DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
One more day, one more day...
We even have a couple of plans for the weekend. could be entertaining.

Thanks and hopefully I ain't boring anyone - kinda of a nice way to remember the trip.

Boring? Hardly...
You keep on posting.

Morning Guys.

Off to get DS's cast off and the K-wire removed today. Hopefully all will be good and he can start playing again as soon as tomorrow. He's been going a little batty and is getting a bit cranky.

Good news (well not the cranky bit of it). May the return to the battle fields (and courts) be triumphant.
And may he not need to spend more time amongst the doctors for a long while.

I gave up on being able to keep track of everything. I mostly hang out here because it's a slower pace, I have other friends doing TR's who are not DIS Dads, and most of the guys here have been here for years and I've gotten to know them.

So you're sayin' that we're old?
Ya' know, sonny...
I'm just too tired to argue with that one.

And get off my lawn!

Oh and... Happy National Wack Scotty with a Pillow Day!

Morning guys. There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, although I might be on Toad and it is an oncoming train. We all know how that ends.

Happy Friday!

Hay, I know exactly how that one ends!

You sashay on down the exit queue, make a quick right-hand turn and head straight over to the Matterhorn.
And if you planed it well, you'll have FPs scheduled over at either Big Thunder or Space Mountain right after that.

Top O the Morning Dads! What's going on around here, or rather what's not going on around here? Do I need to get a Facebook page to keep up with everyone now?

Well I have touched on 18+ pool and lounge areas and character meets on DCL and will touch briefly on the food part of the cruise. You have a set dinner time each night, 5:45 or 8:15. We had 8:15 as we found that the 5:45 cuts too much into the day with having to shower and such to get ready for dinner. Most may know that you rotate through the 3 different restaurants for dinner throughout the cruise and you serving staff rotate with you so you get know them and they get to know you, your likes, food & drink preferences, etc. Another tip is that if someone is not sure which menu item or appetizer they want to order, order both and share with the table - they have no problem accommodating you and actually go out of their way to do so. There is also a buffet and quick service type of places and multiple drinking establishments as well as room service around the clock (no extra charge other than tip). We used room service just about every night to order either Mickey Bars or warmed chocolate chip cookies and milk along with a carafe of coffee. DW gets up before most and rather than having to get dressed to go get a cup of coffee, the coffee stays hot in the carafe over night and she can have her cup of joe right a way. Overall food is good, not great, but a wide variety and Disney items like Mickey waffles. Here are links that cover the details for those that may be interested in the eating and drinking establishments on the Fantasy:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/nightclubs-lounges/

Family at dinner - Royal Court

Me and my better half

Kids - Animators Pallet

Good looking family you got there. Would love to cruise again, such a blast. Keep posting.

Morning Guys.

Off to get DS's cast off and the K-wire removed today. Hopefully all will be good and he can start playing again as soon as tomorrow. He's been going a little batty and is getting a bit cranky.

I agree with the comments about Facebook, many more people over there but I still think things are easier to follow over here. Over at the Pub there are some of us but most discussion does seem to happen in the chat room.

Good luck to him. Imagine he is like a caged animal ready to get out there.

I gave up on being able to keep track of everything. I mostly hang out here because it's a slower pace, I have other friends doing TR's who are not DIS Dads, and most of the guys here have been here for years and I've gotten to know them.

I am pretty much the same way. We actually met a few people (including a couple in CA.) through Trip Reports. Give me the weekend and I will get caught up on your TR. Making an imaginary bet on the over/under of PB&J sandwiches and Hamburgers consumed already.

You sashay on down the exit queue, make a quick right-hand turn and head straight over to the Matterhorn. And if you planed it well, you'll have FPs scheduled over at either Big Thunder or Space Mountain right after that.

Well played sir.

Top O the Morning Dads! What's going on around here, or rather what's not going on around here? Do I need to get a Facebook page to keep up with everyone now?....

Not for me. I try to keep my FB time to a minimum and only have it because of a relative who won't communicate any other way and a colon cancer group. I miss seeing what is going on in some of the Dad's lives but one place is enough for me to keep up with. The more time I spend online the less peace I have in life.

There was an old song by Duck's Breath Mystery Theater that went

There's a whole lotta places I ain't been before
and a lotta places wouldn't let me in before,
but I don't care cause I'm sick and gettin old
and I'm gonna sit right here and dig a hole

and on the other guys

on the other guys

I just like it here.

http://www.madmusic.com/samples/d/u/Duck's_Breath_Mystery_Theater_-_Whole_Lotta_Places.mp3

Found the link!

They also had a great song called Caffeine Zombie http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=2361 that was great.

Happy Thursday. Swim season is over until August. Soccer starts back next Wed. I get to enjoy a few vacation days.

Enjoy the reprive.

Morning Guys.

I agree with the comments about Facebook, many more people over there but I still think things are easier to follow over here. Over at the Pub there are some of us but most discussion does seem to happen in the chat room.

Best wishes to Declan

Morning guys. There seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, although I might be on Toad and it is an oncoming train. We all know how that ends.

Happy Friday!

Glad to hear things are improving. When in doubt, go toward the light.

Afternoon gents! Glad to see some more familiar folks around here the last 24 hours or so. Everyone have a great weekend and be safe out there......
Morning Guys.

Sorry about the understood cranky kid status and here's to getting the cast off solving that for him. Hopefully he gets to burn off some of that cranky tomorrow - good luck!

Happy Friday!
I know the general statement is to follow the light, but I have always followed the "don't look into the light" line of thinking :confused3

Enjoy your Friday and weekend sir. When does the kid head back for school or has she already left?
Good looking family you got there. Would love to cruise again, such a blast.
Thanks, we feel blessed that the kids are becoming pretty good young adults.

Today's info sharing from our cruise I'm gonna cover a couple of things to plus up the sailing experience that not many think are on a Disney Cruise. On the Fantasy there are 2 more up scale I guess restaurants, Palo & Remy, that you can do for an up charge. Remy is too much up scale in terms of price and what I call "foo-foo" food so we have done Palo in the past but without the kids as both are 18+ only. Well DS turned 18 the day before we sailed so we were able to dine at Palo with the family of 4. This was a special night for us as the dress code requires a coat for guys so the girls both dressed up fancy and it was a "wow our kids are more adults than kids" moment combined with this trip likely being the last one with just the four of us. Back to the Palo food, unbelievable, over the top delicious and the up charge is $30.00 per person and totally worth it.

Another thing we did was attend a tasting - drink tastings that is. We had done a martini tasting before and enjoyed it and the tastings are the most economical cost for adult beverages on the ship at $15 - $25 per person. On our recent trip we did the liquor and chocolate tasting (I wanted to do the scotch but DW would have just watched me drink). This tasting was how sweet chocolate, dark / bitter chocolate & cheese worked with different drinks, including champagne, a red wine (exclusive bottle from John Lasseter's vineyard) a nice port and a good scotch (forgot the name). DW really enjoyed it and I was pleasantly surprised. We are gonna duplicate, or try to anyway, some the port & cheese pairings tonight to unwind after a long back from vacation week.

DS at Palo celebrating the big 18.

Set-Up for our liquor and chocolate tasting

Back from the hospital. The good news is the finger is heeling the way the surgeon hoped. The bad news is the wire wasn't removed and he is back in a cast for another 2 weeks. And to top it off, no sports until the end of September at the earliest. Today started out with much hope but that quickly turned into anger and frustration for all of us. It is such a terrible feeling to see the disappointment in your son's face and know there is nothing you can do to make it better.

Back from the hospital. The good news is the finger is heeling the way the surgeon hoped. The bad news is the wire wasn't removed and he is back in a cast for another 2 weeks. And to top it off, no sports until the end of September at the earliest. Today started out with much hope but that quickly turned into anger and frustration for all of us. It is such a terrible feeling to see the disappointment in your son's face and know there is nothing you can do to make it better.
Facebook-Dislike.png

Sorry for the less-than-good news. Feed him lots of ice cream and maybe the bone will heal faster.

Sorry for the less-than-good news. Feed him lots of ice cream and maybe the bone will heal faster.

Thanks Guys. Just wish we could go back a month and have him not play keeper that game. He and I were both sure from his last checkup that today would be the day. I wouldn't let the doctor off the hook today until he gave us a better answer. We knew the finger was pretty bad but it seems like the dislocation is much more of a worry than the actual break.

Very sorry to hear about the setback. Please pass on a "hang in there" to Declan for me for what it's worth.

Happy late Friday. After a 3 hour Friday morning meeting, I just relaxed this afternoon with some podcasts and forgot to check in. I managed to cut the grass after work, finished the remaining peach wine from The Dis Dad Club Picnic, and watched Twins off Netflix with the family.

Yes, I can't track all the conversations anymore. I still post on the Boardwalk Resort thread as it is my home dvc resort.

Today's info sharing from our cruise I'm gonna cover a couple of things to plus up the sailing experience that not many think are on a Disney Cruise. On the Fantasy there are 2 more up scale I guess restaurants, Palo & Remy, that you can do for an up charge. Remy is too much up scale in terms of price and what I call "foo-foo" food so we have done Palo in the past but without the kids as both are 18+ only. Well DS turned 18 the day before we sailed so we were able to dine at Palo with the family of 4. This was a special night for us as the dress code requires a coat for guys so the girls both dressed up fancy and it was a "wow our kids are more adults than kids" moment combined with this trip likely being the last one with just the four of us. Back to the Palo food, unbelievable, over the top delicious and the up charge is $30.00 per person and totally worth it.

That was another reason I keep stalling for a cruise - wearing pants to dinner. I would prefer never to wear pants, but will manage with shorts. When I'm on vacation, I really don't want to wear pants. It's also the reason I cold never bring myself to book V&A's at WDW. When I finally got the TiW card and then convinced DW, I had to wear a coat and pants.

Sorry to hear that for him. Hang in there.

Sucks. Hope the next time the news is a little better.

Morning Guys,

Up early on this lovely Saturday morning so DS and I can drive to a soccer game that is 3.5 hours away. The coach is away today so he asked if I would handle the team for this game. We were hoping that it would include DS as a player but it was not to be. Still proud of my boy supporting his team' he's even making the long drive to Ottawa with them later this week as they compete in a tournament up there. I think still being with the team is great for him, helps him feel like he is still part of it, playing his part to support them and cheer them on.

Have a good one guys.

Enjoy your Friday and weekend sir. When does the kid head back for school or has she already left?

She is here until the end of August. She goes with her Aunt to New Orleans next week (on her Aunt's dime) and then the "boyfriend" comes down for a visit. I see from the Palo pics, yours are doing well.

That sucks. Have to give him a props for his support for the team.

Top O the morning Dads! Trying to keep the weekend low key as I hit the road on a business trip this week starting with a 6:15 a.m. Monday morning flight. May just lay at the neighborhood pool with DW today and go out tonight somewhere for a light dinner. Tomorrow gonna do a brisket on the grill for our regular Sunday dinner with the Inlaws. Enjoy the kid activities and family time this weekend.
Morning Guys,

Up early on this lovely Saturday morning so DS and I can drive to a soccer game that is 3.5 hours away. The coach is away today so he asked if I would handle the team for this game. We were hoping that it would include DS as a player but it was not to be. Still proud of my boy supporting his team' he's even making the long drive to Ottawa with them later this week as they compete in a tournament up there. I think still being with the team is great for him, helps him feel like he is still part of it, playing his part to support them and cheer them on.

Have a good one guys.
Got a fine young man there :thumbsup2
She is here until the end of August. She goes with her Aunt to New Orleans next week (on her Aunt's dime) and then the "boyfriend" comes down for a visit. I see from the Palo pics, yours are doing well.
Ah, the boyfriend huh. Glad to see I am not alone though my situation is a bit worse having to refer to the knot head as "future SIL"

Ah, the boyfriend huh. Glad to see I am not alone though my situation is a bit worse having to refer to the knot head as "future SIL"

This one I am worried about a little bit. I knew she would eventually dump the last one because he wasn't going anywhere in life. I am not so sure about the new one. But like you know, there isn't anything we can do about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter