DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

So my wife and I are going out on something called a "date" tonight. Not really sure what it is, but I'm interested in the concept. I got her tickets to see the Lion King at the Philadelphia Academy of Music.

1928:
Walt Disney's trademark application for "Mickey Mouse"
is filed with the United States Patent Office.

Thanks, General Geek!

Got'a get through one more day of work before I'm out'a here.
of course, it had to be this week that someone else in the office decided to resign with only a weeks notice and we all have to learn and take on various parts of that job. Yeah right... Like I can focus, concentrate and pay attention to that kind'a garbage right now.

Surely they'll be bumping up your salary for the additional workload.

So my wife and I are going out on something called a "date" tonight. Not really sure what it is, but I'm interested in the concept. I got her tickets to see the Lion King at the Philadelphia Academy of Music.
Enjoy your kid free evening! I hope you both enjoy the show.

I think you'll enjoy that "date" thing.
It's a fairly new concept to me as well and dang enjoyable I'll tell you.

We saw the traveling version of that show when is stopped in down here a while back. Absolutely excellent!
The ways they went about converting from screen animation to live stage production were amazing.

Surely they'll be bumping up your salary for the additional workload.

:lmao: didn't work like that the previous five times this has occurred.

Actually, the last time I had to take on large chunks of someone else's work was directly related to that individual asking for additional salary. Fairly obvious from the result what the managerial opinion of such requests might be.

It's a bit early, but I'm sure my boss won't mind. ;)

I've always got a covered mug sitting on my desk.
so far as my overlords know, it contains cold tea.

So far as they know...

Now then, I do believe I missed where you joined out little group.

Welcome Sir! :welcome:

We're glad to have you here

Good Morning Disney Fans!

Today in Disney History:

1928:
Walt Disney's trademark application for "Mickey Mouse"
is filed with the United States Patent Office.

Well done. Not Disney related but on this date in 1927, Lindbergh lands in Paris after his solo trip across the Atlantic.

'Morning all...
Got'a get through one more day of work before I'm out'a here...

Good morning General Geek, sir!
That is the sign of an auspicious day indeed.

Enjoy the trip and don't worry about work issues. It also looks like Randall has a new name.

Unrelated but I had a client fire me when I was on vacation at the World. She called me when I was at DHS and wanted me to do a bunch of stuff. It was when I lived in NY and had not seen my kid in a couple of months. I told her to BEVERY off, I was on vacation. She told me I sucked and said I was fired. I answered it was fine with me and I expect prompt payment of my outstanding bill.

Enjoy, saw LK on Broadway and it is a great show.

Saw this on Facebook if any one is looking to do something else other than visit WDW. Sacrilegious I know but it is a great state to play in. I checked off 8 of 12. Golfed at many places here but not played in Ft. Walton. Plenty of other places though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/03/florida-vacations-not-disney-world_n_5617383.html

Morn..... Oops. Afternoon folks.
Feel like crap. Coming down with a cold.
Yippee.

Happy Thursday. It made it down to the 50s here. I'm waiting until tomorrow to cut the grass.

'Morning all...
of course, it had to be this week that someone else in the office decided to resign with only a weeks notice and we all have to learn and take on various parts of that job. Yeah right... Like I can focus, concentrate and pay attention to that kind'a garbage right now.

A sign of a terrible organization - more work and no additional pay. I get the same as well. Doesn't matter - enjoy the cruise.

It's fun, but don't get your hopes up for a pre-children date experience.

Well done. Not Disney related but on this date in 1927, Lindbergh lands in Paris after his solo trip across the Atlantic.

.html

It could be Disney related. Maybe Walt was scouting for the future Disney theme park location? :lmao:

Are any Dads going to be at WDW June 12-14 or July 15-20:confused3, maybe we can arrange a DisDad meet:thumbsup2

Today in Disney History:

1955:
ABC camera crews begin rehearsing every Sunday at Disneyland for the park's
July 17 grand debut. As this is the early days of television - a live broadcast from a crowded theme park
is not a common event and much preparation is needed.

1998:
Disneyland officially unveils its newly renovated Tomorrowland. New
additions include Rocket Rods (a high- speed attraction running on the former PeopleMover track),
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (a restaurant located in the former Mission to Mars attraction), NASA Space
Experience, and the short "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." Also re-opening is the Astro Orbitor attraction
(originally known as the Astro Jets). It has been relocated to the entrance of Tomorrowland, and placed
on ground level, thus making the ride the new focal point as guests step from the main plaza of
Disneyland into Tomorrowland.

2015:
Disney's newest live-action feature Tomorrowland opens in U.S. theaters.
Directed by Brad Bird, a former boy-genius (George Clooney) and a gifted teenager (Britt Robertson) set out on a
dangerous mission to unearth the secrets of "Tomorrowland," an enigmatic location caught between time and space.

"Coolest Summer Ever" takes place in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
A 24-hour party, the special event starts 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, and runs until 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23.

The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, marking the resort's 60th anniversary,
begins. (Wish I were here)

Morning all.

I hate wasting a sick day because I'm actually sick.

Stopping in for a quick bit of catch up - Top O the Morning Dads. My Hawks blew a great chance to take control of their series last night. Been a rough week as we are doing a restructuring combining a couple of business units into one. Lots of long agonizing work and many a sleepless night the past few weeks. Had to say goodbye to several co-workers and good friends the past few days as well as a couple of my team that took voluntary programs. Now the work of combining activities, systems, etc begins full speed - gonna be a long summer.
Did someone say scotch?

Come to think of it, where might be a good place to sit and enjoy a bit of scotch in Disney?

Yes sir! General Geek!
:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

New tag line for our fearless leader eh?
'Morning all...
Enjoy your cruise my friend :boat:
Nice - we have had date night a few times over the past few months - kinda nice. Enjoy your evening with the Mrs and enjoy the show.

If have not already, check out the videos here on the DIS of the new night time parade and fireworks at DL for the 60th anniversary. Got me thinking about plans for being at DaWorld for the 50th.

And in other hockey news. I heard one of the local radio DJs say this:

Henrik Lundqvist is pretty upset with his performance of late. 12 goals in two games.
He was so upset that he stepped in front of a bus. But it went between his legs.

Today in Disney History:

1955:
ABC camera crews begin rehearsing every Sunday at Disneyland for the park's
July 17 grand debut. As this is the early days of television - a live broadcast from a crowded theme park
is not a common event and much preparation is needed.

1998:
Disneyland officially unveils its newly renovated Tomorrowland. New
additions include Rocket Rods (a high- speed attraction running on the former PeopleMover track),
Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (a restaurant located in the former Mission to Mars attraction), NASA Space
Experience, and the short "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." Also re-opening is the Astro Orbitor attraction
(originally known as the Astro Jets). It has been relocated to the entrance of Tomorrowland, and placed
on ground level, thus making the ride the new focal point as guests step from the main plaza of
Disneyland into Tomorrowland.

2015:
Disney's newest live-action feature Tomorrowland opens in U.S. theaters.
Directed by Brad Bird, a former boy-genius (George Clooney) and a gifted teenager (Britt Robertson) set out on a
dangerous mission to unearth the secrets of "Tomorrowland," an enigmatic location caught between time and space.

"Coolest Summer Ever" takes place in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort.
A 24-hour party, the special event starts 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, and runs until 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23.

The Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, marking the resort's 60th anniversary,
begins. (Wish I were here)

Aaaaand...
I headed off toward The DCL Terminal in Port Canaveral :woohoo:

Morning all.

I hate wasting a sick day because I'm actually sick.

Pure Beverly there...
Heal up soon

Enjoy your cruise my friend :boat:

Will do sir!
Don't see how I could possibly not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter