DDA Chapter 11

so whats for dinner?

I just put some pork chops in the oven that Jeff had marinating. He has to work late He wont be off till 6 or later. He was going to grill them. I will make macaroni to go with it.

I'm making spicy crockpot chicken. I smothered 4 large chicken breasts with salsa in my crockpot. It's cooking now. At about 7:00, I'll shred the chicken and add a jar of Ragu double cheese sauce. Let it heat for about 10 minutes, then add some sour cream. I'm serving it over tortilla chips with a large salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden. For dessert we'll have pumpkin muffins that I made earlier today. I love crockpot cooking, as it makes my afternoons so much easier since it just cooks itself!

so whats for dinner?

I just put some pork chops in the oven that Jeff had marinating. He has to work late He wont be off till 6 or later. He was going to grill them. I will make macaroni to go with it.

we were going to have pork chops...decided that after eating lunch at 2:30 that I didn't want that much food so it will probably be mac & cheese and grapes and salad.

I'm making spicy crockpot chicken. I smothered 4 large chicken breasts with salsa in my crockpot. It's cooking now. At about 7:00, I'll shred the chicken and add a jar of Ragu double cheese sauce. Let it heat for about 10 minutes, then add some sour cream. I'm serving it over tortilla chips with a large salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from our garden. For dessert we'll have pumpkin muffins that I made earlier today. I love crockpot cooking, as it makes my afternoons so much easier since it just cooks itself!

I like the crockpot as well. That sounds like something Jeff would like. But I dont like spicy food.

I like the crockpot as well. That sounds like something Jeff would like. But I dont like spicy food.

I love the crockpot...I just hate (or am scared...take your pick) trying new recipes in it so I end up doing same old, same old.

Jennifer sorry to hear about the loss in your family :hug:

Elizabeth prayers for Susan :hug:

Jen good luck with the teaching job :wizard:

Neither do my children, so I use the extra mild salsa. It doesn't add heat, but a lot of flavor. I've found that the more sour cream you use, it can also dilute the heat of the salsa. It's a pretty forgiving recipe. You should play around with it, to get it to suit your tastes.

I am irate that WDW got rid of the Nestle ice cream sandwiches from the ice cream carts. :mad: Those were my favorite. A CM told me it is because they have trans fat in them. :rolleyes: I don't like the ones they make in the bakery - I like the packaged ones! I did have an ice cream cone with "cookie swirl" ice cream but it wasn't quite as good as the sandwich would have been.

I was really bummed they did away with these as well :sad2: I can get them across the street, but it is not the same as eating them at Disney. I do like the ones from the bakery though, Riley & I shared one this trip.

I bought a box of the Oreo Cakesters and I was REALLY disappointed. I thought they were nasty. We haven't tried the Nilla ones - regular or strawberry.

Ditto, none of us really cared for them(which is a good thing for me lol).

Neither do my children, so I use the extra mild salsa. It doesn't add heat, but a lot of flavor. I've found that the more sour cream you use, it can also dilute the heat of the salsa. It's a pretty forgiving recipe. You should play around with it, to get it to suit your tastes.

hmm the tomatos would cook so that would take care of the raw tomato problem. Now to see if this Ragu double cheese sauce does not have Monosodium Glutanate and I could try it.

So what you're saying is that we should all send you pixie dust and prayers that you get the job, then you'll dessert us in a triumphant attempt to get everything done? :confused3
;) Best of Luck on both counts
Exactly!

But it's a job and you manage. :goodvibes

I was hired three days before Princeton started, and two of my AP 11th grade classes had summer reading. Of course, they read three books I had never read. Believe me, you manage. :rotfl:

Sending you lots of :wizard: Jen!

Yup. You manage. I was hired the week before school started and had about the same amount of time Jen will have to get ready. Imagine my shock when I went into my room and found NOTHING! No desks, no books, no supplies, etc. When the old teacher had left, all the other teachers came in like locusts and took everything. It was a challenge to round up enough desks and textbooks from teachers who really didn't want me around in the first place.
Thanks guys! i figure i can manage no matter what---and i reallllly want this job!

So what you're saying is that we should all send you pixie dust and prayers that you get the job, then you'll dessert us in a triumphant attempt to get everything done? :confused3

;) Best of Luck on both counts

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter