DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs an extra reason?

Jasmine wearing clamshells?

Keep going in babysteps at the new store, trying hard to fend off boredom and a bit of depression from the situation of having nothing to really do. Today helped as my past two managers both called me looking for help on stuff, and finally got some areas to look after. Not my choice of sections, but I'll look after Champagne, French/German/Italian Wine and Coolers. Also got an alarm passcode. All helps me get settled in.:thumbsup2

Evening guys.

Had to post a proud dad moment. We had our first round playoff game tonight. The team as a whole didn't play very well. In the last 5 minutes, DS drained 3-3 point shots:cool1: to pull away and we won by 8. It was awesome and saved his coaches butt (mine) from an early exit. Next up Friday night.:thumbsup2

Good stuff! Congrats!!! :cool1:

we've got snow and freezing rain coming Saturday. Winter just doesn't want to go away.

Same here. Ready for it to be done. :furious:

:confused:I'm the wrong person to ask. My 2yo is in our bed every night. My DW does not discourage this. I will be making a stand soon that will probably only end up with me being relegated to the couch. :furious:

We don't allow the kids to come into our bed at night, but they can come in and hang out in the morning. It works well. If DD is having a tough night we'll go in to her room and sometimes crash in her bed for an hour or so, but she never comes in ours. DS is still pretty young, so keeping him out is easy. :lmao:

Had to post a proud dad moment. We had our first round playoff game tonight. The team as a whole didn't play very well. In the last 5 minutes, DS drained 3-3 point shots:cool1: to pull away and we won by 8. It was awesome and saved his coaches butt (mine) from an early exit. Next up Friday night.:thumbsup2

Congrats to DS for saving the coaches butt.

You are going to need a lot of penguins. :lmao:

Got a chuckle out of that one.

Jasmine wearing clamshells?

Keep going in babysteps at the new store, trying hard to fend off boredom and a bit of depression from the situation of having nothing to really do. Today helped as my past two managers both called me looking for help on stuff, and finally got some areas to look after. Not my choice of sections, but I'll look after Champagne, French/German/Italian Wine and Coolers. Also got an alarm passcode. All helps me get settled in.:thumbsup2

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Glad you are settling in, but hate to hear it is not very exciting. Hang in there.

Got a chuckle out of that one.

Don't encourage me.

Thanks for the advice guys. About a year ago DW had knee surgery and couldn't do the stairs to put the kids to bed (We have a main floor master and the kids sleep upstairs.). So on nights I had to go to work they slept with her. Once she could do the stairs the problem stopped. Then it started up again in the summer when DD started having nightmares. After that she was in our bed two weeks straight. It got better for a time but now the pattern of them has gotten to where it is now.

I'm definitely going to talk to both of them and see what is bringing them down. I will also do the, "You're a big kid, you don't need to do this anymore." speech. That worked with a few issues when they turned 4.

Weighing in on the kids in bed...as it's been mentioned, every situation is different, and there is no magic answer.

But with us (kids are older now), I found that sometimes they really were scared or had a reason to be in our bed, and other times they seemed to just take advantage of the fact that "they could". It then becomes a routine, and just normal practice if you let it get that far.

We kinda put our foot down, and said enough is enough. New rule - everyone sleeps in there own bed. If you need anything, and it better be a legit reason, then come on in and tell mommy or daddy, :rotfl2:
but if you just want to come in, NO!. You have your own bed, and it is in your room.

Every Night we would tuck them in, give them a kiss good night, and tell them we love them. But they had to stay in their own beds.

We also found if we let them sleep with an extra stuffed toy (or a few extra) they'd be happy.

Seemed to work, but we never really let it get to a point where they were SO used to coming over.

On a side note: we have friends of the family, and the mother let her son sleep in their bed as a baby... and he NEVER left... he is about 15 now, and still sleeping in mom's room. Dad NEVER sleeps in that room anymore. :crazy2:

Funny - that's not the story Seth told me. He said he had to put his foot down with you coming into his room.

He said he had to give you one of his stuffed animals so that you wouldn't be scared.

:rotfl2:

pirate:

:joker:

We have went thru times when they wouldn't sleep. So, we added some Benadryl at times. We did melatonin on occasion with oldest, but she was older...

DD occasionally has trouble sleeping. 11:00 last night and she comes out and says she can't sleep. Not a problem I said. Stay up as late as you want and clean your room or their is a pile of laundry that needs folding. An 8 year old doesn't need that much sleep, right? Fifteen minutes later she was in bed, light off, sound asleep.

She takes after SWMBO who will stay up and watch a movie (through closed eyelids) rather than go to bed because she is afraid she will miss something. :lmao:

Morning Guys!! ITS FRIDAY!!!:cool1::dance3::cheer2:

Matt

Morning Matt! I love the smells of Friday in the morning :rotfl:

Morning everyone.

‘Morning all…

Change is tough... It’ll pick up quickly once they figure out that you can handle anything they throw at you (‘cause then they’ll start throwing everything your way). Hang in there; sounds like they're starting to figure it out.

Thanks for the advice guys. About a year ago DW had knee surgery and couldn't do the stairs to put the kids to bed (We have a main floor master and the kids sleep upstairs.). So on nights I had to go to work they slept with her. Once she could do the stairs the problem stopped. Then it started up again in the summer when DD started having nightmares. After that she was in our bed two weeks straight. It got better for a time but now the pattern of them has gotten to where it is now.

I'm definitely going to talk to both of them and see what is bringing them down. I will also do the, "You're a big kid, you don't need to do this anymore." speech. That worked with a few issues when they turned 4.

That ‘splains how you got there. I like your plan.
It’s a good starting point and may well be all that’s needed.

Funny - that's not the story Seth told me. He said he had to put his foot down with you coming into his room.

He said he had to give you one of his stuffed animals so that you wouldn't be scared.

:rotfl2:

pirate:

:joker:

Bazinga.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

DD occasionally has trouble sleeping. 11:00 last night and she comes out and says she can't sleep. Not a problem I said. Stay up as late as you want and clean your room or their is a pile of laundry that needs folding. An 8 year old doesn't need that much sleep, right? Fifteen minutes later she was in bed, light off, sound asleep.

Nicely handled.
Most young’ens are allergic to “work”; making it an easily exploited weakness.
:lmao:

Friday!!!!!!!!!

::yes:: Yes… yes it is.
The only thing better then that will be the arrival of…

Friday Night!!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday gang. Snow is still coming down, office is closed. Working from home was a pain so I walked 2 doors down to my cousin's house. Peace and quiet here. It's nice. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter