DDP and Weight Gain

How much weight did you gain while on the DDP?

• Lost Weight

• Stayed the Same

• 0 - 5 Pounds

• 6 - 10 Pounds

• 11 or more Pounds

Results are only viewable after voting.

disney1990

<font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a
I'm using the poll so people can keep their weight gain a secret. But, I'm really interested in how much weight you gained while on the DDP. We head to Florida Friday and I'm just a little afraid.

Oh my goodness this poll scares me! lol Ive been dieting for a year and plan on not dieting when I go to WDW in 20 days.. Im really hoping with the amount of walking and swimming daily I wont gain more than 2 or 3 pounds as a worst case senario..

I know a bunch of people say that they stay the same since there is so much walking involved, but I for sure gained 5 lbs for the 9 days we were there. I am normally a very active person (with 5 kids, who isn't;)) so the extra walking did nothing for my body! But I think it was all worth it and planning on doing it again next month;) This time I just know that I have to coe back and go on a short diet to lose it.

We went in April/May and I gained 3lbs. But I always gain weight at Disney. ;) We were there 11 days so I guess it could have been worse?? :confused3 My DH gained 5lbs.

I've since lost the weight though so I'm ready to go back in October!!

Kristen

WAHMto5 said:
I know a bunch of people say that they stay the same since there is so much walking involved, but I for sure gained 5 lbs for the 9 days we were there. I am normally a very active person (with 5 kids, who isn't;)) so the extra walking did nothing for my body! But I think it was all worth it and planning on doing it again next month;) This time I just know that I have to coe back and go on a short diet to lose it.

I just wanted to add that we are active people too. MY Dh & I walk as much as we can when we at Disney. We frequently stay at the BWV so we walk to MGM and Epcot. We enjoy walking/running and do it as much as we can.

Even in January when we have run the marathon/half marathon I've gained weight. It comes off easy enough once at home but it can be a little frustrating.

Kristen

Keep in mind that to gain a pound (not counting water weight or the extra food you may be carrying in your digestive system for a couple days), you have to consume 3500 extra calories!

Even if you consume an extra 1000 calories a day, you would only gain two pounds on a seven-night trip!

I was worried about the weight gain too when we went just two weeks ago. I was presently surprised I stayed exactly the same weight!! I attribute it too also all the walking we do while at WDW. We also stayed at BWV and walk to Epcot and MGM plus the walking in the parks.

I gained about 5 pounds, but I didnt' drink my water the last three days (who wants to stop when you are driving?) and it was all back of by hte end of my first week back home. It was worth it to enjoy myself and deal witha minor setback when I returned home.

pouncingpluto said:
Keep in mind that to gain a pound (not counting water weight or the extra food you may be carrying in your digestive system for a couple days), you have to consume 3500 extra calories!

Even if you consume an extra 1000 calories a day, you would only gain two pounds on a seven-night trip!
Wow thanks for that very helpful info.. I will use that on my weekends, I am strict on myself during the week when I go to the gym but give myself room to eat what I want on the weekends and wasnt having a problem with weight gain until recently but this explains why.. I need to make better choices on my weekends..lol Oh Im not gonna in WDW tho, gonna have dessert and my hamburgers and pizza! lol

I havent gone on the dining plan yet, but I usually gain 1 lb per day on vacation. Looking at the food on this plan I'm expecting more than that this time. :crazy:

With all that walking plus the sauna like humidity, I stayed the same. I have a pretty good metabolism I'm guessing from both heredity and staying in shape. My son (9) claims he got a little pudgy around the tummy from all the eating and my DH thinks he may have lost a few pounds!

Interesting thread. popcorn::
Hopefully I can find some healthier options both at counter service & table service restaurants....KIDDING...haha, I'm on vacation!
:rotfl:
Maybe I'll lose a couple pounds before the trip, and then all the bad food I eat will just balance me out. :rotfl2:

Thinking back to last year, I don't think I ate a TON more than I did in an average day at home. More food that is not so good for me, but not a bunch more. It was so hot, and our DD was only 2, so she shared my meals with me. Even with that, the two of us didn't finish off half of one meal on most occasions. If I eat too much and then walk back out into that heat, I feel like I am going to upchuck (we need a puking smilie, dontcha think? ;) ).

I think I broke even on the weight thing, or lost a pound or two.

Well I put on about 3lb. It was a 6 night stay on DDP with plenty of walking. However i think it was the change in diet. Where I had been eating quite healthy at home, I suddenly allowed myself pizza, a burger, 2 dole whip floats etc. I certainly did not eat everything offered to me on the DDP, I only ordered 2 desserts at TS the whole week, and we had 3 counter service meals left (2 adults) but I do think it was the healthiness of the food that contributed, I'm one of those people that looks at an ice cream and puts on 1lb, low metabolism I guess.
Oh yeah, I ate hot breakfasts, whereas I would normally eat 2 slices of toast in the morning, so that could have helped things along, although I paid OOP for these, so not the DDP fault ;)

disneycutie84 said:
Maybe I'll lose a couple pounds before the trip, and then all the bad food I eat will just balance me out. :rotfl2:

Actually this is the best way to do it if possible. It's always better dieting when you are looking forward to something. It's a lot harder when you have had the fun already.

I really expected to, but didn't. Walking 10+ miles a day and swimming at the resort every night must have had something to do with it! :cool1:

I gained 5 and DH gained 10. But in the two weeks after coming home, I lost 15 and he lost 20. :confused3

We walk sooo much at Disney. We also are fast walkers. I ate so much food while at Disney and didn't gain any weight. Don't worry! Have fun, your on vacation! :cool1:

Last Aug. we had free dining and I ate like a pig...but it was HOT (90+ and high humidity) and we walked A LOT. I lost 4 pounds. :confused3
I'll take it! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter