DDC XXII - End of Summer Bash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...me too. :sad2:

Somehow, I'm still expecting to fall into last during the lockout. :rotfl2: Weird...I wonder if they voted against the lockout again like they did the last time...

I don't know about that but they did lose their goaltending coach. Oh wait would that matter.

Woohoo: page ownage with a leafs shot to boot.

What is the conclusion?

Saw a wooly worm that was light brown, which means light winter.

Saw the v of ducks flying south.

Supposed to be into forties tonight, here.

we were just talking about the crowd levels this morning. last week was great. the place was empty. this week, alot more people. epcot / mk / studios. sunday it really picked up around here. we were thinking the locals. but monday and tuesday have been food and wine crowds at epcot and back to wait lines at the mk.

This time of year is great. The parks were not crowded at all last week. When we went to see the princesses we were the only people in line and got to spend 15 minutes or so with them un-interrupted with them playing and talking with our kids.

September was our favorite time as well of the months we've been - March, April, May, June, Sept, Oct

Ahhh the joys of travelling for work. You get to see exotic conference rooms from around the world. )

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

That's awesome, of course we happened to pick the busiest week in oct to go but I still think we will have a blast

I think they expect a 7 at MK on 10-10 which I don't understand for a wed but a 5 for HS on 10-9 which should be awesome , don't fully understand the ratings but we will have a blast

MK is bad the non MNSSHP days because all the tour groups go that one day. Epcot is busier on weekends because of locals and FW. Plan accordingly, and you will be fine.

One of my friends who is a butcher turned me on to Kentucky Ham:confused3, I have to say that was the best ham I ever had, I don't know if I can ever eat regular ham again, Kentucky ham was flavorful, juicy, and you could not even taste any salt, it's the prime rib of ham:thumbsup2, he told me today since I liked it I have to try Kentucky turkey:cool1:

Thanks for the morale support guys.....DW and I feel like we've hit the breaking point with this..after last week's ear infection on one/diarreha-stomach issues with the other. :sad: Not to mention some other issues that have come up, right back to the car accident last month. Morale has been spotty.

I've got all the laundry under way, last load washing. save some other non-related clothes I'll get to later or tonight. All their bedding is changed and washed, all stuffed toys sealed up for two weeks (this broke Amelia's heart, her beloved Wolf stuffie is gone for a bit.) DW did the treatments and combed/hunted through their hair. Girls in bed finally, still lots to do though. We both took tomorrow off to deal.

Thanks for the shoulder guys...

Sorry Brent! Hang in there!

Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.

That stinks CJ! Glad she got into see a Neurologist. Scary stroke-type symptoms can occur during migraines, but you really want a Neurologist to sort it out!

This time of year is great. The parks were not crowded at all last week. When we went to see the princesses we were the only people in line and got to spend 15 minutes or so with them un-interrupted with them playing and talking with our kids.

Love September!

Agreed. September is fantastic. I still tell people about walking through the queue for Big Thunder Mountain and getting to the front, and having the CM's say, "Ah, just pick whatever car you want to ride in.":thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

One of my friends who is a butcher turned me on to Kentucky Ham:confused3, I have to say that was the best ham I ever had, I don't know if I can ever eat regular ham again, Kentucky ham was flavorful, juicy, and you could not even taste any salt, it's the prime rib of ham:thumbsup2, he told me today since I liked it I have to try Kentucky turkey:cool1:

The Kentucky Legend ham?

I have never had Kentucky Legend Ham but we usualy buy Virginia Tavern Ham during the holidays

I have never had Kentucky Legend Ham but we usualy buy Virginia Tavern Ham during the holidays

I never had Virginia Tavern Ham but I will try it:thumbsup2, I've picked up fresh Virginia hams when we hit Williamsburg, they are really good but I'm going to say the Kentucky ham is much better:confused3, It's funny right now in my freezer in the basement I have at least 60lbs of hams, 2 full turkeys, 10 Hatfield Honey ham steaks, 8 london broils (all oyster or 1st cut), 2 tri-tips, and 10lbs of sweet sausage, Wow lets have party, it pays to be friends with a butcher:thumbsup2

I never had Virginia Tavern Ham but I will try it:thumbsup2, I've picked up fresh Virginia hams when we hit Williamsburg, they are really good but I'm going to say the Kentucky ham is much better:confused3, It's funny right now in my freezer in the basement I have at least 60lbs of hams, 2 full turkeys, 10 Hatfield Honey ham steaks, 8 london broils (all oyster or 1st cut), 2 tri-tips, and 10lbs of sweet sausage, Wow lets have party, it pays to be friends with a butcher:thumbsup2

Man...Im hungry now!!

So here are the standings from last week. Shockingly, I'm in first, which just proves that I know nothing about Football...

1 DisDocChris 18 18-12
2 the magic knights 18 18-12
3 Mouse of Pain 18 18-12
4 John Grigas 17 17-13
5 DarcyM (declansdad) 16 16-14
6 Panchito's Pistols 16 16-14
7 Goofy + 3 16 16-14
8 Grumps 16 16-14
9 Scott2997 15 15-15
10 Groovertoo 15 15-15
11 Baseball Mickey 15 15-15
12 Raiders of the Caribbean 15 15-15
13 Donald's Disaster 14 14-16
14 Jake and the Neverland Pickers 13 13-17
15 BigTex71 - Picks the Knows 13 13-17
16 TekMickey's Shot from the Hip 13 13-17
17 ColinC 13 13-17
18 Small World Singers 13 13-17
19 bronconsin 12 12-18
20 Splash Mountaineers 11 11-19
21 that's nice 11 11-19
22 Taxidermy Tech 10 10-20
23 jmwest 10 10-20
24 Jedi Mickey 10 10-20
25 Test Track Dummies 10 10-20
26 DDuck4Life 9 9-21
27 AirGoofy 9 9-21
28 First and Ben 8 8-22
29 Still Oblivious 7 7-23
30 The Duck's Picks 7 7-23
31 Vikings Super Bowl yall 7 7-23
32 Beirgarten Fan 7 7-23
33 Rizzle's House of Pain 6 6-24
34 Maelstrom Kingpins 5 5-25

Wow! They really need a drooling emoticon for times like these.

I'm thinking of Rotisserie chicken for tomorrow with some KFC mashed potatoes and gravy:thumbsup2

On Thursday's since I work late and everyone's in bed by the time I get home, my new thing has been, 1/4lb Italian Roast Beef, with either a 1/4lb of Cajun, Salasilito, or Jerk turkey,on a hard roll, it's hot but oh so good:cool1:

Evening. Just some quick catching up.

Had a bit of a scare the last couple of days. DD experienced some speech and motor problems. She went to the Infirmary and they referred her to a neurologist who saw her today.

He thinks it is related to her migraines combined with school related stress. She had a Cat scan last year when she had the eye problem which was clean, so he is holding off doing another for now. He prescribed a drug that should counter it. After a while they will wean her off the medication. Hopeful that it works. We are both breathing a little easier for now.

Really tough when you kid is sick and you aren't there to do anything about it. She handled it like a trooper.
Hope the Pirate Princess gets well soon.

Thanks for the morale support guys.....DW and I feel like we've hit the breaking point with this..after last week's ear infection on one/diarreha-stomach issues with the other. :sad: Not to mention some other issues that have come up, right back to the car accident last month. Morale has been spotty.

I've got all the laundry under way, last load washing. save some other non-related clothes I'll get to later or tonight. All their bedding is changed and washed, all stuffed toys sealed up for two weeks (this broke Amelia's heart, her beloved Wolf stuffie is gone for a bit.) DW did the treatments and combed/hunted through their hair. Girls in bed finally, still lots to do though. We both took tomorrow off to deal.

Thanks for the shoulder guys...
Hang in there.

Nemie- I've missed you. And now a challenge to lose weight. How can I help? I could make fun but I'm not that horrible of a nemie. Let's start with losing 15 pounds by December 25.

That sounds like a good goal to shoot for. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter