DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a weird day!!!! All day long it has been dejavu!!!! Anyone else ever have that happen the entire day???? Maybe I am getting ready to die or something!!:scratchin

Evening gents. After reading all the stories of how busy you guys are I'm quietly dreading when the kids are old enough for activities. Right now its just swimming lessons but the whole world opens for them when they turn 4.
My friend was telling me about a ham today, I think he said it was called Cure 81, anyone ever hear of it:confused3
Grandma orders one every year for Xmas. Really good stuff.

Evening gents! Just wanted to pop in for a moment to say hello. We're now just 3 sleeps away from flying down to Houston, and 4 sleeps away from boarding the Magic. :cool1: I'm so excited. :yay: I can hardly wait. :dance3:

I know I don't post much in here, but I do still think of you and wish you well. If you need me for something specific, you'll often find me on FB. Otherwise, I'll pop back around soon enough.

Ciao for now.

It's DD birthday on Columbus Day and a company holiday, but now I have to #@$%^%$ work! :furious: Auditors managed to screw up enough stuff that will need to be in the office meeting to meet our filing extension date. Everythings has been done since late August. Why do they always wait until the last possible second. Venting over....Thanks.

Here's hoping for forgiveness. I guess Sunday will be spent making the princess feel like the queen (this is going to be expensive :faint:). Wish me luck.
Good luck, that really sucks about the holiday, can they make you go in? :crazy2: I guess thank goodness for union job. Thanksgiving is busy enough as it is.

What do you have planned? DW insists on having a birthday party on the weekend and then something else on their actual birthday. I always ask why they get two birthday parties. Just more money from the money tree.

It sure feels that way, we usually do dinner and a few presents on DDs bday, been lucky that party's before we're just family but with DD in daycare I'm pretty sure she's going to want a big girl party at a bouncy place so that may cost me, DDs birthday is so close to Christmas and I don't want her to feel like they are combined cuz they never have before so Christmas time is always a little more costly

We also tread that fine line with Christmas just over a month after Amelia's bday. Last year was Great Wolf Lodge, this year it's a party with friends. Looks like we've got a party booked a couple of weeks before her actual bday, the weekend after Halloween, at the cinemas. Looks like Wreck-It Ralph too, so it'll be Disney themed :thumbsup2 Swim lessons fall on her actual bday, so not much will happen there. Whichever weekend off I have closest will go to Sarnia, little party with family there, probably a small dinner at my parents at some point too.

I am having a weird day!!!! All day long it has been dejavu!!!! Anyone else ever have that happen the entire day???? Maybe I am getting ready to die or something!!:scratchin

Maybe things are just too routine? Sounds like the need of a WDW vacation, STAT!

Morning Guys.

Its humpday. Seems like more and more of my days are being filled with pointless meetings. :mic: I have one this afternoon and another LATE meeting tomorrow. Seriously, who schedules meetings for 3-4 in the afternoon. :confused3

Matt

AirGoofy said:
My oldests is two weeks after Christmas, so we still do the party thing for the same reason. Actually, it is my youngest one who has a birthday in June that was upset, because most of her friends ended up being on vacation, and only a few of them and family showed up at the birthday party. This year, we did a party on the softball field right after one of their games, so all her team was there. She thought that was the best party ever, and it only cost me money for cupcakes for the team.
DDs is 10 days after so it usually turns into a big shopping spree and then pick out what's Christmas and what's birthday, last year part of her bday was a new big girl bed, which didn't come in till after I got back from my Epcot trip almost a week after her bday
AirGoofy said:
I am counting down the days. We leave Friday as soon as the dds get home from school. With no major traffic problems, we should arrive at WDW around 5:00 AM Saturday morning.

In the mail today, I received a notice for jury duty. I had that initial panic that it would be for next week, but it is for the 25th of October. I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to pick me as a juror, but I'm sure crazier things have happened. :crazy2:

You prob could of claimed mental disability and got out of it, that's pretty believable right?

Norm, Disney is getting very close, closer for you but only following by a day, DD is super excited, she's usually pretty shy and when I reminded her daycare about next week she said "yea cuz I'm going to Disney World!!" Lol she had one of this haha I'm going and your not looks on her face, priceless ohh and btw good morning fellow dads

Morning All!!

Thanks to everyone for the Welcome Backs, it really was hard staying away from here while I was looking for work.

New job is awesome, they've shown more faith in my ideas after only one week than my old employer did over my last year there.

Groundhog Day? "DON'T DRIVE ANGRY!":drive:

RodBelding said:
Evening guys! Just getting in from our trip, had a blast. I am too lazy to pull together a trip report, but I'll try to post more about the trip tomorrow from work.

Hope everyone is doing well. :thumbsup2

Sorry I missed you, glad you had a good trip ours was fun just too short.

Back from WDW, had a great visit it was a fast an furious weekend. Ran ( well walked) ToT 10 miller. Ended up being 85 with 76% humidity at the start and Was DW first run so we started slow and DM was unable to keep pace so we waled the last 8 miles and had a great time. Finished in 2:36 or so and I ended up in the medical tent because my BP was a little too elevated for myself, quick turn around thou a little extra fluid goes a long way.
I will see if I can figure how to put together a short Trip report.

Oh and I had my first Dole Whip, I like.

Morning Guys.

Its humpday. Seems like more and more of my days are being filled with pointless meetings. :mic: I have one this afternoon and another LATE meeting tomorrow. Seriously, who schedules meetings for 3-4 in the afternoon. :confused3

Matt

Morning Matt.

Look at it this way, it's not a late afternoon Friday meeting.

Back from WDW, had a great visit it was a fast an furious weekend. Ran ( well walked) ToT 10 miller. Ended up being 85 with 76% humidity at the start and Was DW first run so we started slow and DM was unable to keep pace so we waled the last 8 miles and had a great time. Finished in 2:36 or so and I ended up in the medical tent because my BP was a little too elevated for myself, quick turn around thou a little extra fluid goes a long way.

That's a normal walking day at WDW isn't it? ;)

Congrats on the 10 miler and the Dole Whip.

Does Tamron(?) make lenses for Canon?
I have their 18-270 on my Canon right now. It's on the heavy side, but it sure makes it nice not having to switch out lenses while walking around WDW.

Evening guys! Just getting in from our trip, had a blast. I am too lazy to pull together a trip report, but I'll try to post more about the trip tomorrow from work.

Hope everyone is doing well. :thumbsup2
Welcome Back! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Evening gents! Just wanted to pop in for a moment to say hello. We're now just 3 sleeps away from flying down to Houston, and 4 sleeps away from boarding the Magic. :cool1: I'm so excited. :yay: I can hardly wait. :dance3:

I know I don't post much in here, but I do still think of you and wish you well. If you need me for something specific, you'll often find me on FB. Otherwise, I'll pop back around soon enough.

Ciao for now.

Have a great trip, Stopher!

Welcome Home!
Ahh....everyone remembers their first time. :thumbsup2

Morning... boss is back at work, so hopefully once I get him caught up, I can go back to doing the work of one person. I hope to be back to my usual screwing around on the Disboards time soon! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

‘Morning all…

That’s a might dark.
If “dejavu” is the same thing as “routine” then I see that all the time :lmao:

Seriously though, here’s to having a little less weirdness running through your day.
:drinking1

Ciao for now.

Yah, we miss hearing from you, but things change and other responsibilities work their way into our time.
:hourglass

Enjoy the chance to be aboard the Magic and drop back in whenever the mood strikes.
We'll be here...

Morning All!!

Thanks to everyone for the Welcome Backs, it really was hard staying away from here while I was looking for work.

New job is awesome, they've shown more faith in my ideas after only one week than my old employer did over my last year there.

Good to hear from you as well.
:wave2:

I was unaware that you were struggling with job issues, but I’m glad to hear that you’ve found a new path.
Congrats on the change and may it continue to be an improvement.

Morning... boss is back at work, so hopefully once I get him caught up, I can go back to doing the work of one person. I hope to be back to my usual screwing around on the Disboards time soon! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

These bosses really need to start being more sensitive to the important things in life. :rotfl2:

Ciao for now.

:wave2: Stopher...

Have an awesome cruise!

Jousey said:

What's your overall opinion of the race? The good and bad? Thinking of running it next year

Sorry I missed you, glad you had a good trip ours was fun just too short.

Didn't see your PM till I got back, sorry! I did get a DisDad meet in at the race with Eric though. :thumbsup2

It was ridiculously hot!!! :furious:

Welcome Back! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks!

What's your overall opinion of the race? The good and bad? Thinking of running it next year

I'll give my 2 cents; The run itself was great (though hot). Well organized, plenty of water/powerade stops, and things along the way to keep your mind off the run(characters etc.). The post-party was a mess though. I don't think ending it inside a park is a good idea. DHS was way overcrowded and confusing to get to bag check, etc. We were really looking forward to the party, and ended up riding Star Tours once and heading out because it was a so crazy. Also, it's pretty late when you finish, so I may have just been a bit cranky... :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter