DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I've been giving the events of this past Friday some thought and two things occurred to me. Ordering a mass evacuation was kind of stupid. We had something like four thousand people trying to leave post using two access points, putting all of us on one two lane road. What if this had been a planned, coordinated event and additional VBIEDs had been placed at these points, or gunmen with automatic weapons, hand grenades, etc? We would have been sitting ducks. The other thought was that this was some sort of probe, to gauge the level of security we had. Maybe it's time to roll out one of B.A Baracus' custom vehicles. (Wonder's who'll catch the reference.)

Love it when a plan comes together!

Morning guys,

Hope everyone's weekend went well. After having the Brit here for nearly a month and the trip to Belize, it is nice to have the house to myself. If the last few days are any indicator, weather could be rough over the summer. It is over 90 with high humidity. And it is just April. Better than cold and snow but it seems we have already jumped to summer. Bring your sunscreen and drink lots of water if you are venturing down here.

Here is surviving another Monday.

Last edited:
I see the clubhouse is still standing. Had a good weekend here... yard sale Saturday and DD went to a birthday party yesterday for the neighbor girl (who she just met on Saturday). Been and interesting few days. Hope everyone is off to the races in a good way this morning.

Well it's another Monday which on the bright side means we are all yet another weak closer to our next Disney vacation. Blackhawks rebounded well yesterday from the thumping they took Friday night - Nashville fans are pretty quiet around the office today.

Morning, Men (almost noon!)

Been away from this neck of the woods for a week or so. Was down and out last week with what ended up being strep throat. I'm on the mend now and trying to get back into the swing of things. Gonna go back and catch up on some of the posts to see what I was missing.
Sorry to hear about the illness, welcome back
Morning all. A bad weekend for youth sports here. Younger dds soccer team got smoked in local sponsored tournament. The only positive takeaway was ...... Um ......... Er......... it's over.

On the good news side, DW gave the green light for a 2nd vacation this year. It probably won't be fall break, but maybe we can pull the kids out of school 2 days over Thanksgiving week. Problem is that I didn't budget a WDW vacation for this year, but maybe I can find enough $ for a week at Vero Beach.
Sorry about the kid's sporting endeavors but a big congrats on the extra vacation
Pretty happy with DS and the rest of his middle school school volleyball team. I've been coaching them for 3 seasons and it is all starting to come together for them. We went 6 and 0 this weekend (never even lost a set) to win our second tournament of the year. Seeing lots of good things from this group of young men!
Congrats to all - gotta love it when a plan comes together
I pretty sure that in-law and nut-case are listed as synonyms.
Well played

Happy Monday All! Well.....not really. It's Patriots Day and a big deal around here with the Marathon. Sorry again to have missed a lot of days. My computer just refuses to work consistently in the office and as usual Spring time is crazy busy. Congrats where deserved, prayers and pixie dust where needed and good times being sent to all those at the World right now. It's our April vacation and just about every friend my kids have are heading to Orlando.

I'll try to go back a little and see what I missed. I'm actually surprised this place is still open, but it looks like pages are moving a lot slower than before the update. I guess not as many of us guys are hanging out as much. I'll post when I can.

Jim and Paul, kudos to Boston and the marathon. Patriots Day looks like a fun time to be in the area. Red Sox game, watch the marathon and I am sure there are a few other things going on. Maybe another trip up there sometime.

Last edited:
Happy Monday. Anyone done using the ark? We've had so much rain here that I might need to be ready for a quick floating exit. :crazy2:

I'm sure a spot of bourbon made the visions of the tournament fad a bit.
Probably also helped add some creativity to the initial planning for the added vacation time.

I pretty sure that in-law and nut-case are listed as synonyms.

Hard work does pay off then, now don't it?
congrats all around.

Three good thoughts in one post. It is some Monday for you. Yes, the bourbon helps but the trip will be more points than I really wanted to use. Since we planned on using 0, any is more. But, Thanksgiving adds quite a bit. So, still considering and won't be able to book for another two days. Yes, in-law and nut case are the same people and just don't have to have the same last name :lmao:

Hard work doesn't pay off as long as you work for the government. Just ask Mark.

I don't want to wear pants either. Why don't you retire, move next to CJ, and then neither one of us has to wear pants. Then, I can take turns mooching, er um, visiting both you and CJ for extended time frames on alternating, consecutive days.

Hope everyone weekend went well. After having the Brit here for nearly a month and the trip to Belize, it is nice to have the house to myself. If the last few days are any indicator, weather could be rough over the summer. It is over 90 with high humidity. And it is just April. Better than cold and snow but it seems we have already jumped to summer. Bring your sunscreen and drink lots of water if you are venturing down here.

After a month of the Brit, every other day with me should seem like a breeze. You only have to feed me, not take me scuba diving. Randall's covering the bourbon.

I see the clubhouse is still standing. Had a good weekend here... yard sale Saturday and DD went to a birthday party yesterday for the neighbor girl (who she just met on Saturday). Been and interesting few days. Hope everyone is off to the races in a good way this morning.

Party for the neighbor she met yesterday? Are they best friends for life already?

Blackhawks rebounded well yesterday from the thumping they took Friday night - Nashville fans are pretty quiet around the office today.

Sorry about the kid's sporting endeavors but a big congrats on the extra vacation

Yeah, they took too many players for a one roster team. So, they have a basic core of players on each team, with some players playing on both team to fill out the rosters. Mine is playing on both teams, which I realize means she is not good enough for #1 team, but good enough to fill in on good team. Originally, I thought that it would be extra playing time, it's 5th grade, and she is 10, so I am ok with that. Problem was that the remaining players on team 2 are terrible. I'm hoping the parents saw just how bad it was and take their kids back to rec soccer. And, that isn't a shot at rec soccer, as I think it is underutilized at all ages. I think too many parents are pushing too hard for their children to play select soccer on their imagined belief that their girls are playing professional soccer on the women's pro tour and make $1 billion a year.

Unbelievable finish for the women's marathon. A sprint to finish after 26.2 miles?

You think your daughter will run it?

It's our April vacation and just about every friend my kids have are heading to Orlando.

Spring Break was our ghost town the first week of April. Are yours at the age they want to go with friends or take friends with them? What do you think of that?

You think your daughter will run it?

Not for a while. Qualifying time is 3:30 and her PR is 4:20. That was when she did the Dopey and a day after she did the half. If she trained a lot, she probably get it under 4:00 but that is about it right now. They let you run if you raise a Gazillion dollars but that isn't going to happen. She may try the NYC this year if it isn't too late to sign up.

Evening Gents, Day one of meetings done, off to the Penitentiary tomorrow to teach. Forbes ranked it as the top prison to be sent to a few years ago. Same subject I have taught some of these guys for the last 3 years. Time for them to teach and me to stay home.

I-75 or I-95? Less than 20 miles different so that is a wash. I-75 negatives...Atlanta and southern Georgia.
I-95 is decent once I get to it, but I have eastern TN, western NC, and I-26 in SC before I get there.

I-75 or I-95? Less than 20 miles different so that is a wash. I-75 negatives...Atlanta and southern Georgia.
I-95 is decent once I get to it, but I have eastern TN, western NC, and I-26 in SC before I get there.
We usually go I-75. Came home I-95 in December just for a change in scenery. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Ironic thing is it was I-95 that sucked, and it was smooth sailing once we got off of it. Maybe Fed or someone from the area can give you a little more insight on whether it happens regularly or not, but the whole time we were on I-95 it was just bumper to bumper traffic moving at about 10 - 15 mph under the speed limit all the way through GA and SC.

'Morning all...

Morning guys,

Hope everyone's weekend went well. After having the Brit here for nearly a month and the trip to Belize, it is nice to have the house to myself. If the last few days are any indicator, weather could be rough over the summer. It is over 90 with high humidity. And it is just April. Better than cold and snow but it seems we have already jumped to summer. Bring your sunscreen and drink lots of water if you are venturing down here.

Here is surviving another Monday.

So the prediction for the weather in Fla this summer is really, really hot and crazy humid?
Thanks for the warning.

Enjoy the calm, for the next couple weeks. Classes end here the first week of May, so I suspect that it wont be long before the Pirate Princes is headed back home as well. Or is she headed out on some adventure this summer?

Just met huh? That is some quick turnaround there.
Never a dull moment when young'ens are added to the mix.

Happy Monday All! Well.....not really. It's Patriots Day and a big deal around here with the Marathon. Sorry again to have missed a lot of days. My computer just refuses to work consistently in the office and as usual Spring time is crazy busy. Congrats where deserved, prayers and pixie dust where needed and good times being sent to all those at the World right now. It's our April vacation and just about every friend my kids have are heading to Orlando.

I'll try to go back a little and see what I missed. I'm actually surprised this place is still open, but it looks like pages are moving a lot slower than before the update. I guess not as many of us guys are hanging out as much. I'll post when I can.

So much useful knowledge back there...
We all understand crazy busy. I'm pretty sure it hits us all at different times every year.

Well...
except for Randall, but I can see that changing in the near
(or has he decided to join the leaser class, the world wonders)

Hard work doesn't pay off as long as you work for the government. Just ask Mark.

Doesn't necessarily pay off in the private sector either from my experience.
That's why I've taken to not doing it anymore.

Spring Break was our ghost town the first week of April. Are yours at the age they want to go with friends or take friends with them? What do you think of that?

We've done that many several times. But it had a bit to do with only having the one young'en.
In our case it has also allowed us to offer some experiences to kids that might not otherwise have been able to have them. It's always worked out pretty well for us.

Not for a while. Qualifying time is 3:30 and her PR is 4:20. That was when she did the Dopey and a day after she did the half. If she trained a lot, she probably get it under 4:00 but that is about it right now. They let you run if you raise a Gazillion dollars but that isn't going to happen. She may try the NYC this year if it isn't too late to sign up.

Interesting...
I did not know that about the marathon.
But then since I wasn't planning to run one, I've never looked into it either.

Evening Gents, Day one of meetings done, off to the Penitentiary tomorrow to teach. Forbes ranked it as the top prison to be sent to a few years ago. Same subject I have taught some of these guys for the last 3 years. Time for them to teach and me to stay home.

Offering a chance to folks that are often short on chances is a noble goal (weather it's appreciated or not).
What subject?

I'd say just stay on I-75. Time it so you aren't in Hot-Lanta during the drive times and you're good.
I-40 through the TN/NC boarder can be fun or terrible depending on the drivers around you and whether or not there's been any recent landslides, and between the narrowness and construction, I'd avoid Ashville during the rush hours as well.

We usually go I-75. Came home I-95 in December just for a change in scenery. I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Ironic thing is it was I-95 that sucked, and it was smooth sailing once we got off of it. Maybe Fed or someone from the area can give you a little more insight on whether it happens regularly or not, but the whole time we were on I-95 it was just bumper to bumper traffic moving at about 10 - 15 mph under the speed limit all the way through GA and SC.

Interesting...
I've usually only had problems around Jacksonville. I don't really have a better option but to travel via I-77/I-26/I-95, and I've got to head that way in about a month. I'll let y'all know what I encounter.

For Barry!

Pants were the least of my concern yesterday. Drive time to work is about 30 minutes, and I arrived at my usual 7:00am. By 8:00, I get a call from the wife, saying the furnace isn't working. I try to walk her through some things over the phone, but we can't get it. I drive 30 minutes back home. Do a little putzing around, Google the error code, and clear the issue. 30 minute drive back to work. I'm not there 45 minutes when I get a call from the school nurse telling me Madison threw up. So another 30 minutes back home, grab Ryder from daycare, get Madison from school and call it a day.

I'm now sitting at work contemplating just turning my phone off.

We drove back a little over a week ago and the only issue we had on the 95 was in South Carolina. Florida, Georgia, NC, Virginia and from around Boston to the border were pretty free flowing. There was traffic but pretty much always moving at the speed limit or better. We also used the 295 to go around Richmond.

Pants were the least of my concern yesterday. Drive time to work is about 30 minutes, and I arrived at my usual 7:00am. By 8:00, I get a call from the wife, saying the furnace isn't working. I try to walk her through some things over the phone, but we can't get it. I drive 30 minutes back home. Do a little putzing around, Google the error code, and clear the issue. 30 minute drive back to work. I'm not there 45 minutes when I get a call from the school nurse telling me Madison threw up. So another 30 minutes back home, grab Ryder from daycare, get Madison from school and call it a day.

I'm now sitting at work contemplating just turning my phone off.

That's a full week in one day. I hope your office is different than mine. When stuff like this happens to me, my boss says, "Can't your wife take care of it?" He's divorced, by the way.

Trouble multi quoting so

Barry, an example why kids make life interesting.

Rob, she flies home May 17. School is out earlier but she wanted to spend a couple days with friends. She has an interesting summer planned. June she leaves for month for a paid internship in Indonesia. By paid internship, I mean we pay for her internship. I'm freaking out a little bit over that trip. After that, probably back at UM.

My weather report was to say it is summer down here. A couple of recod highs with "feels like" in the mid-90s. Does not bode well for when summer really starts. Roads will be melting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter