ddp for 2008

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by DisneyDancin7, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DisneyDancin7

DisneyDancin7 Loves the Smell of Columbia Harbour House

I recently read the review by Kevin Klose on Le Cellier, and it was dated 1/04/08...in his review, he stated that for the dining plan you get an appetizer, entre, and dessert...however, i have recently understood that this was true for 2007, but not for 2008...supposedly for 2008 it has been changed to solely an entre and a dessert...can anyone confirm this? what exactly does the 2008 dining plan include? :confused3 thanks!

2. NWOhioAngela

NWOhioAngela DIS Veteran

DDP = 1 entree, 1 dessert, no gratuity

You get one counter service meal, one table service meal and one snack per day of your package.

3. prettypixie

prettypixie Dznydva

Yes, unfortunately beginning in 2008 the Dining plan no longer included an appetizer with your Table service credit.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. willis37862

willis37862 <font color=navy>Captain Jack is still my fave JD

If you are on the deluxe dining plan then you get the appetizer . But not on the basic dining plan.

6. DLBDS

DLBDS Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

Firstly....:welcome:

It appears that you are new to the whole WDW planning community so I would like to share with you another really great and informative website. This particular link will take you to the 2008 Dining Plan page....

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/packages08a.htm

Don't forget to check out the menus!

7. lorax123

lorax123 DIS Veteran

We decided to try the DDP for the first time ever, I knew about the no gratuity but when I saw they changed it to not include and appetizer I was very disappointed.

I doubt we'll be trying the DDP again. Come on, no appetizer, but a dessert? I can live without a dessert. If anything eat an app and the entree, then grab a sweet snack (even if it's out of pocket) later in the park.

Just a way of saving them money and getting the customer to shell out some money for dinner.

8. DisneyDancin7

DisneyDancin7 Loves the Smell of Columbia Harbour House

thanks so much for all your help! :banana:

[​IMG]

9. NWOhioAngela

NWOhioAngela DIS Veteran

I know this isn't an original idea, but I still wish they would give you the choice either an appie or a dessert, but they probably figure we would share and there would go their extra money. :sad2:

10. lorax123

lorax123 DIS Veteran

I totally agree! But it seems the app. prices are higher than dessert prices, so I guess apps lose that battle!
    can I order my desser before dinner as an app. then?:)