DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey fellas,

I'm finally back from vacation. It got extended unexpectedly due to the passing of my father-in-law. We're doing fine. My wife is doing pretty well, all things considered. I won't go into it here, but she was much closer to her mother over the years. Anyway, she was an only child and her mother passed 3 years ago, so we are now in the process of trying to deal with the estate, which will take months. So I won't say it's great to be back from vacation, but it'll be nice to catch up with everybody here again.

Sorry to hear of his passing Mark. Prayers for the family and I hope that settling the estate goes as quickly and easily as possible.

'Morning all...
a good long weekend was had.
Congrats to the US Women on the World Cup success.
And I hope all are doing fairly well for themselves.

We saw Jurassic World this weekend.
I wasn't expecting much story-wise beyond a number of CGI Dinos eating a larger number of film extras.
It meet that expectation.

Hey fellas,

I'm finally back from vacation. It got extended unexpectedly due to the passing of my father-in-law. We're doing fine. My wife is doing pretty well, all things considered. I won't go into it here, but she was much closer to her mother over the years. Anyway, she was an only child and her mother passed 3 years ago, so we are now in the process of trying to deal with the estate, which will take months. So I won't say it's great to be back from vacation, but it'll be nice to catch up with everybody here again.

Sorry for your loss.
Prayers for all and may the estate settlement process proceed with as little frustration as possible.
Good that y'all are reasonable well.

Wow... you guys are still here? Who knew!

It's about the only safe harbor on this board.

CJ, I'm glad your daughter is home safe. I'm sure the stories are great.

Sorry about FIL and all the best with the estate proceedings - prayers for DW and your family.

Condolences to your family. Hope it all gets worked out without to much problem.

Sorry to hear of his passing Mark. Prayers for the family and I hope that settling the estate goes as quickly and easily as possible.

Sorry to hear that Mark. My condolences.

Sorry for your loss.
Prayers for all and may the estate settlement process proceed with as little frustration as possible.
Good that y'all are reasonable well.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

We never went anywhere. It was others who made themselves scarce. :rolleyes1

Glad she made it home okay.

Now.... how many days until the luggage shows up???

No luggage issues on the way back thankfully.

Hey fellas,

Sorry to hear Mark, give her a hug from all of us.

CJ, I'm glad your daughter is home safe. I'm sure the stories are great.

We never went anywhere. It was others who made themselves scarce. :rolleyes1

Preach it brother Mark. I am not going anywhere although I post more than I used to on the Facebook page.

Update on the Pirate Princess... Arrived the 3rd, got off the plane a little after midnight and kept me up until after three. Went out partying with friends on the 4th and had a sleepover. Yesterday, she made it through Inside Out but started to crash at lunch. Had a nap, woke up for the game but went to bed after the celebration. Right now she is on the couch working on about 15 hours of on and off sleep. Wish I could do that.

Still going?
Energizer+Bunny+with+Wile+E+Coyote.jpg

Morning folks.
Watched TV 'til 1am last night... er, this morning.
Then got a call at 5:30 to come in to work.

I could use some of that Energizer bunny's stamina!

Morning Guys,

Another hot day out here in the east. Another soccer road trip tonight so we can watch DS sit on the bench with the other injured players. And our visitors leave today to return home to Alberta.

Oh and I guess I should try to get some work done at the office.

Have a good one.

I was able to get the 6 nights at BWV Standard View for Spring Break. I had 5 nights Boardwalk view which I've never done before, but I'd rather have the extra night and a worse view.

Hey fellas,

Prayers for your DW & family.

- not complaining 'cause there is light at the end of this tunnel.

As long as it isn't a train. Have a great vacation.

We never left.

We saw Jurassic World this weekend.
I wasn't expecting much story-wise beyond a number of CGI Dinos eating a larger number of film extras.
It meet that expectation.

Jurrasic World has dinosaurs in it? Thanks for the spoiler alert.

Update on the Pirate Princess... Arrived the 3rd, got off the plane a little after midnight and kept me up until after three. Went out partying with friends on the 4th and had a sleepover. Yesterday, she made it through Inside Out but started to crash at lunch. Had a nap, woke up for the game but went to bed after the celebration. Right now she is on the couch working on about 15 hours of on and off sleep. Wish I could do that.

Glad she made it back safely. Looking forward to pictures.

Mine has.
Its worth checking out at home.
It is simulations of ride queues of Disney rides. You get to run the lines like a cast member. I wasn't sure about it when I heard of it but there is something about trying to cram as many people thru Tower of Terror as you can and trying to beat the high score.

Top O the Morning Dads! In early to wrap up month end / quarter end work before heading to airport for couple of nights out of town on business this afternoon - last day in the office until the 20th :jumping3: Though there are many great things about a cruise, one of them is the "unplugging" so no work phone calls, e-mails, etc :woohoo:
I was able to get the 6 nights at BWV Standard View for Spring Break. I had 5 nights Boardwalk view which I've never done before, but I'd rather have the extra night and a worse view.
Good deal & completely agree, an extra night is always better than the hour or two of time max checking out the view during a week.
Morning Guys,

Another hot day out here in the east. Another soccer road trip tonight so we can watch DS sit on the bench with the other injured players. And our visitors leave today to return home to Alberta.

Have a good one.
Try to enjoy and it's nice to hear the injured still go to support the team. We did lots of that with DD's multiple knee surgeries but some parents did not have player attend matches or tournaments when injured which did not sit well with the team.

Top O the Morning Dads! In early to wrap up month end / quarter end work before heading to airport for couple of nights out of town on business this afternoon - last day in the office until the 20th :jumping3: Though there are many great things about a cruise, one of them is the "unplugging" so no work phone calls, e-mails, etc :woohoo:

Good deal & completely agree, an extra night is always better than the hour or two of time max checking out the view during a week.

Try to enjoy and it's nice to hear the injured still go to support the team. We did lots of that with DD's multiple knee surgeries but some parents did not have player attend matches or tournaments when injured which did not sit well with the team.

He and the other injured players are still part of the team and want to be there. They attend most of the practices and help out at the games with the warmups and some simple stats.

Have fun on the cruise.

Morning folks.
Watched TV 'til 1am last night... er, this morning.
Then got a call at 5:30 to come in to work.

I could use some of that Energizer bunny's stamina!

That sucks. Caffeine up!

Morning Guys,

Have a good one.

Good that he is still helping out with the team. It is tough to sit when you are injured.

I was able to get the 6 nights at BWV Standard View for Spring Break. I had 5 nights Boardwalk view which I've never done before, but I'd rather have the extra night and a worse view...

Glad she made it back safely. Looking forward to pictures.

Boardwalk View is nice, extra day is better.

She is still recovering from jet lag and should be back to normal. One of her new friends at the base camp messaged her and said two people came down with Denge fever. What was I thinking letting her do this?

Top O the Morning Dads! In early to wrap up month end / quarter end work before heading to airport for couple of nights out of town on business this afternoon - last day in the office until the 20th :jumping3: Though there are many great things about a cruise, one of them is the "unplugging" so no work phone calls, e-mails, etc.

Have a blast on the cruise. Agree that unplugging from the world is a great perk on a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter