DDC XIX - Squirrel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife did the yard sale thing today, was kinda last minute so I wasn't really ready for it, didn't do bad got rid of some stuff that I was ready to throw out:confused3, seems like crap is king at yard sales:lmao:, in June I want to do another one this time I'll be ready, I have a 8 car driveway and I should have no problem filling it with all kinds of junk, told my wife next sale with all the stuff I'm putting out I think we should make between $500 - $1000+ easy, suddenly I feel like Dave from storage wars:rotfl2:

Morning guys :)

Had to go to the Apple Store yesterday. The home button on the iPad2 was not working as it should. We went through all of the steps support advised us to do, but to no avail.

Made an appt and was in and out with a new one in less than 15 minutes :banana:

I love when customer service is really about the customer :thumbsup2

Good morning guys! I hope everyone has been having a great weekend. Were still hanging out at the hospital, but should probably be home this afternoon.

It had been a quiet weekend until last night. We were the only baby here. At about 2am, 2 others came in and one was an emergency c section. They brought dd in to us and said they didn't have enough people to watch her in the nursery for a few hours. It was loud and chaotic for a while... I was saying a few prayers and hope everything turned out well.

Good morning guys! I hope everyone has been having a great weekend. Were still hanging out at the hospital, but should probably be home this afternoon.

It had been a quiet weekend until last night. We were the only baby here. At about 2am, 2 others came in and one was an emergency c section. They brought dd in to us and said they didn't have enough people to watch her in the nursery for a few hours. It was loud and chaotic for a while... I was saying a few prayers and hope everything turned out well.

when are you all coming home andy?

You can ask for early departure if you like. Does not mean your Dr. will let you, but if more comfortable at home...

We stayed @ hospital for each child:
  1. 60 hours
  2. ~36 hours
  3. ~30 hours
  4. ~30 hours
  5. 25 hours

With child #3, DS, the hospital through a fit! I think they wanted the Room & Board. The Nurses made bad comments but Dr checked us out. #4 and #5, not a single issue.

They said the pediatrician makes his round around noon. We should be able to leave once were ready after he does his thing... Assuming dw's doc gets here this am and releases her.

The policy here is 48 hours after delivery, but they are lenient about that if a all is well. We left at about 36 hours with ds because we just wanted to get home. We got there and it was a nightmare. We're taking advantage of being here this time and sending her to the nursery every time she sleeps so that we can relax. We're eager to get home, but at the same time, there's no rush.

They said the pediatrician makes his round around noon. We should be able to leave once were ready after he does his thing... Assuming dw's doc gets here this am and releases her.

The policy here is 48 hours after delivery, but they are lenient about that if a all is well. We left at about 36 hours with ds because we just wanted to get home. We got there and it was a nightmare. We're taking advantage of being here this time and sending her to the nursery every time she sleeps so that we can relax. We're eager to get home, but at the same time, there's no rush.

that would be good if you can get out of there today.:thumbsup2

its past my bedtime too. talk to you guys tomorrow!! :thumbsup2

When did I get this old? I know you're that old, but we should be up having fun and not in bed at 9. I blame the public schools, literally, since bus is at our house before 7:00 AM.

My wife did the yard sale thing today, was kinda last minute so I wasn't really ready for it, didn't do bad got rid of some stuff that I was ready to throw out:confused3, seems like crap is king at yard sales:lmao:, in June I want to do another one this time I'll be ready, I have a 8 car driveway and I should have no problem filling it with all kinds of junk, told my wife next sale with all the stuff I'm putting out I think we should make between $500 - $1000+ easy, suddenly I feel like Dave from storage wars:rotfl2:

We have a big neighborhood one in June, so getting ready for it. I'm thinking about just keeping stuff in the garage and putting it out every weekend to try and sell it. Way too much stuff.

Had to go to the Apple Store yesterday. The home button on the iPad2 was not working as it should. We went through all of the steps support advised us to do, but to no avail.

Good to know, although my Apple Store is 2 hours away.

DW had c-section with both so we were there awhile. After our 2nd, they hadn't had any deliveries and the peds section was vacant. When we went there, the rooms were freezing. Fortunately, before I could even say anything, they moved DW to women's unit, but this only had women later in life with medical issues - not the best place for crying baby. DW's OB came in and threw a fit, made them get peds unit up and running and staff it. (He really threw charts at the wall). Hospitals, for what you pay, don't always provide the best care.

It is a good morning. For the first time in almost a month, I woke up and was able to get out of bed with no back pain. That Wolverine healing mutation would have been great this time around. Anyway, I'm not delusional and know to keep doing my exercises and not go try to set a new squat record today. But, it feels great to be pain free.

Disney and Apple should merge and buy - the planet!

Call it iEarth.

Andy, hang in there... You'll be out soon. Similar thing happened with my first child (That's right - Bayley who turned 10 last week). She was in a semi-private room (2 beds). The first bed was vacant the first night, but the next night an Italian woman came in with her first child. That woulda been ok, but she had about 50 visitors in the room, hallways, ward, etc.... They brought in trays of catered food. They literally had a party in the hospital. NOT THE PLACE!
Had to tell the way overly passive nurses to clear the place, as my DW just had a C-section, and Bayley wasn't "latching" properly. Was a very stressful time for us, and this chaos in the next bed was not helping.

It is a good morning. For the first time in almost a month, I woke up and was able to get out of bed with no back pain. That Wolverine healing mutation would have been great this time around. Anyway, I'm not delusional and know to keep doing my exercises and not go try to set a new squat record today. But, it feels great to be pain free.

Pain free is always a good thing... :thumbsup2

Hope it continues.

Morning Guys. South Florida weather report. It is ugly out there. Rain all day through the early part of the week. Cancelled the Ft. Lauderdale Air Show, flood advisories in the Keys.

To switch to NFL, at least Miami Dolphins new QB Tannehill's wife is hot.

She is hot but he is doomed to fail. Why? Because he was picked by the Dolphins. On another sports note, the Marlins are bottom feeders. This is going to be a long summer and fall here for sports fans. At least the Heat killed the Knicks last night. Brian, sorry to hear about Rose's injury.

:thumbsup2 if i lived as close as you do, id be there every weekend. :rotfl:

Wish I could. I work from home so I have to be home to work. Or do I? Maybe I can work from my home away from home. Too bad the Hawaii/Disneyland trip is eating over a year's worth of points. Once the Pirate Princess is at Pirate school this fall, I plan on doing some traveling. Have friends around the country and in Europe that will let me mooch off of them (let me know if there are any other takers out there). And of course occasional trips to the Keys. Yea, my life sucks. But considering last year at this time I was barely getting around on a walker, I will take it.

Good to hear man.

Andy, hang in there... You'll be out soon. Similar thing happened with my first child (That's right - Bayley who turned 10 last week). She was in a semi-private room (2 beds). The first bed was vacant the first night, but the next night an Italian woman came in with her first child. That woulda been ok, but she had about 50 visitors in the room, hallways, ward, etc.... They brought in trays of catered food. They literally had a party in the hospital. NOT THE PLACE!
Had to tell the way overly passive nurses to clear the place, as my DW just had a C-section, and Bayley wasn't "latching" properly. Was a very stressful time for us, and this chaos in the next bed was not helping.

Wow, we have nothing like that. Our hospital has birthing suites. We have a private room from the time we check in to thetime we leave. Delivery is even in there. The only exception would be for a c section. We just happen to be in the room right next to the or, which is why the activity was a bit loud last night.

The great thing is that we have our own private bathroom/shower and there's a pull out couch for me too sleep on. Really isn't all that bad.

Here she is,24 1/2 hours after arrival at the hospital...

2012-04-27_17-51-16_788.jpg

Mom and baby are both doing great.

Congratulations Andy! Great to hear the good news! :woohoo:

Contgrats Andy! My wife and I also just added another DD to our family; Ellie, 2 weeks old now. This is #5 and final.

576776_10150676917790025_606100024_9573946_1129455016_n.jpg

Congratulations to you too! What a cutie.

Been a busy morning.

Turns out DW's father had a minor stroke last night (they always seem to say minor but who really knows huh?).

They want to keep him in the hospital for about a week to keep monitoring him. We haven't seen him yet, but apparently he has limited movement in his arm, and speech is a bit slurred. Although he says he feels fine now.

Praying for your FIL, Brian.

Good to hear!

Off to church. May stop in later and see what topics we are off topic on.

Wow, we have nothing like that. Our hospital has birthing suites. We have a private room from the time we check in to thetime we leave. Delivery is even in there. The only exception would be for a c section. We just happen to be in the room right next to the or, which is why the activity was a bit loud last night.

The great thing is that we have our own private bathroom/shower and there's a pull out couch for me too sleep on. Really isn't all that bad.

Ours is free... :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter