• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Norm, Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry I missed it, but I can chalk it up to age. Pretty exciting that you and WDW share a birthday.

Hey guys!! Figured I'd throw this up here as well as the intro thread

Family Situation: Married for 5 years to my beautiful, Disney-Addicted wife, DD-4 AKA "Da Bear" DS-10 months AKA "Bubba"
Pets: 1 Shih Tzu AKA "Tinkerbell" or "Stinkerbell" depending on her attitude that day
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken Alfredo, really anything that's bad for you.....I have a problem
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper or SWEET tea (if it's not sweet it's not tea)......although I'm trying to drink more water
Hobbies: Classic cars, football, hunting......and a plethora of others that interest me every few weeks

Welcome aboard! If Norm says something about dues, just ignore him. He's getting old and forgetful. Send me enough beer, bacon and Dole whips for about 800 and I will distribute them.

Storms be brewing. Hold onto your hats. Have a meeting today to find out what the future of my work load will be. Between being out so long and then the freezing of payments from the state due to no passed budget. I have no idea what the future brings. told the kids they better kick it up with their fund raising at school if they want to go on that band trip to Disney.

be safe east coasters.Even though it looks like we are dodging a bullet

Life of CJ update. The Brit and I drove down to the Keys Tuesday and it did not do much other than storm. Lots of flooding along the beaches. Was better yesterday and today is beautiful. I think the hurricane cleared all the carp out. Hopefully it will not make landfall. The gang is going out on the boat to look at fishes. I declined because Tues. night and most of yesterday I spent riding the porcelain bus. Sicker than a dog. Was able to eat a little this morning so hopefully the worst is over. Going to try to dive tomorrow.

See some old timers popped in and hopefully I can gaze back and see what wisdom they imparted.

Hope you are better today and get on for a dive.

Family Situation: Married for 5 years to my beautiful, Disney-Addicted wife, DD-4 AKA "Da Bear" DS-10 months AKA "Bubba"
Pets: 1 Shih Tzu AKA "Tinkerbell" or "Stinkerbell" depending on her attitude that day
Favorite Food: Pizza, Hamburgers, Chicken Alfredo, really anything that's bad for you.....I have a problem
Favorite Drink: Dr. Pepper or SWEET tea (if it's not sweet it's not tea)......although I'm trying to drink more water
Hobbies: Classic cars, football, hunting......and a plethora of others that interest me every few weeks

Welcome to the madhouse Shanon.

Storms be brewing. Hold onto your hats. Have a meeting today to find out what the future of my work load will be. Between being out so long and then the freezing of payments from the state due to no passed budget. I have no idea what the future brings. told the kids they better kick it up with their fund raising at school if they want to go on that band trip to Disney.

Hope it works out Carl.

Lots of rain and flooding here a couple of days ago, hopefully the hurricane will head out to the middle of the Atlantic and not bother anyone.

Man.... life keeps serving you lemons recently. Hoping you get some sweet lemonade very soon.

As for Joaquin... I think he's scared to make landfall in the US. Hoping the recent forecasts are correct!

Maybe Disney is attempting to help out the failing effort of the school lunches...

"Forget “Mr. Smith”—this time, Doc goes to Washington! Yes, everyone’s favorite toy doctor brings a few of her patients to Washington, D.C., to meet guest star First Lady Michelle Obama in a very special episode of Disney Junior’s acclaimed animated series Doc McStuffins! Premiering on Child Health Day—Monday, October 5 (9 a.m. ET/PT)—on Disney Channel, the show follows Doc as the First Lady invites her and other kids who are making a difference in their community to the White House to be honored in a special ceremony. While there, Mrs. Obama even appoints Doc the official “toy doctor” for the White House! Totally cool, right? The episode also incorporates key messages from the First Lady’s “Let’s Move!” initiative, which helps kids and families lead healthier lives through eating smart and staying active."

‘Morning all…
Friday! May yours be a good one, and just maybe seem to pass by more quickly than usual (unless you’re at Disney of course, then it should drag on and on and on).

Ninth straight day of rain down here.
We’ll likely see twelve straight before the sun comes back.
This is not helping my battles with mood one bit.

Life of CJ update. The Brit and I drove down to the Keys Tuesday and it did not do much other than storm. Lots of flooding along the beaches. Was better yesterday and today is beautiful. I think the hurricane cleared all the carp out. Hopefully it will not make landfall. The gang is going out on the boat to look at fishes. I declined because Tues. night and most of yesterday I spent riding the porcelain bus. Sicker than a dog. Was able to eat a little this morning so hopefully the worst is over. Going to try to dive tomorrow.
May you be in diving condition rather than “driving” condition today.
Hit the waves; bring us back some more of those great pictures.

See some old timers popped in and hopefully I can gaze back and see what wisdom they imparted.
Wait, “wisdom”?
Imparted?
Here?

Bawwwaaahaaaa…

Are you sure that you’re actually feeling better?
That “sickness” may have gone to your head.

:welcome:

We’re glad to have you along for the ride!
Jump on in and cause as much mayhem as you care to.

Speaking of Birthdays, today back in 1971 MK opened - happy 44th WDW!

Missed that one too…
And it’s one that’s just a mite important ‘round here.

Send me enough beer, bacon and Dole whips for about 800 and I will distribute them.
A bit of competition for the position of dues collector?
Does Stitch regularly raid your mailbox as well?

Storms be brewing. Hold onto your hats. Have a meeting today to find out what the future of my work load will be. Between being out so long and then the freezing of payments from the state due to no passed budget.
Wow, Another day of posting from Carl!

May the news today be better than expected.
The gov-budget bit will probably be a headache for a while…
But that’s fairly normal for anything political.

Lots of rain and flooding here a couple of days ago, hopefully the hurricane will head out to the middle of the Atlantic and not bother anyone.

Yep. Like I said, we’d have a much clearer picture by today.
We’re all goin’a get dowsed pretty good along the coast here, but the bloody thing shouldn’t be coming ashore so we can go back to just keeping a wary eye on it.

When it rains it pours, and I'm not talking about the weather situation outside. I hope that you get out from being under the dark cloud that seems to be over your life soon Carl. Government budget issues seem to be hitting a lot of people. We had layoffs this week partly due to uncertainties in government spending.

As for Joaquin... I think he's scared to make landfall in the US. Hoping the recent forecasts are correct!

DO NOT TAUNT THE STORM, Don!

Wait, “wisdom”?
Imparted?
Here?

Bawwwaaahaaaa…

Heh heh...

Thanks everyone! I must say when we first booked our trip earlier this year I was kind of :rolleyes: but the closer we have gotten and the more research I have done........the more excited I have become. And now we are 16 days out!!!!!! :dogdance: this will be our first trip

Do you guys have any ideas for someone wanting to surprise their wife while on the trip? Anything you have done in the past just to add that touch of magic for her

Thanks everyone! I must say when we first booked our trip earlier this year I was kind of :rolleyes: but the closer we have gotten and the more research I have done........the more excited I have become. And now we are 16 days out!!!!!! :dogdance: this will be our first trip

Congrats on your first trip to Disney World! Nothing like planning the first trip... so much information and things to do it can really test one's mind and patience. 16 days out... wow... sleepless nights ahead! lol

Do you guys have any ideas for someone wanting to surprise their wife while on the trip? Anything you have done in the past just to add that touch of magic for her

The only thing I was able to surprise my wife with one year was getting the exactly location at the resort where she wanted to stay. Sending a fax request 5 days ahead of time seemed to help.

Anything in particular you thinking about? Flowers in the room? Special dining night?

It has been a good while since one skirted up the coast. another day will tell a different story. Two days and we really should know what's happening. My gut is telling me that the thing is going to scrap along shore, but unless it takes a good turn that'll bring it on land in New England.

Either way, I fired up my generator last night and filled up all my gas cans/cars. I do not want to repeat how woefully unprepared I was for the Sandy power outages. Me the night before Sandy "I don't understand why everyone is rushing to the gas station...that's a waste of time". Me 5 days later after 1.5 hours on line for gas having to turn off my car between moving in line due to having almost nothing: "oh, now I get it"...doh!

Thinking about a carriage ride at POR. Anybody tried it?

I can give you guys a wagon ride. It would only cost you the amount for me to fly down, get a wagon, a room in a resort (value) and the flight back. I'll even through in a nice cold bottle of sangria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter