DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Cinderella's Fella, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Oh, come on, it's ok to share. We've all been there. Every Thursday night through Friday morning, even during Finals, I could always be found at the Neon Cactus. $5 cover, buy a $3 cup and keep refilling it with 25 cent Old Style or $1 mixed drinks. :thumbsup2

And you could even bring an old cup back, so it was really just $5 cover and 25 cent beer. Coincidentally, I haven't touched Old Style since I graduated. :rotfl2:

Had another place that was $5 cover and $2 pitchers of any domestic draft on Wednesday nights with free wings from 7 - 8 pm too. We went there all the time until they closed up shop at the end of my Junior year. I realize we ate a lot of wings and drank a lot of beer, but I didn't realize it was that much.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

Was it there Farewell concert from the CNE in Toronto?

4. that's nice

that's nice DIS Dad #330

::yes::

Sounds about right. :rotfl::rotfl:

5. jmwest

jmwest <font color=red>DIS Dad #578<br><font color=navy>A

I really wanted to try and find a pack of this. Unfortunately there was no where near me that was getting this beer in. Alas, it's probably for the best. If I had tried this and liked it I would be stuck craving it for the rest of my life.

I am planning on waiting in line this year to get my hands on some 3 Floyds Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout. The brewery isn't too far from where I live.

6. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

I think it was Maple Leaf Garden in December '82.

7. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

My wife was at that concert... But I thought it was the CNE, and maybe a few years later.... :confused3

Which would likely make it a different concert.... :lmao:

8. declansdad

Did they do concerts at the CNE in December?

9. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

They don't do them ever anymore...

But no, they did not back then.

Just summer... it was an outdoor facility... Exhibition Stadium, where the Blue Jays used to play.

[​IMG]

10. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

After this post I'm 25 away from 1k, not a huge milestone but I have some post padding to do haha, going to Gaylord Ice tonight to see the shrek ice exhibit and it's 9 degrees!!!! Yikes good thing they give you big blue jackets to wear, that everyone before you has wiped their runny nose on, but I love the ice slides so its worth it

11. declansdad

I remember opening day there.

[​IMG]

Was it Ernie Whitt who wore his shin pads like skis and took a trip across the field?

12. RodBelding

RodBelding <font color=red>DIS Dad #589<br><font color=royalb

Sounds gross... Have fun tho...

13. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Good to have a goal.

Saw this story as well. I agree that reserves should have played the whole second half.

That's what she is telling CJ. I drank way more in college because I could burn it off, and I couldn't run 20 miles.

What is this thing called studying?

14. twokids0204

twokids0204 DIS Dad #561

I do believe so...

15. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

It is that thing you tell your parents you're doing at college when you're really out seeing how much beer you can drink.

But don't tell CJ. :rolleyes1

16. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Agree with pro vs non-pro sports and trophies for everything.

Glad you're still buying it.

Everything said here is profound. What does profound mean again?

No one else will read it either, don't worry.

Never did snow skiing. I hope it works for you. I did take dds sledding, and that was a lot of fun.

17. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I keep telling him that, but he doesn't believe me.

18. Goofy + 3

Goofy + 3 <font color=red>DDC 400<br><font color=purple>Reme

I can relate. But like Brian said, I'll bet the grandparents will warm up eventually. I've seen that happen in other people's adoptions.
    I can relate. The family isn't allowed to ask serious questions or try to talk us out of it unless I'm present. Gotta protect the missus.

19. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

I have coached varsity basketball at the high school level for both boys and girls. Only bringing 9 players to a game is also part of the wrong philosophy. Knowing his opponent, he should have dressed JV players and had them available. I regularly carried 10 all varsity and 4 JV/varsity players. These 4 players would play one half of JV and then be available for a half in the varsity game. He could easily have brought a larger roster to that game and allowed the younger players to gain experience and not been an @$$.

I do agree that you don't need a mercy rule. They need to terminate coaches that have no compassion or regard for the situation and hire good coaches with common sense and morals as discussed. Good coaches can find a solution to allow both sides to learn and become better players and people. It really is shameful.

20. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

They'll let you bring your own coat, Philip. :rolleyes1

21. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

Yup, have fun contracting the flu and norovirus.:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

Get posting so we can hear the speech.:thumbsup2 Don't forget to thank Norm for the perspiration, I mean inspiration.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.