DDP and magic band

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by gokenin, Oct 8, 2013.

1. gokenin

gokenin DIS Veteran

I just have a question about using the dinning plan when you are using the magic band. Normally you give them a room key rouse your credits but does disney now have a reader at the resturants that can scan the magic band?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

Yes they do. :)

4. Donna in NJ

Donna in NJ Mouseketeer

The new handheld scanners scan both magic band and card. The server then holds out the scanner and you enter your own pin code. Without the code it wont charge you. I like the extra security of the pin code.

5. gokenin

gokenin DIS Veteran

When do you get the pin do you set it up when you check in and is it the same for everyone in the party?

6. Donna in NJ

Donna in NJ Mouseketeer

I picked our pin number when I did the online check in. If you don't do online I think you would pick it when you check in. It was just me and my husband but we both used one pin number.

7. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

When I did online checkin it asked me for the pin I wanted to use and hen asked me for the pin my DH would use. So it seems like you can choose for each person.

8. willis

willis Mouseketeer

So you need both the band and card to use the dining TS credits? Do you still get a copy of the bill to keep?

9. amomma23

amomma23 DIS Veteran

No, it reads both, but you use one or the other. You still get a receipt at the end of your meal.