DDE question for those who have used it.

alien

Mouseketeer
Do you need to present your DDE card when ordering or just when paying the bill?
Thanks!

we tell them before we order that we have DDE, then when paying the bill we present the letter/card and our ID.

Very simple and every server we had pretty much knew what we were talking about and how to handle the card.

It depends on how much of a hurry you are in and the restaurant. The first time we used it, we weren't sure, so we showed the waitress a bit early, and she said "Oh thank you for showing me now! I have to find a manager to do the ticket." So the timing was perfect for us and her. The next time we used it, we asked if she needed to know and she said, just to give it to her when we paid. :confused3 I felt like we should at least let them know before they made the bill in case it was easier to make it once instead of adjusting the original.

with the myw dining program (our 1st wk) and the free myw dining (our 2nd wk) also going on at the same time we're at WDW in Aug
Im planning on showing the waiters our DDE card when we first order. That way there's no misunderstanding on what program we're on.
Also if I pull it out at the beginning I wont forget to use it!

We tell them that we have it and than just present it at the end.

We've been using it all week and just give the card when we get the bill. No problems at all. It has already paid for itself and saved us $30 additional savings and we still have this evening and all day tomorrow!

I just put it in with my room card when the bill comes...we've never told them before hand.

I told the servers beforehand because of their needing to get a manager to deal with the bill in some way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter