DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Cinderella's Fella, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Have done it in the past, just not on a holiday. A couple of years ago we went to Miami for a game (seems no on from Miami wants to watch the Fins, we go seats on the 40 for half the cost at Gillette....Sorry CJ). We went to the Buffalo game this season and if all the cards fall right could be planning another road trip before season end, who knows. It's a lot of fun to get a group of guys together and go on a short trip. I'll let you know when another is in the works if your interested.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

Come on over we will thin and paint the town!!

Thank you, I dislike the dentist anyways but I called the dentist and they reassured me the sedation is safe and she will only be groggy for the day unlike the old days when she might of been groggy for a few days

4. RodBelding

RodBelding <font color=red>DIS Dad #589<br><font color=royalb

Sounds like a blast, def. let me know!

I did take a trip down to Miami a few years back for a Pats/Fins game, and have to say that the fans there were much nicer to me than I expected (and experienced in NY many times! :rotfl:) Must be that warm weather and all those beaches that have them so relaxed... :confused3

5. RodBelding

Well played. :lmao:

6. DisDadDoc

DisDadDoc <font color=red>DDC #403<br><font color=royalblue>

You're going to be doing nothing but buying Dole Whips...:rotfl2:

7. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

That is terrible Chris. I am glad the maintenance workers got out in time. That sounds like a really scary situation to be in. I'm glad your family is safe.

I was trying to figure out if I should buy a few Wii U's for my business... I just need a way to tether the controllers so they don't 'walk away'. I'm not sure how I would pull that off though.

8. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

Thanks for keeping the stats updated Rob. :thumbsup2

And would you look at that... I passed Barry in the total post count. Kiss my dust Barry!!!! :p

9. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

And Yuengling! :lmao:

10. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

:bday:party:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!!!!!! party::bday:

Hope you have a great day!!! :thumbsup2

11. ClearScreen

ClearScreen <font color=red>DIS Dad #461<br><font color=royalb

Thanks Tim. How did you guys make out??

Those controllers are big $$. You can't even buy them separately right now without buying a whole new system.

12. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

In a 15-20 mile radius around my town faired really well. We had some flickering lights on Monday night, but we never lost power. I knew we wouldn't lose it though, I bought a generator a few days before the storm. :headache:

OUCH! I wouldn't need them till May but I'm not sure if I will be able to. I can't leave those controllers laying around.

13. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

They had the controllers attached with a screw at Gamestop. May want to wander in and see if they did something similar in your area. They had it attached to the display/wall with a thin metal wire. You could always put an inscription or lettering somewhere that reads "property of". I know it would deter some, but as Jack always says, "you can count on dishonest people to be dishonest".:thumbsup2

14. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I tried to get the plastic covers they have at gamestop for the PS3 controllers. After spending 4 hours calling Sony, distributors, & the game reps who make the displays, I got nowhere. I gave up and just bought wired aftermarket PS3 controllers.

The problem with putting 'property of' on the controllers is that we have 10 gaming setups at an outing resort from about May 10th-June 20th. Each day there is 1800-2400 high school and middle school kids there. We do have someone there watching the games though out the day but they have to be tethered down.

I will goto gamestop and check out how they have them tethered though. :thumbsup2

15. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

The only place better may be a baseball game at Camden Yards in Baltimore. There are usually more Boston fans than Baltimore fans.:rotfl: I think they are just happy someone is showing up and spending $$.

However, if the Red Sox keep playing the way they did last year that may change and no one will be at the games in either stadium. :lmao::lmao:

16. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Good luck. I would think after having that many kids they may not make it through. That's a lot of game play and abuse I'm sure.:faint:

17. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I go through about 4-6 aftermarket ps3 controllers a season. I've been lucky with the Wii controllers and only go through about 2. We used the Kinect for x-box so I have no controller loss there! :rotfl2:

18. Urugami

Urugami DISdad #690

Wow... new thread, and I don't get in on it until a mid-twenties page... crud!
    As for this.....
    I've got that on LaserDisc somewhere (along with the original Star Wars trilogy, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Hunt for Red October).
    Jeez.. I hope the player still works when I get it out of the box it's been in for 10 years.... :happytv:

19. Emma's Dad

Emma's Dad DIS Dad #115 8^) Virginia Beach, VA

Happy Birthday Amelia, Andy, and Ben! :cool1:

20. RodBelding

I forget that it's named Camden Yards, seeing as people always refer to it as Fenway South. ;)

21. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

I thought it was Yankee Stadium south... :confused3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.