DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey guys!! Figured I'd throw this up here as well as the intro thread

Family Situation: Married for 5 years to my beautiful, Disney-Addicted wife, DD-4 AKA "Da Bear" DS-10 months AKA "Bubba"
Pets: 1 Shih Tzu AKA "Tinkerbell" or "Stinkerbell" depending on her attitude that day
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken Alfredo, really anything that's bad for you.....I have a problem
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper or SWEET tea (if it's not sweet it's not tea)......although I'm trying to drink more water
Hobbies: Classic cars, football, hunting......and a plethora of others that interest me every few weeks

Welcome aboard; our leader should be along soon to give you your number. Unless he did and I missed it; entirely possible.

Thanks everyone! I must say when we first booked our trip earlier this year I was kind of :rolleyes: but the closer we have gotten and the more research I have done........the more excited I have become. And now we are 16 days out!!!!!! :dogdance: this will be our first trip

Congrats on the first trip; you couldnt have found a better group of guys to hang out with. Unless you needed actual information then any group would have been better. But we are much funner than them.

Do you guys have any ideas for someone wanting to surprise their wife while on the trip? Anything you have done in the past just to add that touch of magic for her
What resort are you staying at?
I have never done the carriage ride at POR but taking the pontoon down to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) was nice. Especially if you put the kiddoes in the kids club or get one of the in-room sitters they have.
You can also call ahead and have a gift basket/cake/flowers set up in the room when you arrive. Not sure what you budget is. If you need cheap we can help with cheap.

May you be in diving condition rather than “driving” condition today.
Hit the waves; bring us back some more of those great pictures.

I was at the dock at 8:00 am this morning. Two decent dives, the first was better than the other. Didn't even bring the camera but the Brit did. If he has anything worthwhile, I'll post it. Feeling much better but between fighting off death and the two dives, I am pretty wiped. Either that or I am just old.

Wait, “wisdom”?
Imparted?
Here?

Bawwwaaahaaaa…

Are you sure that you’re actually feeling better?
That “sickness” may have gone to your head.

I blame on the hallucinations due to high fever.

Thanks everyone! I must say when we first booked our trip earlier this year I was kind of :rolleyes: but the closer we have gotten and the more research I have done........the more excited I have become. And now we are 16 days out!!!!!! :dogdance: this will be our first trip

Hope you have a blast and let us know how it went. We do answer questions once in a while if you have any more. But be forewarned, while our answers are many times good ones, we usually make a few right turns along the way.

Family Situation: Married for 5 years to my beautiful, Disney-Addicted wife, DD-4 AKA "Da Bear" DS-10 months AKA "Bubba"
Pets: 1 Shih Tzu AKA "Tinkerbell" or "Stinkerbell" depending on her attitude that day
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken Alfredo, really anything that's bad for you.....I have a problem
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper or SWEET tea (if it's not sweet it's not tea)......although I'm trying to drink more water
Hobbies: Classic cars, football, hunting......and a plethora of others that interest me every few weeks

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Shanon! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #804!

drippinwelcum.gif

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM.​

Four in a row.! Old timer week continues. 163 days till kids march down main st with band. Hope all doing good on this beautiful thursday.

Yeah, Carl. Too bad about them Steelers, but I enjoyed the Facebook meme about Scobee. :lmao:

:eek: Lots of miles and then playing some tennis. My brain is asking "How DOES he do it??" Sheesh

!

It's not pretty in the old, fat, and injured division.

‘Morning all…
Hope it was one of y’all that bought that winning Powerball ticket.

You are just a tennis playing machine.
Oh and we all missed where you went and got yourself officially older yesterday.
Our bad…

Happy Belated Birthday sir.

:bday:

:laughing:.

I need to check that ticket. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Good catch! Happy belated birthday, Norm!! These guys haven't danced in a while! lol
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Thank you sir.

I feel like a grumpy old man on the FB group. I don't know who half those guys are, conversations disappear left and right...
e!

::yes::

I guess Sonny has stamped that form just one too many times.

As soon as I get the next round of dues you distribute I will mail them back to you in the same box....

Did you say dues payment .....

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 804 servings to me, and I mail to all the guys. This always works.

Happy Birthday Norm - sorry a day late mi amigo, you deserve better

Thank you sir.

I was at the dock at 8:00 am this morning. Two decent dives, the first was better than the other. Didn't even bring the camera but the Brit did. If he has anything worthwhile, I'll post it. Feeling much better but between fighting off death and the two dives, I am pretty wiped. Either that or I am just old...

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and call it the illness and the dives.

Glad this week has ended as we are now 9 days out. Next week will be an extra slow week. We went out to the Moonlite BBQ with FIL for birthday dinner. Friday night is catfish fillets in addition to the massive mounds of BBQ. I filled up.

Norm, Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed it, but I can chalk it up to age. Pretty exciting that you and WDW share a birthday.

Welcome aboard! If Norm says something about dues, just ignore him. He's getting old and forgetful. Send me enough beer, bacon and Dole whips for about 800 and I will distribute them.

Thank you sir.

Storms be brewing. Hold onto your hats. Have a meeting today to find out what the future of my work load will be. Between being out so long and then the freezing of payments from the state due to no passed budget. I have no idea what the future brings. told the kids they better kick it up with their fund raising at school if they want to go on that band trip to Disney.

be safe east coasters.Even though it looks like we are dodging a bullet

Looks like you are getting hit on both sides. Prayers for a quick resolution on the budget.

Man.... life keeps serving you lemons recently. Hoping you get some sweet lemonade very soon.

!

I'd like to add vodka to that lemonade.

Do you guys have any ideas for someone wanting to surprise their wife while on the trip? Anything you have done in the past just to add that touch of magic for her

You can order the flowers or a special cake or dessert or souvenir or special dinner. So sometimes, just standing on the beach over at the Poly watching Wishes makes it extra special. Can you narrow down any interests or price points?

I was at the dock at 8:00 am this morning. Two decent dives, the first was better than the other. Didn't even bring the camera but the Brit did. If he has anything worthwhile, I'll post it. Feeling much better but between fighting off death and the two dives, I am pretty wiped. Either that or I am just old.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Any pictures from him this time to post?

Welcome back old timers! Yeah, like they're old...

Yes, it has been fun with everyone being back.

Top O the Morning Dads. Head out on a business trip today for convention in NO - exhibit setup starts Sunday a.m. Who the *%#£€&$ messes with football weekends like this? Anyway, have a good weekend and to Rob in SC and everyone else that could be affected with this flooding, prayers for safety.
Storms be brewing. Hold onto your hats. Have a meeting today to find out what the future of my work load will be. Between being out so long and then the freezing of payments from the state due to no passed budget. I have no idea what the future brings. told the kids they better kick it up with their fund raising at school if they want to go on that band trip to Disney.

be safe east coasters.Even though it looks like we are dodging a bullet
Prayers that things worked out in your favor, hope things work out for the positive for you.

Enjoy the first trip as we still look back at ours. Keep in mind that every trip from here on out will be different as the kids get older you get to do different things. Surprise for wife could be from booking her some spa time while you take care of the little ones depending where you are staying, to as Norm referenced, just watching the fireworks A(Whishes) at MK from Poly Resort.
Glad this week has ended as we are now 9 days out. Next week will be an extra slow week. We went out to the Moonlite BBQ with FIL for birthday dinner. Friday night is catfish fillets in addition to the massive mounds of BBQ. I filled up.
Enjoy your visit Norm, envious. We had such a good triple play run with Cristmas '14 WDW, March DL and July DCL that our body clocks are like hey what the heck, shouldn't we be going to Disney something in the next week or so?

A busy weekend. Youngest dd soccer game Saturday in cold weather, and she manages to score winning goal 2-1. Oldest dd had an overnight team builder camp with her swim team. She is now at church youth group after Sun evening Mass. I played tennis, cut the grass, and got caught up on the Walking Dead Season 5 on Netflix.

Enjoy your visit Norm, envious. We had such a good triple play run with Cristmas '14 WDW, March DL and July DCL that our body clocks are like hey what the heck, shouldn't we be going to Disney something in the next week or so?

I think this is trip 19 for us and #20 in Spring Break. We have had a good run as well. I think the plan is to take a year this time between trips after Spring Break.

Seems like a decent choice in a quiet Saturday night.
]

This is Sparta!

A busy weekend. Youngest dd soccer game Saturday in cold weather, and she manages to score winning goal 2-1. Oldest dd had an overnight team builder camp with her swim team. She is now at church youth group after Sun evening Mass. I played tennis, cut the grass, and got caught up on the Walking Dead Season 5 on Netflix.
It has been a while since I pulled these characters out so

to the girls!

Age ain't nothin but a number. Or something like that...

And the more of the numbers you have the harder it is too remember anything.

Congrats to the girls and your Walking Dead viewing.

This is Sparta!

You should take this attitude when playing tennis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter