DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Cinderella's Fella, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

Matt,

I hope you are able to find a "happy place" to escape to sometime today :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I think you have every right to feel that way. It's not really fair to your DD. Whatever the reason, I am sending prayers that it gets resolved for your DD sake. I can't imagine that I would not spend every opportunity with my children if I were not able to live with them. We got your back! Feel free to vent.

4. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Does it come in a box?:lmao::lmao::rotfl2: I love that one! Not the gift, just the skit. Come on, I know what you were thinking.:sad2:

5. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Glad your still living up to expectations.:thumbsup2

6. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure we established a few days ago that leaving work to go home and play Xbox was a DisDads approved activity. :thumbsup2

Sorry the commute was bad. People like that are just looking for some attention.

7. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

Hope today gets better. Angry birds always help my with my frustrations.

We must have read the same articles. I know that a lot of the die hard fans won't be happy. They treat the expanded universe novels like scripture and any movies that conflict with that will be bashed.

8. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

I just multi quoted from my phone. It can be done

9. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Good news.

At least you get a bonus instead of a jelly of the month club membership.

Still having a hard time with the age gaps of the first three movies - Padme, Annikan, and Kenobi. Then, when you add in the 4th with the really old Kenobi and Luke and Leia are twins? Maybe we won't notice that any of them aged 20 plus years.

10. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I agree. We did read some of the books and my DS loves to watch the Clone Wars cartoons (can I call them cartoons?). The die hard fans will just have to realize that without being able to market for a billion dollars in ticket sales, the movies would not be coming. You need to general audiences to do that.

From the articles, this trilogy is supposed to be a bette group of story lines than the other 6. I hope that's true. If not, all you'll hear is "Disney ruined it". Not really an open mind going in.

11. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Pray tell! :teacher: I think a lot of us have been trying to figure that one out for a while. I'm still trying to figure out how to multi quote on the Ipad.

12. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Dis Dad #469 . . . . "Nation Ford", SC

‘Morning all…

Got home last night to discover that the deadbolt on my front door no longer worked.
    Frustrating… but they’re easy to replace not all that expensive and the retailer rekeyed the new one to match the rest of my locks for only $5. Not a repair that I was planning on, but other then time, it didn’t really set me back all that far.

So…
    What’s up with y’all?

Hummmmm…
    I’ll reserve judgment on these until I hear more details. I’ve got my doubts as to how well they’ll pull these off. Considering what was offered for parts I, II, and III…

Very disturbing, this. Poor work done, it was.

It’ll be on again and I’ll catch it then.
    We don’t like to break out all the Christmas trappings until it’s at least December. Next week I’ll start the decorating and such. But then again, we’ll leave it all up into the first week of next year, so it all evens out.

My, my, but that’s distracting.

Wow…
    That’s… ummmm… yah, that’s not good.
    People never cease to amaze me. I believe that your girl is certainly better off now, but explaining it to her will never be easy. Prayers to all concerned, and soldier on sir. It sound to me like you’re doing a mighty fine job under difficult circumstances.

13. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Excellent. Brian is disappointed.

Only decided that a few days ago? I've been doing that for 5 years now.

You are a good man and good father to step up and care for your child. We can still make fun of you for living in TN, right? :lmao:

Still can not let it go.

I thought we were commandeering a cruise ship. What happened to the mutiny?

These are the drivers that cause the real problems and where the police are needed. Not doing speed traps and slowing me down in the AM.

14. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

I think the reboot will have to be with new actors.
    That is what I hear too. I just wish they would update the Heir to the Empire trilogy and go from there. Twenty years later and those are still the best Star Wars novels.

15. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

Sorry about the rough morning Matt!

Hope it doesn't set the pace for the rest of your day. :thumbsup2

16. Twin Dad

Twin Dad DIS Dad #704

When I click the button by your name I had a bunch of options. I clicked select then did the same for Norm's post. Then I hit the menu button at the bottom of the phone. The reply button changed to multi-quote.

17. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

Had Dinner club last night at my house (in-laws and sister in law switch every Wednesday for dinner).

We talked about our upcoming Spring Break getaway to Daytona Beach.

We're gonna do a one day getaway to MK on Tuesday of our week there and my in-laws decided to come with us. (at one time - they had said they were going to Sea World with my other SIL's family).

I tried to get a dinner ADR at BOG for 7 of us - no dice!

But I was able to snag one at 'Ohana! :cool1:

So, it will be a first for my in-laws as they've never been to any place besides MK and EPCOT. I think they'll be amazed by the Poly. :thumbsup2

18. Disney Commando

Disney Commando <font color=red>DDC<br><font color=purple>Disney F

Lined up my sons babysitter for the 9th, have tickets to a gift auction in the afternoon, last year they had Dis tics but instead I won 4 season beach badges for a private beach (Probably will not put in for the beach this year, who knows if it will even be open next year:confused3)

But anyway I have to figure out if I want to take the day off (it's a Sun it would be no pay) or see if I can do a 8-12 (at time+ half):confused3

19. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Dis Dad #469 . . . . "Nation Ford", SC

Spoken like a benevolent master.
    Did you offer him a liver-treat and scratch him behind the ear.

Good boy… now fetch!

Found a new meme, have we?

Me neither. Curse the luck.
    I suppose I need to retrieve that resignation letter before it makes its way to the management.

You appear to be having a bad life right now.
    More XBOX would be good.
    More Disney would be better.

I desperately need a major dose of that second one.

Good to hear.
    You could use a bit of a break from all the medical travails.

`Ohana as a back-up plan.
    Sounds like a no lose situation there.
    Enjoy the trip.

Oh, and if Brian offers you any “liver-treats”…

Bite his hand! :thumbsup2

20. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

We are, I was just going to buy one for the heck of it. I thought I could cruise to France and throw empty beer bottles at their ships :lmao:

21. Disney Commando

Disney Commando <font color=red>DDC<br><font color=purple>Disney F

We have a lot of this kind of driving in NJ, you did good you held back unlike here in NJ, I guess that's why NJ is a road rage state:scared1::rolleyes1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.