DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Solo Trip?

While the phrase "over my dead body" hasn't been uttered, that's what DW's eyes say.

She is always about 2-3 shorter than him. She's like the third tallest in her grade. What's funny is they are the same weight. Peanut is tall for a girl but she's built more like a line backer where he's a string bean.

My dds aren't twins, but 2.5 years apart. Younger dd is almost as tall as her older sister, and almost weights the same. However, when I lift lighter, younger dd off the ground, she feels way heavier and like she is made of lead.

Poor some bourbon on whatever hurts to take the edge off - may whatever hobbles you get be small ones

Thanks, but I'm afraid my knee will never heal. The ice makes it feel better from the outside. The bourbon makes it feel better on the inside.

Not bourbon, BACON!

I'm taking the bourbon.

Good morning. Anyone see David? He hasn't checked in yet.

When we were planning for our last trip, DW refused to even listen to using one of the non park days to do the water parks. Yesterday when she was sick she was watching You Tube videos and came across a POV of one of the slides at Blizzard beach. She said we have to do the water parks next time. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

Happy Friday Eve Dads! Awful quite in here, what's this all about?

Well here's some top line info relative to DL compared to WDW.
  1. First is, capacity, capacity, capacity. DL does not have nor does it need the same capacity. 3 Days is max for doing the parks and these are not 3 full days of commando.
  2. Fact, did all of Fantasy Land, SM, Star Tours, Buz, POTC, Indiana Jones and ate breakfast from rope drop of 7:00 to about 11:00 with 2 FPs. Yes Star Tours is in Tomorrowland and Indy is in Adventureland (similar to Dinosaur ride platform).
  3. For the DVC guys, Grand Californian is one of my favorites. Similar to WL but with an entrance direct into CA Adventure.
We were able to get a special addition DL 60th Anniversary Pin that was released on one of the days we were there. Had to get in line at 5:45 a.m. to get wrist bands that allowed you to then wait in line at one of 3 locations to buy your pins.

The Original, before gates opened

Tea Cups - Open air. Way more uncovered attractions and outdoor ques as the weather is so much nicer than than FL relative to heat.

All I have time for right now but hopefully sitting outside with a beverage and nice cigar I will be able to provide some more info and pics - especially if it is this slow around here.

First is, capacity, capacity, capacity. DL does not have nor does it need the same capacity. 3 Days is max for doing the parks and these are not 3 full days of commando.
I don't know how you managed to pull that off... but no. :rotfl2::rotfl:

We were there 3 full days in January. We got through most of what we wanted to do, but could have easily spent another day there. We never saw the parade in DCA, we skipped Disney Jr and all the Frozen stuff except for the sing along, we skipped the spinny rides Paradise Pier, we only did 2 table service meals and HM, Materhorn, Critter Country and Condor Flats were all closed... We even only took a break 1 afternoon. But we did ride BTMRR about half a dozen times and spent some extra time in Carsland. I think you could easily spend 4 days or even more there if you really wanted to do everything and hit some favorites again. :confused3

That said, this was our "once in a lifetime" trip so we were trying to do literally everything... We rode everything in Fantasyland, and we did Toontown with the kids. I guess if you cut Toontown out of your Touring plan and skipped just a few of the rides in Fantasyland, that could gain you about half a day easily.

Happy post-Wednesday guys. Sunny and 77 yesterday and the apples, hazlenuts, and black raspberries have all broken bud. Hard freeze warning for Saturday and Sunday. I'm glad I don't depend on getting a crop for a paycheck.

Great news guys, follow up with the surgeon this AM and she said they got it all, no chemo!! Now I am on the short cycle for colonoscopies but it beats the alternative and kids will need to start screening at 40, but forewarned is forearmed.

That's fantastic news! Thrilled to hear it!

Rough day today. Got an email from one of my best friends (since high school) and his brother died of a heart attack. He flew in from DC and had to leave to to go to his brother's house about 2 hours away. I sat with his mom for a while today until one of her friends could come over. Stressful day. The good news is the Brit arrived last night and we are hitting Key Largo for a couple of days. Scary thing is his brother was my age. Life is short guys.

Sorry, CJ.

Happy Friday Eve Dads! Awful quite in here, what's this all about?

1. First is, capacity, capacity, capacity. DL does not have nor does it need the same capacity. 3 Days is max for doing the parks and these are not 3 full days of commando

2. For the DVC guys, Grand Californian is one of my favorites. Similar to WL but with an entrance direct into CA Adventure.

I think the crowd capacity is very different depending on the day of week and time of year. When we were at Disneyland last year we were able to do alot of things in the morning with little wait. However wait times got much longer in the evening and by Friday night it was crowded enough that it was difficult to walk through the park. 3 Midweek days is probably sufficient most of the year. If your time is when California schools are out or includes a weekend people night need more time.

I love Grand Californian too.

I don't know how you managed to pull that off... but no. :rotfl2::rotfl:

We were there 3 full days in January. We got through most of what we wanted to do, but could have easily spent another day there. We never saw the parade in DCA, we skipped Disney Jr and all the Frozen stuff except for the sing along, we skipped the spinny rides Paradise Pier, we only did 2 table service meals and HM, Materhorn, Critter Country and Condor Flats were all closed... We even only took a break 1 afternoon. But we did ride BTMRR about half a dozen times and spent some extra time in Carsland. I think you could easily spend 4 days or even more there if you really wanted to do everything and hit some favorites again. :confused3

That said, this was our "once in a lifetime" trip so we were trying to do literally everything... We rode everything in Fantasyland, and we did Toontown with the kids. I guess if you cut Toontown out of your Touring plan and skipped just a few of the rides in Fantasyland, that could gain you about half a day easily.

How much time did you spend in the Animation Academy. I could have easily spent a long time in there just watching the back grounds?

How much time did you spend in the Animation Academy. I could have easily spent a long time in there just watching the back grounds?
We didn't make it in there. Like I said, we could have easily spent a 4th day exploring. We did a lot, but definitely not everything!

We somewhat intentionally didn't go in there because didn't want to take the kids in with the Frozen stuff going on in there. As far as they knew the only Frozen in the park was the sing along. There wasn't a 90 minute wait to see Olaf or the princesses. :rolleyes1

Sure been quiet in these parts. I'm still not really liking these new boards as much as the old ones.

1. First is, capacity, capacity, capacity. DL does not have nor does it need the same capacity. 3 Days is max for doing the parks and these are not 3 full days of commando.
  2. Fact, did all of Fantasy Land, SM, Star Tours, Buz, POTC, Indiana Jones and ate breakfast from rope drop of 7:00 to about 11:00 with 2 FPs. Yes Star Tours is in Tomorrowland and Indy is in Adventureland (similar to Dinosaur ride platform).
  3. For the DVC guys, Grand Californian is one of my favorites. Similar to WL but with an entrance direct into CA Adventure.
We were able to get a special addition DL 60th Anniversary Pin that was released on one of the days we were there. Had to get in line at 5:45 a.m. to get wrist bands that allowed you to then wait in line at one of 3 locations to buy your pins.

Good get on the pin. Disney sure has that figured - lines to buy merchandise. Thanks for the review of DL and VGC. We hope to get a trip out there one year. I hope to get to Disney Aulani. I hope to lose a lot of weight. I hope to sprout wings and fly. I hope.

I don't know how you managed to pull that off... but no.

It would be a one time trip for us as well. I'm hoping we could get close to a week out there. Like you, I would want to ride everything.

Evening. Trying to catch up here . Doc wasn't too happy with my lung tests, it appears I'm losing capacity, thinks I might be underplaying the asthma a bit. Not too worried yet though.

Great news guys, follow up with the surgeon this AM and she said they got it all, no chemo!! Now I am on the short cycle for colonoscopies but it beats the alternative and kids will need to start screening at 40, but forewarned is forearmed.

That is the best news I've heard in a long time

Rough day today. Got an email from one of my best friends (since high school) and his brother died of a heart attack. He flew in from DC and had to leave to to go to his brother's house about 2 hours away. I sat with his mom for a while today until one of her friends could come over. Stressful day. The good news is the Brit arrived last night and we are hitting Key Largo for a couple of days. Scary thing is his brother was my age. Life is short guys.

Prayers

I'm leaving at 1 today to pick up the wife and kids and head to the airport and Disney World. Anybody wanna guess how productive I'm going to be at work today? :thumbsup2

I covered this inevitable position by also booking the week before we go off just to pkay it safe.

Morning Gents, welcome to Friday!

It's amazing what 1 day of rain and warmer temps can do to the snowbanks. Soon we will know it spring because we will be able to smell that first smell of spring...dog poop.

Happy Friday and weekend gentlemen, may your bacon never run out. Short day for me and no, that isn't what she said. DD has state Junior Bible Quizzing tournament this weekend so we are heading out after lunch. She took 5th in the state last year and were hoping for 3rd this year but given all that has happened in the last 8 months I don't see it happening. She just hasn't been able to focus and study. Either way it will be fun because we get to see some folks we only see once a year.

Evening. Trying to catch up here . Doc wasn't too happy with my lung tests, it appears I'm losing capacity, thinks I might be underplaying the asthma a bit. Not too worried yet though...

Sounds like you are keeping a good eye on it. Prayers that it improves for the next visit.

So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

:rotfl:

Top O the Morning Dads! Norm - your team looked awesome last night, my Notre Dame is gonna need more than the luck of the Irish me thinks.

Just a bit of clarification on the DL trip and doing all attractions. This was our 2nd trip, did 4 days on the first and from that knew 3 would get it done. On the recent 3 day:
  1. Splash Mtn, Soarin, Matterhorn were shut down.
  2. Park days were Tues, Thurs & Fri and was not the locals Spring Break
  3. We did hit all attractions with exception of the kiddie rides tied to a Bugs Land.
  4. Hit both parades, Fantasmic & World of Color
  5. Multiple rides included SM (3), Star Tours (3), Buz (2), POC (2), Indiana Jones (2), CA Screamin (3), TSM (2), Little Mermaid (3)
Agree with IamTrike in that early mornings provide the ability to get a ton done. Also dead on relative to Friday night as the locals start showing up even if it is to just have dinner and wander with a cold drink.

Happy Friday and weekend gentlemen, may your bacon never run out. Short day for me and no, that isn't what she said. DD has state Junior Bible Quizzing tournament this weekend so we are heading out after lunch. She took 5th in the state last year and were hoping for 3rd this year but given all that has happened in the last 8 months I don't see it happening. She just hasn't been able to focus and study. Either way it will be fun because we get to see some folks we only see once a year.
Safe travels and good luck to DD

Good luck to dd.

Top O the Morning Dads! Norm - your team looked awesome last night, my Notre Dame is gonna need more than the luck of the Irish me thinks.

Yeah, I emailed the Notre Dame AD and asked for a media comment that UK would be 37-1 after the weekend. :lmao:

I don't know if extra bulletin board material was needed, or WV was just that bad. If Notre Dame can shoot 3s at 50% again, it will be a lot different game.

Sure been quiet in these parts. I'm still not really liking these new boards as much as the old ones.

It would be a one time trip for us as well. I'm hoping we could get close to a week out there. Like you, I would want to ride everything.

I was surprised to see a couple pages weren't added between yesterday afternoon and today. I'm still getting used to the new boards features.

We have a relatively relaxed weekend. Kids have a lot of different Odyssey Practices in prep for the state competition and I am acting as a pace runner starting at 3am Sunday morning for people that are doing 100 mile run. Its supposed to be in the low 20s and snowing so that should be fun.

Hey guys,

Got back from Key Largo this afternoon. Nice couple of days with only one day in the water. Problem was, when I jumped off the boat my regulator blew up. Not to be too technical but, the regulator is the thingy you put in your mouth that allows you to breathe underwater. Kind of an important piece of equipment. The outside bladder ruptured and while it was giving me some air, it was not enough so I gave up on the dive. The funny thing is, at the time I knew something was wrong while I was in the water but only found out what it was when I rinsed the gear. Otherwise, a good time was had by all.

Thanks to all of you who posted about my friend's brother passing away. He and his mom are taking it hard but are working through it. Knowing him, he will bounce back quickly and his mom is one tough lady. His brother was Valediorian of my high school graduation class. He was a peer and the first person I grew up with that died as a "old man." Makes you think about your own mortality.

Evening, men. Had a long work week. I'm ready for the weekend!:drinking1

I'm currently in discussions with the fam about our potential dining options for October. Here's what we're looking at so far...
We're staying at VWL so...Artist Point & Whispering Canyon
Garden Grill
(youngest DDs bday choice)
Chef Mickey's (oldest DDs bday choice)
Sci-Fi Diner (haven't done it in a while and kiddos like it and LOVE the milkshakes)
I request Casey's Corner for a hot dog and nachos
FlameTree at AK...More often than not we hit this, so it's almost a given.
Beaches and Cream...unlikely for a meal but DW and kiddos want the ice cream! Thinking we'll fit this in with a round of mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.
If we end up at DTD, we'll try for T-Rex since DD7 wanted it last time and we didn't fit it in. I'd like to get in Earl of Sandwich based on repeated positive feedback from Norm.
We pondered the Yachtsman steak house but deferred until another trip. I'm a cargo\t-shirt guy. We are only doing Artist Point bc we're staying there and I can change. We'll target YSH when we stay at BWV or BC.
We nixed a few places since we've done them a bunch....Ohana and Le Cellier were on the list. I may have to make run to Tambu Lounge for a drink...or 2.
We are still considering some options for EPCOT meals. Even though it's F&W, I think I'll focus on the craft beer options rather than food. We'll have been at WDW for F&W the past 4 trips. I mean I'll sample some of the goods,but this time I don't think we'll spend a day snacking around the world. However, the opportunity to participate in socially acceptable day drinking...YES, PLEASE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter