DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bragging time.

DS was one of four grade six boys to make his middle school's JV basketball team. Pretty proud of him.

Woo-hoo! :cool1: Congratulations.

We don't have school teams, just youth travel teams where I live.:sad2::sad2: Really depressing since I think the school teams are more structured and better for them.

Knowing his opponent, he should have dressed JV players and had them available. I regularly carried 10 all varsity and 4 JV/varsity players. These 4 players would play one half of JV and then be available for a half in the varsity game. He could easily have brought a larger roster to that game and allowed the younger players to gain experience and not been an @$$.
I was thinking the same thing. As big as the school is, I know he has a JV team and I was wondering why he only had 9 players. I know the school that DW coaches cheerleading for always dresses as many JV players as they can if both teams aren't playing that night.

bragging time.

DS was one of four grade six boys to make his middle school's JV basketball team. Pretty proud of him.
Congrats! :thumbsup2

Oh, come on, it's ok to share. We've all been there. Every Thursday night through Friday morning, even during Finals, I could always be found at the Neon Cactus. $5 cover, buy a $3 cup and keep refilling it with 25 cent Old Style or $1 mixed drinks. :thumbsup2

And you could even bring an old cup back, so it was really just $5 cover and 25 cent beer. Coincidentally, I haven't touched Old Style since I graduated. :rotfl2:

Had another place that was $5 cover and $2 pitchers of any domestic draft on Wednesday nights with free wings from 7 - 8 pm too. We went there all the time until they closed up shop at the end of my Junior year. I realize we ate a lot of wings and drank a lot of beer, but I didn't realize it was that much.

There was a place that did "Buck a Cup Night." A dollar for the cup and a dollar to refill it. That was the same night I discovered kamikazes. Next day was my worst hangover.

Never did snow skiing. I hope it works for you. I did take dds sledding, and that was a lot of fun.
Its a great way to pass the winter but the runs here are painfully short. I'm probably wait a year or two before taking the kids.

I have coached varsity basketball at the high school level for both boys and girls. Only bringing 9 players to a game is also part of the wrong philosophy. Knowing his opponent, he should have dressed JV players and had them available. I regularly carried 10 all varsity and 4 JV/varsity players. These 4 players would play one half of JV and then be available for a half in the varsity game. He could easily have brought a larger roster to that game and allowed the younger players to gain experience and not been an @$$.

I do agree that you don't need a mercy rule. They need to terminate coaches that have no compassion or regard for the situation and hire good coaches with common sense and morals as discussed. Good coaches can find a solution to allow both sides to learn and become better players and people. It really is shameful.
Agreed. And ESPN doesn't help by posting these scores on Sports Center. You're just stoking an egomaniac's ego and encouraging the next idiot.

They will but sadly I do not own a jacket for 9degree weather
A jacket for 9 above? :confused3

All you need is a lined sweatshirt and a long sleeve shirt.

Well the ice jackets are longer then normal jackets, if you want to do the ice slides you must wear them, I have hoodies, thermals and jackets but these are heavy duty jackets and generally it doesn't get cold enough to justify owning a heavy heavy jacket plus I want to slide darn it!!!!!

I'd be sliding as well.:thumbsup2 Have a fun time. It's funny that you have ice slides in TN and we don't have anything like that up here. Unless you count skiing in the mountains. Not really ice sliding is it?:confused3

bragging time.

WTG!!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I'd be sliding as well.:thumbsup2 Have a fun time. It's funny that you have ice slides in TN and we don't have anything like that up here. Unless you count skiing in the mountains. Not really ice sliding is it?:confused3

We do plenty of ice sliding here... usually down hills in our cars & trucks. :faint:

Twin Dad said:
A jacket for 9 above? :confused3

All you need is a lined sweatshirt and a long sleeve shirt.

This coming from the man from Minnesota haha jk, the blue jackets are longer and you cannot go down the ice slides, I own a thin work jacket a few hoodies and a leather jacket, none would be good for the event and I would like to slide so owning a proper jacket doesn't matter lol

mm1971 said:

The closest one to you I'd assume is the gaylord national , and I am assuming that in D.C. But I don't know where the others are besides Nashville , Texas and Orlando

Laugh while you can boys. Your time is approaching.

::yes::

Layers layers layers... so what you will look like Randy from A Christmas Story? :lmao:

Randy-Snow-Suit-A-Christmas-Story-2.jpg

“I cant put my arms down!!!”

bragging time.

Excellent! You go on and brag all you want.
Quite the accomplishment and I wish them well on the upcoming season.

He says "Merci Beaucoup!"

“Mercy Buckets” he says…

Well then a great big ol’ “Mercy Buckets” back to him for being so polite.

We do plenty of ice sliding here... usually down hills in our cars & trucks. :faint:

And yet you continue to give CJ grief for not living in New England. ;)

Layers layers layers... so what you will look like Randy from A Christmas Story? :lmao:

Randy-Snow-Suit-A-Christmas-Story-2.jpg

Love this movie. It is based in the town where I live. There is a bar called Flick's not too far away. I think it was filmed in Cleveland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter