DDC Fantasy Baseball

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by ClearScreen, May 11, 2011.

1. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

The BLT Goats are getting ready to make a move - to the bottom. 3 on the DL and Marmol as my best RP. At least I can blame my stupidity on a power outage during the draft. That's my story ......

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AJRitz

AJRitz DIS DAD #420

Uh, Norm, I was on a ship in the Atlantic Ocean during the draft. I seem to be doing OK. :p

4. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

Really, I dropped something off my desk onto power strip and had two autopicks before I could log back on. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

5. ClearScreen

ClearScreen <font color=red>DIS Dad #461<br><font color=royalb

OK, it is playoff time for Fantasy Baseball. Our defending champs, the Splash Mountaineers, had a strong surge at the end to squeak into playoffs and get the fifth seed ahead of their nemesis, the Hittin' Mickeys. Not sure if they can ride this wave of momentum through the playoffs or end up crashing to earth and getting all wet. They will be facing Jungle Nelson Cruz in the first round whose team has fought through elephants and headhunters to arrive in this place.

PhineastoEzratoGus will be using their playoff-inator in their matchup against the Hittin' Mickeys whose team is disappearing faster than bacon and Dole Whips at a Disney Dad convention.

Epic Phillie and Mickey's Steamboats earned top seeds and byes in the first round as they were consistently the best teams all year.

Good luck to all. Here is the bracket:

Quarterfinal

(1) Epic Phillie
    Bye

(4) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

vs

(5) Splash Mountaineers

(3) PhineastoEzratoGus

vs

(6) The Hittin' Mickeys

(2) Mickey's Steamboats
    Bye

There are also Consolation brackets posted on the web site, so be sure to set your lineups.

Good luck to all!

6. ClearScreen

The first round of the playoffs is in the books and the seeding has held to form. Jungle (NELSON) Cruz squeaked by the Splash Mountaineers 5-3 in a series could have gone either way. In the other first round game, PhineastoEzratoGus destroyed the Hittin' Mickeys 8-1. The Semifinals are as follows:

Semifinal

(1) Epic Phillie

vs.

(4) JUNGLE (Nelson) CRUZ

(3) PhineastoEzratoGus

vs.

(2) Mickey's Steamboats

There is also a nemesis battle for 5th place:

(5) Splash Mountaineers

vs.

(6) The Hittin' Mickeys

Also, we have the consolation bracket/seeding as follows:

Semifinal

(7) BLT Goats

vs.

(11) Maelstrom Kingpins

(9) Gray Sox

vs.

(8) Baloo's Cubs

11th Place Game

(10) Goofy Hustle

vs.

(12) Yak n'n Yankees

Good luck to all!

7. ClearScreen

Congratulations to Jungle (Nelson) Cruz on their Championship for the 2012 Disney Dad's Fantasy Baseball season!!

They capped off their fine season with a big 6-4 win in the championship over PhineastoEzratoGus who overcame a slow start in the final to make it close in the end. Great job guys!!

In Third Place, the top seed Epic Phillie rebounded from their semi-final defeat with a convincing 8-0 win over Mickey's Steamboats.

As mentioned before, the Hittin' Mickeys won their 5th place game over their nemesis (and last year's champ) the Splash Mountaineers.

The BLT Goats finished strong and took 7th place over the Gray Sox. The Maelstrom Kingpins won a tough battle for 9th place over Baloo's Cubs. Finally, Goofy Hustle beat the Yak 'n Yankees to claim 11th place.

Thanks everyone for participating this year and here's looking forward to next season!!

Chris

8. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Chris, are you planning to run the baseball league again this year?

I know we still have a few weeks, but I've been getting ready for a draft in another league tomorrow night, so I'm starting to get baseball on the brain. :rotfl2:

9. ClearScreen

I am so swamped at work that I can barely log on to the boards any more. THere is no way I can run the league again this year.

I still may participate (depending on schedule), but I can't be the commish. ANyone interested, please let me know.

Chris

10. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I'd be willing to do it if nobody else wants to.

11. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

No activity here in a couple of days. Do we even have enough people interested in playing Fantasy Baseball this year to get something together? :confused3

12. jmwest

jmwest <font color=red>DIS Dad #578<br><font color=navy>A

I'm horrible at it (don't know much baseball outside my White Sox) but would be willing if you needed and extra person.

13. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Well, the interest seems to be a little tepid this year. Haven't heard from Chris in a couple of days and nobody else is talking about it. Unless the interest picks up, I doubt there's much point in having a league. :confused3

14. ClearScreen

Last year the interest was tepid as well. Very few teams even participated in the draft as most let it Autopick. I can grant you commish access, but there just doesn't seem much interest compared to football.

15. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

If you need another manager, I would be interested.

16. declansdad

declansdad DIS Dad #639 New Brunswick, Canada

I'm interested in playing along. Is it a Yahoo pool?

17. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I'm going to post over at the other place and see if there's any interest there. Depending on what we come up with, it might be just as easy to start from scratch if we're going to have several new/different owners anyway. I'll see how many people we have interested and figure out what we've got.

Do you still want to play, even if you aren't commish?

18. trennr

trennr DISDad #104

Is this a PPR league?
    How much for Yardage?
    Are QB TD's worth 6?

:offtopic: :lmao:

Sorry... I couldn't resist.

19. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I'll take that as a "no." :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

20. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Also, for anyone who is new, the league in the past has been a Yahoo league. I'm personally in a money league on ESPN and I like it, but I'm open to using any platform available if we do this thing.

Does anybody have a fantasy baseball host they feel strongly about, either in favor of or against?

21. BigTex71

BigTex71 DIS Dad #536...... Fort Worth, Texas

I am interested to play again this year. No preference to where it is hosted, but prefer something free. :)