DDE card expiration?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Ours expires the end of March and of course we're going the first week of April. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Do they send you something in the mail to renew it? Do you get a discount for renewing it?

Thanks!

It states on my paperwork that renewal notices are mailed out 45-60 days prior to expiration date. I don't know if any discount is offered on renewals.

The DDE card is the Disney Dining Experience. It gives a 20% discount at most sit down restaurants and a few counter service places. Annual Passholders and Florida Residents get to buy the card. It is $50 for passholders and $75 for Florida Residents.

They may not send out renewal information. We got a letter one year and didn't the next. So you need to watch the expiration date and renew early enough.

And judging from posts people put up right after the first of the year...

There is a renewal discount for FL residents, but if they also had an AP it was less expensive to pay the $50 AP rate than the FL renewal. Whether or not there will be a discounted renewal for AP holders remains to be seen...but I would guess that $50 will be as cheap as they go, assuming that AP holders remain eligible for the card next year and that it wasn't a "one-time" thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter