DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you want to do that? I think Brian posted a picture of one of them the other night at the other place.

:rotfl2:

lalalala.gif

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

My wife asked my tonite if i wanted any kind of tools for Christmas:confused3

I have a nice set, but there is something I would like, I don't even know if they still make them, I want a old school drill the kind you have to crank, these are the best for thin or soft wood, dry wall etc they don't have a lot of torque, so they don't break or oversize what your drilling into:thumbsup2

All the new stuff is fast and easy but if you want true craftsmanship you have to go Old School:thumbsup2

Do they still sell these or is she going to have to search a flea market or swap meet for one

I agree. Some of the best tools I own are passed down from a couple generations ago. :thumbsup2 They all hold up much better than today's tools.

Agree. You must be able to buy them somewhere. Check hand drill on line, maybe Craig's list.

Issue is, vacation days caanot be taken during the winter break, longstanding agreement. Sure, I can get my day off moved to that day, but I'd lose the more valuable Saturday off. The show is 12pm, no way I could go to the show and make it for my 2-10:30 shift. The other show is 4pm, same deal. I'm not devestated over it, DW is going to bring one of her cousins along, the girls'll love that. Nothing I can do union wise can change it. I on;y work 3 days that week as it is. :thumbsup2

I guess as long as your good with it that's the main thing, you can save your battle for another day:thumbsup2

Picked up the tickets today for DW, they are going on the 27th, she won the tix. I can't go, can't get a shift to accomidate the time.

Just checked ours. We are going the 28th at 3PM. After the show DD and I are going to have a nice dinner. I hope your DW and DD have a great time.

Agree. You must be able to buy them somewhere. Check hand drill on line, maybe Craig's list.

I've seen them at flea markets at the old time tool guy tables, never checked at loses, but the better bet would probably be the old timer tool tables since they are probably made better then the one's today (if still made) and most likely are cheaper:scratchin

katoot said:
Nope. It hasn't been posted on here yet, but Aaron let it be known over at the other place that my brother mentioned on Facebook that my wife had the twins today. :banana::banana:

Woot. Got your card today. Congrats!!!!

Cinderella's Fella said:
Congratulations Casey!

I got the timescope out and found your kids in a couple of years:

Gangnam style?

50 pages and about a week since I've been here. Hope all is well. We've been pre-occupied with last minute preparations for our Ukranian visitor and trying to learn Russian (Rosetta Stone is amazing). We pick her up at Dulles Sunday night!:cool1:

Have fun with that. We have a guy where i work that is from Ukraine. His name is Vladimyr or something like that. Everyone calls him Vlad. Vlad the mad Russian. Russian has always been a language i have wanted to learn and was working on it. Was pretty good at the alphabet but that was several years ago and i have forgotten most of it.

Anyways, I am sure you already know, but Vlad has mentioned to me several times that Russian is slightly different than Ukranian. I think it was the annunciation but i don't remember. Have fun. I am always interested to hear/talk to people from other countries.

I can't keep up with you guys over here. :rotfl:

Morning Men and lurking women

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter