DDP making it hard not to go back

Clare D

Minnie Mania
This trip we spent a few days just outside Chicago and I really got the bug for having a trip outside of Florida.
However since our return I have been pricing up various trips within the US but I keep coming back to the Disney hotels. If I booked again this would be my 7th trip but the DDP is making it hard to resist.
On our recent trip I paid an extra £90 to upgrade to table service and we had such great food that we calculated we must have saved at least £600 on our food bill over 10 days. We could stay in the Beach Club for 14 nights and inc DDP, tickets and flights it works out at in some cases (Cape Cod and Boston) over £2000 cheaper and that would be on a room only basis.
Is anybody else finding this when looking at 2010?

we havent even gone on this years free dinding yet but are planning for 2010 already!!!

the ddp does make it very doable as you dont have to worry about food and then dont need as much spending money.

I cant wait to give it a try for the first time tomorrow!!

We still had a TS credit left but all the snack credits went. We didn't use them for water but for things that cost more such as ice cream instead. The ice cream place (by the Coke thing) at Epcot was great. The scoops were huge.
Have a great trip both/all of you and I hope those babies enjoy the sounds of Disney too!

thanks will make sure i make a visit to that place! I have printed off the snack list from the restraurant board and I said I didnt want to waste it on drinks, they are cheap to buy oop so will do that, we still have 6 ts not booked up but i'm hoping we can get soem walk ups esp beaches and cream! i want the kitchen sink but dh wont eat it so cant manage all by myself!

We visited Wolfgang Puck's at DTD for 2 TS meals and as we got there just as they started serving lunch and dinner we had no problem getting a table.
The food was delicious too and their salads were huge - just in case you do manage a kitchen sink all by yourself :rotfl2:
Later on though it was packed especially with local business people.

love WP we went there a few years back and sat downstairs so i will be trying again, alos want to try paradiso 37 and big river brewing works i think it is on the boardwalk!

I would certainly give it a try!!! my twins love ice cream at the moment! I'm eating loads so I'm sure I would give it a try! DH would go mad though!

I can relate... For 10 nights hotel and breakfast in New York and Boston (not expensive hotels either) it's working out almost the same as 9 nights in WDW with tickets and nearly all of our meals and snacks. WDW is certainly good value at the moment :goodvibes This is probably an extreme example though since New York and Boston (New England in general come to think of it) aren't cheap places to stay, California was much more reasonable aside from San Francisco. Personally I really want to visit other parts of the US so I just try and work what I can into out holiday budget... I know some worry that they'll be disappointed with non-Orlando destinations but I don't feel that way: I love the Disney parks but also enjoy cities, beaches, countryside etc :goodvibes

I haven't tried it and am encourgaed to hear good things about it. We always schedule a lot of dining even if we are paying out of pocket so it should be a good deal for us. Looking forward to trying it!

If they offered free DDP for our visit (May 2010) then it'd make our decision about where to stay a whole lot easier!!

Oh thanks for that. I checked the small print earlier and couldn't see it, I will try again :thumbsup2

For some reason the offer details show this years dates only but its definitely online for next year too has been for a while.

We've booked for 2010 with free DDP at POFQ. However looking at the restaurants available to use, there is a lot including Wolfgang Pucks that are included in 2009 but not in 2010.

Anyone have any info on this or do things change nearer to the start of the year.

Yes I had noticed that too. DTD especially seems very limited! Maybe to do with external franchises? Hopefully they add more or my time there will be limited!!

places normally get added to the ddp nearer the time so the end of this year, last year when we booked this holiday wolfgang puck was not on the list but as they are not disney owned they take longer to agree terms etc

Thanks for the answer. WP express is a favourite of ours so was hoping it would be included.

Hope you are enjoying your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter