DDP and the rules

nicoleakr

DIS Veteran
I have some question about the ddp......first off when we go my daughter will be 10 so do I have to pay the adult rate for her and if so is she obligated to eat off the adult menu(she a skinny little thing who is NOT a good eater)? Also I have read about people sharing so I want to get this right(because I am a rule follower even if I don't like them)If there is five of us sitting down to dinner it is okay for two of my children to share a meal or do you have to use all your credits and order everyone a meal?

The discounted rate for the Dining Plan is limited to young child 3 - 9 years old. They had to draw the line somewhere, and unfortunately, for your situation, it means you do pay the $38.99 per day for your daughter. TS places almost always will allow her to order anything she'd like (i.e., either menu) and will typically even give her a larger portion of the child meal if that's what she orders. (The child meals are really quite small. Many 8 and 9 year olds find them to be only marginally sufficient.)

You can definitely share at regular restaurants, and thereby use fewer credits than you have diners at the table. It is expected, however, that you provide an additional gratuity in cash for the folks being served who didn't order a meal. The gratuities included in the Dining Plan are only for the meals actually ordered. (Of course, you cannot share at prix fixe meals, like buffets or pre-plated dinners.)

Thank you so much !!I am thinking that even through they will charge me for an adult rate I can always give my son(yes the 4year old who eats like a linebacker)the bigger portion. Anyway thanks for the info .I just wanted to follow the rules . It drives me crazy when people are always trying to bend them:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter