DDP Plan - Can I treat a friend?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by RavenclawMom, Oct 14, 2011.

1. RavenclawMom

RavenclawMom Earning My Ears

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I have a friend who lives in Orlando and has an AP. Can I treat my friend to a TS meal using my DDP?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Nope. You may not use your dining credits to purchase food for those not on the plan.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was

Disney's written rule is that you may not redeem your dining credits to purchase meals for anyone who is not on your room reservation/dining plan.

5. CanadianMomofTwo

CanadianMomofTwo Earning My Ears

Slightly different than this - can you use the credits to purchase an extra meal for one person on the plan, and one less for another person? My family is going to disney with my dad and his wife. Each couple (us and my parents) are going on one "date night". My dad's restaurant choice doesn't take the disney dining plan, and our restaurant counts for two table service credits. Can we use both our credits and theirs, then just pay for their meal out of pocket? Or does each person in the group have to use the same number of credits for themselves (i.e. if DH and I use two of our credits for our dinner out, can we then each "borrow" one of the other's credits for lunch the next day or something?

6. havoc315

havoc315 DIS Veteran

That's a perfectly acceptable use of credits. All the credits are pooled on the reservation. Therefore any adult credit can be used by any adult in the party.