DDA Chapter 4

Vicki. Today is JcPenney's friends and family sale. Take an extra 20% off. I know that they had a bunch of formal gowns already on clearance so you could probably pick something up for as cheap as a thrift store. I'll forward you the email with the coupon. If anyone else needs it PM me. I'll be home for about an hour then back later.

That was so thoughtful of you to send it out to us, Deb. Thanks! :goodvibes

I went shopping and did find a few things. I found some solid colored shorts for Hunter and Colby :thumbsup2 I think they were on sale for about $6/pr. I also found a brown top that I came home and modified a bit for my AK shirt to match Chris. Here it is. I found the necklace and earrings too.

Nice shirt! I think Chris would look great in a bucket hat made from that material.:laughing:

I am done with Round 1 of the practice recitals. :woohoo:

However, I have a nasty cold developing. :sad2: It came on very fast with a horrible sore throat and chapped lips. Very odd, but I am not at all comfy cozy right now. Talk about the grumpies taking over. That could do very easily happen to me. I need to eat some soup, put on my jammies and climb into bed with my laptop, my DDA friends and my Dining spreadsheet.

However, I have a nasty cold developing. :sad2: It came on very fast with a horrible sore throat and chapped lips. Very odd, but I am not at all comfy cozy right now. Talk about the grumpies taking over. That could do very easily happen to me. I need to eat some soup, put on my jammies and climb into bed with my laptop, my DDA friends and my Dining spreadsheet.

That sounds a lot like my plan for the night! Kyle is on call (this month that just means he comes home at about 11pm or so, so that's a bit better!), and I'm in a total funk both emotionally and physically, so I have been working on prying myself away from here just long enough to get together what I need. I'm thinking jammies, hot chocolate, water, and the laptop for a little DIS and shopping! :thumbsup2 I hope you can ward off this cold!

Oh, no! Feel better soon, Elin! :wizard:

Deb I love what you did to the shirt :thumbsup2

Elin sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hopefully some rest is all you need :wizard:

Elizabeth & Vicki I have a hard time getting out of a grocery store & not spending a lot. Garrett is a eating machine!

I remind myself that Katrina could be a boy when I go shopping. I know that my brother used to eat like Katrina but larger quantities! He also was very thin at the time.

Before I heat up my soup and get into my jammies I have to tell you about my afternoon. I think I told you all that we had high wind warnings on the east coast today. Well, it WAS windy here! I was hoping one of my co-workers had gotten then chance to email me the pictures she took downtown this afternoon. You all will just have to listen to my description. Sorry...

We were judging the 2:00 recital and we heard some odd noises and saw things blowing by our window. Then we saw police cruisers and fire trucks and flashing lights and running men in uniform. The next thing we know they are opening the door to our studio to tell everyone to stay indoors but to think about moving our cars because the roof is coming off one of the downtown buildings! :eek:

I work in an historic downtown area and most of the buildings are from the 1700s and the 1800s. This particular building has a very steeply pitched roof covered in the old metal roofing. The wind had somehow gotten underneath the metal sheething and had pulled it completely away from the bricks which is what we saw blowing by our windows! It was rippling in the wind and they had blocked off our entire street. A roofing contractor and his assistant got there about 30 minutes later and were up on the roof nailing 2x6 planks all over the roof to get it to stay down. It was an amazing sight and they are a lot braver than I would have been! I will post pictures when I get them.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone... but I fear it is too late. I have taken my homeopathic cure-all and am ready to get my soup. See you in a few minutes.

Thanks everyone, for the comments! Kyle and I were pretty thrilled to see the babies again. I needed it, too, because I just don't enjoy being pregnant at all. At least I have a refresher of the outcome! ;) After realizing it doesn't always come easy, I'm not trying to complain about how blessed we are..... I'm just really wishing the stork would bring these babies instead, and sing Happy Birthday to them as he drops them off, and all would be great :rotfl:
I'm sorry you aren't enjoying being pregnant. I think I was one of the lucky few who never had a pg problem and loved every minute of it. When I hear some of the horror stories about morning sickness and such, I realize how lucky I was.

:scared1: Hope you don't it too bad!:wizard:

Before I heat up my soup and get into my jammies I have to tell you about my afternoon. I think I told you all that we had high wind warnings on the east coast today. Well, it WAS windy here! I was hoping one of my co-workers had gotten then chance to email me the pictures she took downtown this afternoon. You all will just have to listen to my description. Sorry...

We were judging the 2:00 recital and we heard some odd noises and saw things blowing by our window. Then we saw police cruisers and fire trucks and flashing lights and running men in uniform. The next thing we know they are opening the door to our studio to tell everyone to stay indoors but to think about moving our cars because the roof is coming off one of the downtown buildings! :eek:

I work in an historic downtown area and most of the buildings are from the 1700s and the 1800s. This particular building has a very steeply pitched roof covered in the old metal roofing. The wind had somehow gotten underneath the metal sheething and had pulled it completely away from the bricks which is what we saw blowing by our windows! It was rippling in the wind and they had blocked off our entire street. A roofing contractor and his assistant got there about 30 minutes later and were up on the roof nailing 2x6 planks all over the roof to get it to stay down. It was an amazing sight and they are a lot braver than I would have been! I will post pictures when I get them.

YIKES!

I'm sorry you are getting sick. :wizard: that you nip it in the bud.

:scared1: I'm glad I wasn't downtown today! Well, except for driving through to/from church this morning. I saw your car, btw.

Weekends go so fast. Today after church I stopped and got Nicholas' hair cut. For the life of me I can't find someone that doesn't chop his hair or cut his bangs straight. I always end up redoing it. Then we came home and had lunch. Bob and Bethany came over, I took Nicholas to a friends house then went grocery shopping. We had pizza and salad for dinner. Nicholas worked some more on his science project. The bacterias are now culturing so in a day or two we should see things growing. It's not due until March 11 so if this doesn't work we should have plenty of time to redo it or come up with something else! Now we are off to read for a bit. Check ya later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter