DDP and child with allergies?

storybookmum

DIS Veteran
Knowing Disney, I don't expect this to be a problem, but I'm just starting to explore the DDP, which we've never done before.

My Meredith (7) would be on the child's plan, and she's allergic to milk. Can I expect that the usual Disney phenomenal service with allergies will be unaffected by the Dining Plan? Anyone have experience with this?

I'm almost (still crunching numbers) convinced that the regular Dining Plan is the way to go for our family of 2 adults, 1 10-year-old, and 1 7-year-old for a week's stay (on the buy 4 days, get 3 free - and yes, I understand I'd still be buying a 7-day Dining plan).

I probably should have done the plan last time we went, in 2004; we were always choosing carefully from the menus to try to budget better...I think I'll like it this way.

How you "pay" for a meal has no bearing on the items that are available to order.* Whether or not you pay cash or are on the DDP, the options would be the same.

* I know what is included in the Dining Plan, but you can order anything you want - you just have to pay OOP for those items not covered!

I guess I'm just wondering if they'll accommodate us where, say, the only dessert on the kids' menu is ice cream - will they give her something else and let it count as her regular dessert? As an example...

We are going next month and I am the one with the food allergies. (fish, shellfish, tree nuts all = anaphylaxis :sad2: )

I made our ADR's but also had them make a note on every reservation regarding my allergies. The CM gave me the direct restaurant phone number for each ADR and asked me to call and speak to the chef 1-2 weeks before arrival. She stressed that the chefs take it very seriously and we will be treated well.

I suspect given disney's reputation for handling food allergies that you can pre-order the desserts. They can bring in or make something special for your princess :wizard:

Do you have the notation on all of your ADR's? Do that first and get the phone numbers for each restaurant. Good luck! I would love to hear the outcome since I deal with food allergies as well.

Ok, that sounds good - I haven't booked yet, so I don't have ANYTHING set up....I expect to book this week. This has all been happening rather suddenly for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter