DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
cj9200 said:
Your daughter has to be bouncing off the wall. Have a great first trip with her. Keep the camera batteries handy, you will probably have a million pictures when you get back.

Thank you, we are having a packing/ clean night and both of us are doing the vacation dance, she wouldn't wear any Disney clothes for the past month so she knew it was ready to go, she's def ready, she's been very patient and good about all the waiting, next time it will be more of a surprise then a hey we are going to Disney in 4 months lol

I'm most definitely not a Braves fan, but as a baseball fan that grew up watching the Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz teams of the 90's there's nothing that says playoff baseball is here like watching a game on a cool night and hearing the tomahawk chop in the background.

I'd definitely love to see them come back and win. Partly because I don't like the Cards. Partly because I respect the heck out of Chipper Jones.

Hope everyone's Holiday Weekend started out safe and good. Good shift tonight, everyone kept things running smooth, but I was kinda limited, the stress the past couple of days + a nasty little bug going around made things move slow for me, stomach doing all sorts of bad things. :sick: Won a prize in our United Way drive contest, we hit our quota for the year with a week to go. A witch's hat filled with candy! :rotfl2: Girls already got into it.

Tomorrow starts the prep work, may not be as hard as it seems, but wil be good in the long run. Plan on purging a LOT of stuff. My parents have arranged for us Thanksgiving dinner with just them Monday too, no siblings. Really nice of them.

Today as well, some at work have put a bug in my ear over a minor manager's position out in Sarnia where in-laws live. Have just over a week to think about putting in for it. Would be a huge step though, DW would need a new job, and mass relocation. Cost of living would be a lot lower though. Little nervous about it, going to talk it over with parents, DW, her parents etc. Qualify for it, just a seniority issue, but with 15 years, 11+ full time, might have a chance. Gotta think this one out alot.

Hope everyone's Holiday Weekend started out safe and good. Good shift tonight, everyone kept things running smooth, but I was kinda limited, the stress the past couple of days + a nasty little bug going around made things move slow for me, stomach doing all sorts of bad things. :sick: Won a prize in our United Way drive contest, we hit our quota for the year with a week to go. A witch's hat filled with candy! :rotfl2: Girls already got into it.
What holiday?

Tomorrow starts the prep work, may not be as hard as it seems, but wil be good in the long run. Plan on purging a LOT of stuff. My parents have arranged for us Thanksgiving dinner with just them Monday too, no siblings. Really nice of them.
Thanksgiving on a Monday?

May as well have 4th of July on a Wednesday.

Today as well, some at work have put a bug in my ear over a minor manager's position out in Sarnia where in-laws live. Have just over a week to think about putting in for it. Would be a huge step though, DW would need a new job, and mass relocation. Cost of living would be a lot lower though. Little nervous about it, going to talk it over with parents, DW, her parents etc. Qualify for it, just a seniority issue, but with 15 years, 11+ full time, might have a chance. Gotta think this one out alot.
Good luck. We're all counting on you! :thumbsup2

Hey David! (DARuss)
bday.gif

Goofywithbirthdaycake.gif

63925Untitled_-_1.jpg

Good morning dads, Happy Birthday David, and glad to see Norm and the clan made it to BLT safely

belias21 said:
Wow... I'm WAY late to the DisDads club. How do I become a member?

Welcome Brian. You're not Canadian, are you? Bc we have a Canadian Brian and he's surly about his territory.

moose615 said:
Welcome Brian, I'm one of the newer members as well, everyone's really cool and nice as long as your not Canadian, I sure hope you are not, I've seen what they do to Canucks on here and it isn't pretty!

Fellow dads I'm happy to report on my last work day before the trip, I am pretty much loafing and driving around, not both at the same time though :)

Hey- enjoy that trip with DD and savor every smile. The first trip is the best

twokids0204 said:
I did get caught up though... (Oh, good luck with getting Caught up yourself New Brian - it took me almost 2 years too).

Not gonna go back and quote everything I missed...

- Nick - I just may take you up on that slice of poumpkin pie one day... ;)
- Brent - Dude... that sucks about your weekend. As the girls get older a two bedroom apartment just ain't gonna cut it.
- Sean - Trip reports are way to overrated... :rolleyes1
- Norm - Nice ADR's
- Haunted Mansion House - why don't we all pool our money together and start our own DISDad time share... Scott - start working on the down payment.

I think I'm just going to post pics to my blog. Then you can look if you want and I'm not forcing my joy and excitement on anyone.

Morning Gents!

Happy birthday David.

Nice long weekend here unfortunately it suppose to rain all weekend. Soccer game for DS at Noon today, hopefully the rain will hold off.

RodBelding said:
Looks like I'll have to go to plan B; Stealing one of the character's costumes and attacking you while unaware during the run...

Have fun trying to figure out which one is me... ;)

You'll be the Ugly Jasmine with the hairy legs and beer gut.

Looks like I missed a bunch. Welcome to the new Brian, good luck Brent with whatever you decide on the job opportunity. And "hi" to everyone else that I forgot about.

What a Beverly of a day already. Sitting at the auto repair shop waiting for them to open so I can drop the rolling van of doom off. 1 coolant leaks, butch in places that I can even come close to reaching. Them I head home to meet the furnace guy because that's not working on this 39 degree morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter