DDC XXX: Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike, What Day Is It Mike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have Ryne Sandberg. You have nothing to complain about. I on the other hand, have nothing to look forward to.

I like Sandberg a lot. I'm interested to see how he does with a full season.

If you ever want to experience what it is like to be Bi-Polar, become a Cowboys fan. :sad2:

Nah, there are too many Cowboys fans around here to begin with. :rolleyes1

Spring training.

348oawl.jpg

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Still cracks me up every time. Is that wrong?

Well, look at it this way. They should have an awesome year next year! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And maybe a shiny, new QB after the draft. :rolleyes1

Nah, they got Josh Freeman. They're good.

I thought you were talking about the Vikings and Packers?

When did the Broncos get pulled into this discussion? :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Well, look at it this way. They should have an awesome year next year! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And maybe a shiny, new QB after the draft. :rolleyes1

There will be one bust in this QB heavy draft and we'll take him.

I watched about 3 innings of game 4. I don't know what it is but I really struggle to watch any game Joe Buck is calling. And of course he is calling this week's Vikings game.

I don't mind Joe Buck but Tim McCarver drives me up the wall.

:thumbsup2+1
I like Sandberg a lot. I'm interested to see how he does with a full season.
By the time you're done with him, you'll retire his number. Playing the Phils is going to be tough emotionally for old Cubs fans for a long time.

You're fine. I'm convinced the bird never felt a thing.

You didn't watch a couple of Monday's ago. :headache:

Sure I did. But my team needs a QB too, so I'd rather the Vikings just kept theirs.:thumbsup2

By the time you're done with him, you'll retire his number. Playing the Phils is going to be tough emotionally for old Cubs fans for a long time.

I can understand that. It was weird when the Cubs didn't hire him as their manager. Never quite understood that one, after he put in the time in the minors.

It's Ok. I know how troubling it must be to watch an efficient offense consistently march down the field and score points. Don't worry, you can get through this.

LMAO

Men are never wrong. We just have to pretend because that is the way women are. Our city did that as well. When did the mayor get a promotion to deity? Pathetic. Yes, it is. Thanks for that picture. It wasn't a WS game, but didn't Randy Johnson pitch a ball and hit a bird in mid air? Or, was that a video joke? You could lose a man card for that. It makes me sad that my nemesis lives in Indiana and is a NY fan.:sad2:

Hey, I root for the Reds to make the World Series every year, but it's been a long time for them. Johnny Bench was my third favorite player behind Munson and Mattingly!

Hey, I root for the Reds to make the World Series every year, but it's been a long time for them. Johnny Bench was my third favorite player behind Munson and Mattingly!
Only 23 years. Not that I'm counting. :rolleyes1

My all time favorite player is Barry Larkin. Grew up watching him and always wore number 11 in Little League... even though I literally played every position on the field EXCEPT short stop.

Hey guys. 3 more days! :cool1:

I'm sure glad the Phillies got rid of that bum Victorino. :rolleyes:

Love that guy! What a terrific player to root for. Thanks for letting him go! ;)

As a Yankees fan, that is really painful to say.....where's my drink :lmao:

:)

Congrats to the Red Sox and to Jim & Paul - gonna guess we are not gonna hear from Jim until much later in the day :rotfl:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I dunno. The way that series had gone, I was sort of rooting for something like a seagull swooping in, grabbing a pop fly, and dropping it over the Green Monster for the game-winning home run. Something to put a proper seal on quite possibly the strangest World Series of all time.

A friend of mine posted almost that exact same thing on Facebook last night, saying Drew would hit a pop up in the 9th that a seagull would catch and carry out for a walk off... Did that come from somewhere else? :confused3

I agree, it was rather anti-climatic given what had happened in the series.

It was climatic enough! :lmao:

Enjoy the win, Jim and Paul!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I watched about 3 innings of game 4. I don't know what it is but I really struggle to watch any game Joe Buck is calling. And of course he is calling this week's Vikings game.

Can't stand either of them. After the game they did a 10 minute piece about it being McCarver's last game in the booth. They basically cried on each other's shoulders the whole time. It was awful to watch. I can't stand those guys!

It's a struggle just to watch a Vikings game. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Back from a great experience. Lots of good memories that will always have. It was a special night for the city of Boston to celebrate after the marathon bombings in April. BOSTON STRONG!

Have fun! :cool1:

Everyone was tense until Victorino put the double off the wall. After that it was 5 innings of partying as we all knew, including St. Louis that it was our night.:thumbsup2

Will watch for you on TV, where you sitting?

That would be amazing to be at. Make sure you dress warm; I hope it's warmer than up here.

Was directly behind the plate and on TV all night. Got over 20 texts from friends that didn't know I was going. It was pretty funny to have the phone buzzing constantly. I have a couple pics someone sent me via email. i'll try to post them. Not sure how.

It was awesome to be at a world championship.

Have fun, go Cards.

What?:headache: Funny story. The seats next to us were sold to a coupel guys from Minnesota. They paid $2,700 each for the two seats. I was talking to them for a while. One of them owns National Tool and is worth about $1.5B. They bought the tickets in the morning, booked flights and got there by afternoon to go to the game. He was a BC graduate and a Boston fan.

Would be nice to have that kind of $$.

Congrats Jim and Paul on the Sox win tonight. Imagine Jim enjoyed himself immensely at the game. I was at the Ballpark when the Marlins won their first WS. What an incredible experience.

Thanks CJ! It was something I will always remember. The last few innings were really fun since everyone knew it was over. One big party with 60,000 of your best friends.

Thanks CJ. What a great win. I know our city has had more than its fair share of championships the last decade or so, but after April, this one is really special. The city needed it.:thumbsup2

I'm sure glad the Phillies got rid of that bum Victorino. :rolleyes:

Every little thing is gonna be alright!

Morning guys.

Jim congrats on the Sox winning the WS :thumbsup2

As a Yankees fan, that is really painful to say.....where's my drink :lmao:

Thanks David. Look at the bright side. We showed that you can go from last to first so there is still hope for the Yankees.:lmao::lmao:

Continuing with my awesome sports viewing year this year. It looks like I have tickets on the way to the Celtics tomorrow night for the home opener (hopefully it will be another loss and bring us 1 game closer to that #1 pick in the lottery). Then on Saturday, I have tickets for DS, DD and I to head into the Garden for a shoot around on the parkay! The kids will get to be out on the floor with a few players shooting. How cool is that. My kids may be the most spoiled from the standpoint of teams winning titles, getting to go to games and meeting professional athletes on the planet. It's good to have friends in high places, even if I may never get there.:thumbsup2

Happy Halloween! Hope you guys have better weather than what we are getting. Trick or Treat is cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow night due to severe weather hitting us today. Our Haunted porch decorations are gonna be trashed I'm afraid but maybe we will get lucky.

Congrats to the Red Sox and to Jim & Paul - gonna guess we are not gonna hear from Jim until much later in the day :rotfl:[/COLOR]

Sorry to hear about the weather. Hope the decoration make it through. Happy Halloween.

Made it in about 10:30AM this morning. That's with a few hours sleep. Got home between 2:30 and 3AM this morning, but worth it. It's gonna be a SLLOOOWWWW day today.:goodvibes

Happy Halloween
A%20Sexy%20Gold%20Princess%20Dress%20For%20Women.jpg

It is now!

We turn down the volume on the TV and listen to the local radio station 93.7FM call the game. It's much better. Usually do the same for the Patriots as well.

No pics today guys!!

Reality sucks.....

That is all...

We can all live in campers near WDW and panhandle for tickets. Sounds like my retirement plan.

Better. I grew up a Reds fan because we were closer to Cincinnati and the NL central teams were on tv.

My all time favorite player is Barry Larkin. Grew up watching him and always wore number 11 in Little League... even though I literally played every position on the field EXCEPT short stop.

That was a great run.

All I have to say is:

]

Alex Smith, MVP? Hmmmmmm....

Spring training.

348oawl.jpg

There it is. Thanks Chris. Didn't know if I dreamed that or not.

Do you get sad everytime you eat fried chicken?

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women around to hear it, is he still wrong?

Yes, he is still wrong. He just doesn't have to worry about someone telling him that for the next 60 years.:lmao::lmao:

Nah, they got Josh Freeman. They're good.

Nope, not wrong. It's one of the funniest things I have ever seen. You know how they always fly right in front of your car even though they can fly anywhere they want. Well that little guy didn't quite fly fast enough.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

And how does Freeman completely screw up the Tampa thing and be starting again so quickly. Really Minnesota? Sounds more like a front office and coach problem than a QB problem to me.

You're fine. I'm convinced the bird never felt a thing.

The question was....ball or strike? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

All I have to say is:

8-0

And you have my support for a 16-0 season so that the Patriots might actually take down that stupid banner hanging in the stadium. If another team does it, it's not so special. That's like announcing at every game....."Hey everyone, we had the best team that year and lost to a wild card team in the SB". Stupid banner.:mad::mad:

I loved watching those teams with Eric Davis, Chris Sabotage, Dibble and Larkin.

Back from a great experience. Lots of good memories that will always have. It was a special night for the city of Boston to celebrate after the marathon bombings in April. BOSTON STRONG!

Everyone was tense until Victorino put the double off the wall. After that it was 5 innings of partying as we all knew, including St. Louis that it was our night.:thumbsup2

Was directly behind the plate and on TV all night. Got over 20 texts from friends that didn't know I was going. It was pretty funny to have the phone buzzing constantly. I have a couple pics someone sent me via email. i'll try to post them. Not sure how.

It was awesome to be at a world championship.

What?:headache: Funny story. The seats next to us were sold to a coupel guys from Minnesota. They paid $2,700 each for the two seats. I was talking to them for a while. One of them owns National Tool and is worth about $1.5B. They bought the tickets in the morning, booked flights and got there by afternoon to go to the game. He was a BC graduate and a Boston fan.

Would be nice to have that kind of $$.

Thanks CJ! It was something I will always remember. The last few innings were really fun since everyone knew it was over. One big party with 60,000 of your best friends.

Every little thing is gonna be alright!

Thanks David. Look at the bright side. We showed that you can go from last to first so there is still hope for the Yankees.:lmao::lmao:

Touché my friend

0!

T minus 7 hours to take off. Looking forward to meeting a few DISDads while we are there. Whole family is going, kids, grandkids, kid in law, the works. I don't think it's going to happen, but close the thread at your own peril. And if you do close it, last one to post, please turn off the light and lock the door, until I get a new clubhouse built.

Can't stand either of them. After the game they did a 10 minute piece about it being McCarver's last game in the booth. They basically cried on each other's shoulders the whole time. It was awful to watch. I can't stand those guys!

I think Joe Buck said something like "I love you" awkward pause and "I love you like a brother."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter