1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by Emma's Dad, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Will do. I had to plan my Easter trip as well since I fell into the 6 month ADR mark. I booked everything I wanted:

Sat
    Cape May Breakfast
    Shula's Steakhouse

Sun
    Il Mulino

Mon
    Wolfgang Puck Dining Room

Tues - Epcot EMH
    Akershus Breakfast (8:20 AM)
    Nine Dragons

Wed - DHS
    Brown Derby

Thurs
    ESPN Club lunch

ESPN doesn't take ADR(s) and I couldn't figure out how to do Fantasmic Package or if Brown Derby was included. Will have to call tomorrow and see. I also have to go into work to submit by travel voucher, return home and pack, start live trip report, and sleep before we leave. The excitement is building. I ran about 10 minutes tonight at soccer practice - which is way past my limit - so I should sleep well tonight. Goodnight Ned!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Commando

Disney Commando <font color=red>DDC<br><font color=purple>Disney F

Nice:thumbsup2 Your gonna like Shula's, they don't advertise it but they do have a kids menu:cool1:

4. DisDadDoc

DisDadDoc <font color=red>DDC #403<br><font color=royalblue>

Yeah, it's a good thing! Otherwise most of us would never get a second trip!

Nice job, Norm!

5. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

Snagged some good reservations. Haven't eaten at Il Mulino so let us know how it went. Have fun and some good eating.

6. disdadIL

disdadIL <font color=red>DIS Dad #711<br><font color=blue>B

Except I was at Disneyland. Pre report - the Mad T Party is flipping awesome!!!!!

7. moose615

moose615 DIS Veteran

Well I didn't win anything, not even a t shirt so I guess the price was wrong for Philip, but had a fun time watching the show and like Norm who could be down when your about to be at Disney, Norm, y'all be careful getting down, hopefully ill see ya Sunday night and if not then Monday night for the party. Looking forward to meeting you and your clan.

8. theduck619

theduck619 DIS Dad #188

TGIF guys :cool1:

9. 10dedfish

10dedfish XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning guys. Taking today off, but got bagged with some action items from yesterday's meeting. Go figure.

Matt

10. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

Norm, CJ.....

My wife and I had a date night at Il Mulino and it was pretty good! It can be a little loud inside though, so definitely not a place for a romantic atmosphere.

Bring lots of $$, it can get expensive quickly!

Mornin all!

11. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Dis Dad #469 . . . . "Nation Ford", SC

‘Mornng all…

Time to get busy.

Hope y’all have your “Most Magical” trips yes.
    Wave as ya’ drive by.

It may take me a week or two between updates, but the current one will be done before the next Disney trip (that’s for sure ;) )

But since the current one isn’t about Disney any way, I don’t figure the rule applies
    :lmao:

12. GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes Dis Dad #469 . . . . "Nation Ford", SC

Friday Morning Ownage

[​IMG]

13. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

Man Law says you have to finish your TR before you go again, it doesn't say you have to do one! :rolleyes1

14. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Sunday we will be at Fulton's for dinner and some pin shopping at DTD and then back to BLT. If it doesn't work that day, see you at the MNSSHP Mon for sure.

Been up since 5:30, but still can't beat you to the boards. Maybe I'll post while driving down this AM to get you. :drive: :faint:

Thanks for the info. I checked out their menu and they were quite pricey. But, my goal is to try all the different restaurants, so we'll give it a whirl. The frutti de mer risotto sounded good.

15. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Have a great time, both of you. I hope the meet up isn't a disappointment for either of you. :lmao::rotfl2:

It is in Disney World. That goes without saying.

My last road trip to Disney World, I got my phone out and popped in to check the boards early in the morning just north of Atlanta, only to find that our thread had been deleted and a few dads were banned from here. I hope you have better luck than I did. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

16. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

...and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?

17. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Good idea. Then we can wash it out with salt water.

18. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Yikes. Someone didn't have enough coffee yet this AM.

19. scott2997

scott2997 DIS Dad #543 Northern Ohio

I think I ended up going with the Veal Saltimbocca. It was very good. For the price, I was expecting a side of pasta and that is not the case. My wife and I ended up ordering a side of pasta to share between the two of us.

The complimentary bread and artichoke spread is very good - as is the complimentary lemoncello at the end of the meal!

After a bottle of wine - the lemoncello made us feel REAL nice! :lmao:

20. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I'm trying this live trip report thing. The link is in my signature. Maybe I can post some pictures of rest stop bathrooms on the drive down. :lmao:

21. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

One of the nice things about WDW is having that transportation after that bottle of wine. That trip is still a long way off, but I'm glad I made the ADRs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.