks in advance!

I finally found a thread that answered my own question. I see that there is a distinction between adult and child credits. Sorry about the post!

Hi Princess :wave: !

I just wanted to say "hi" and we'll "see" you at WDW. Me, DH and our 2 friends will be at WDW the same dates that you are. 7 weeks from today and counting :banana: !

Thanks for the welcome. I've never done so much research on a trip in my life, and we've been doing Disney for years. It's our first time with the dining plan, however, which has been what's tripped me up. Thanks to this board, I think I'm finally getting it!

I'll look for you in September. :)

Just wanted so say Hi! Welcome to the DisBoards. We'll also be there the same time you are (Sept 22nd-30th). Have fun and you came to the right place. This board is invaluable for planning WDW trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!