DDC XXVII: Penguins in Paradise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it wrong of me to have evil thoughts whenever I read the Facebook status updates from my cousin, who lives in Kissimmee, regarding going to Disney this weekend or last weekend or whenever? :rolleyes1

Seems like they go about every weekend. Not that I wouldn't do the same, but still... just keep rubbing it in.

Testing...1, 2, 3...

Is this thing on?

Quiet around these parts today. Everyone must be out training for the marathon weekend. :lmao:

Today is my daughter, Adeline's 7th birthday. DW, both grandma's, and her little sister have taken her in to the city to empty the bank accounts at the American Girl store. Too bad I had to miss that part of the day... :rolleyes1

Happy Birthday to define!

Is it wrong of me to have evil thoughts whenever I read the Facebook status updates from my cousin, who lives in Kissimmee, regarding going to Disney this weekend or last weekend or whenever? :rolleyes1

Seems like they go about every weekend. Not that I wouldn't do the same, but still... just keep rubbing it in.

You should have read the message DW sent up after I posted about being in EPCOT last week. :lmao:

Happy Birthday to define!

laughing-monkey.gif

Is it wrong of me to have evil thoughts whenever I read the Facebook status updates from my cousin, who lives in Kissimmee, regarding going to Disney this weekend or last weekend or whenever? :rolleyes1 in.

I've been asking myself that a lot here lately - why did I settle in KY instead of moving to FL? Now, my life lessons to dd everyday include saying prayers, Dave Ramsey financial planning, and moving to Florida after graduation.

Before heading out yesterday we were stopped to get gas and some guy pulled in and yelled "Go Flyers!", turned out to be this guy:

It was great to meet you yesterday Dave. This could be the first random DisDad meet at a gas station.

Or, you have your first official stalker. Way to go on the meet up.

Flying but the front yard camp-out is intriguing. :lmao:

Exactly. I'm thinking CJ can support several of us. We can take turns entering our septic waste into his storm drain.

Today is my daughter, Adeline's 7th birthday. DW, both grandma's, and her little sister have taken her in to the city to empty the bank accounts at the American Girl store. Too bad I had to miss that part of the day... :rolleyes1

Happy Birthday to your dd. DW tried to get me to stop in the American Girl doll store in Atlanta on the way to WDW for several years. The GPS somehow just couldn't find directions. :scared1:

. That left a pretty good sized budget for extra's. Now to get out there and work on losing all the weight gain from my knee injury.

Looks like Team Sparrow may have more room on the couch. It is great that you guys are running, and I will cheer you on.

Happy Birthday Adeline! I hope you enjoy your new dolls & accessories as much as you enjoy eating Ramen noodles and expired hot dogs for the next month!

I've been asking myself that a lot here lately - why did I settle in KY instead of moving to FL? Now, my life lessons to dd everyday include saying prayers, Dave Ramsey financial planning, and moving to Florida after graduation.

No kidding, 19 years ago when DW and I honeymooned at WDW we should've stayed:sad:

I find myself looking for jobs in FL almost daily. Ugh....

Looks like the Carnival Triumph decided it is ready to be on the move again... :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

At what point do you just give up and turn it to scrap? :confused3 :rotfl:

Afternoon....took the day off to deal with bad headaches, up and about now, I need to attend a daughter-daddy event at Brownies with Amelia tonight.

We are back from the Gift Auction, we didn't win the Disney tickets or the Lobsters, spent a combined total of $140 (with Dis tickets, 50/50, Birthdayboard) so what did we win:confused3

- 4 tickets to Adventure Aquarium - $100
- 3 tickets for a tour of a Mine - $60
- 2 VIP tickets for Battleship NJ tour - $44
- 2 $25 GC to 2 different restaurants- $50
- 2 folding lawn chairs - ??
- 18 inch Charcoal grille - ??
- 6pk of Beach House Beer - $8
- A huge painting professionally framed and matted with COA - ??

All in all not a bad take, plus I think my son will really enjoy The Battleship & the Mine, since that is all boy stuff there:thumbsup2

Good job, thats an impressive haul.

So DW gets home last night from picking up DD from theater class. She comes in the house, makes sure the kids aren't looking, slugs me in the shoulder and says "I blame you." Immediately, my mind begins racing through all of the things that she might have found out, but I can't think of any that are bad. I ask what I did, and she says my daughter is now quoting lines from the Jungle Cruise. As they pull into the driveway, my wife stops at the side door to the house and tells DD to get out. DD says "That was rude. Please get out."

I approve :thumbsup2

Morning Guys,

We made it home late last night. We drove about 750 miles and were on the road for about 13 hours yesterday. It was nice to get home though.

Before heading out yesterday we were stopped to get gas and some guy pulled in and yelled "Go Flyers!", turned out to be this guy:

Dorrance-20130402-00097_zpsec64b251.jpg

It was great to meet you yesterday Dave. This could be the first random DisDad meet at a gas station.

Excellent!:thumbsup2

Happy Birthday Adeline.

Survived sleepover last night. It was only one friend of youngest dd, but a lot of extra giggling. I'll still need the day to recover - maybe I can talk the family into GiJoe movie.
My inner 7 year old wants to see that. I'd love a review.

Happy Birthday Adeline! I hope you enjoy your new dolls & accessories as much as you enjoy eating Ramen noodles and expired hot dogs for the next month!
:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:
Every trip to the Mall of America we go by that store. Every time I pat myself on the back for turning DD into a tomboy. :rolleyes1

Morning Guys,

We made it home late last night. We drove about 750 miles and were on the road for about 13 hours yesterday. It was nice to get home though.

Dorrance-20130402-00097_zpsec64b251.jpg

Nice job guys! :thumbsup2

Today it was just me and my son, so we went somewhere that Mom doesn't like to go since it gives her the creeps:rotfl:, we went to Insectropolis it is a bug museum with plenty of live bugs, spiders and other crawly things:woohoo:

We always learn a lot of new things about bugs when we go, There are some real pest bugs that destroy crops & other plants or trees, but for the most part most bugs have a purpose that actually help us out in some way, so the next time you go to squish a bug take a second to see if it is a helpful bug, if it's a pest squish it, if not let it go since without it the pests may show up:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter