Dd12 asks---make up for redheads?

LuckyMamaInDE

DIS Veteran
I'm posting for my daughter. She's got beautiful red hair (she used to tell everyone NOT to call her a redhead because it's really orange :lmao: ) with correspondingly superpale eyelashes.

She wants to start wearing a little makeup----gloss and some mascara. We cannot find any mascara that doesn't make her look goth :eek:

I know that auburn mascara is available as I found a website via google. She'd prefer to buy the makeup locally since she'd have to cough up babysitting money for shipping ;)

I know SOMEONE on the dis has to have the same need! We have an Ulta about 30 minutes away---I checked their website, nothing there but I don't know if the stores have different products than online. I've checked all the usual places I buy makeup but no luck. I haven't ventured to Macys or similar. We do not have a Sephora.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Dd is willing to pay for the shipping as a last resort :)

redhead here but I use black, and surprisingly if applied properly it doesn't look bad!

They (maybelline I think) make a berry brown color i used to use when I was younger that works great with red hair.

Brown works for me, but I know Max factor used to make an auburn mascara.

I'd try brown or brown-black. That's what my red haired pals wear. :) Heck, it's what I wear-I'm a very fair blonde.

I am a strawberry blonde and my eyelashes and eyebrows are white blonde. I wear Maybelline brownish-black. I like the non-waterproof kind, the tube is pink with a green lid.

I wear brown black mascara. Loreal makes the one I use. chanel always has a brown i bought once, really nice.
can anyone help with eye shadow colors ?
and lipstick colors. I am 33 and still not sure what colors would work best on me:sad2:. I have pale skin and strawberry blonde/red hair

She's tried three different brown-black mascaras (had to buy them for ballet performances). I've never found just brown. Hmmmm. I guess the brown-black looks so shocking because her skin is porcelain pale and she has light blue eyes. My youngest dd7 has the same shade hair yet dark dark brown eyes with lashes darker than dd12's---I expect that once she begins to wear makeup, she'll be able to use the brown-black.

Thanks for the input so far :) Dd will be pleased to read the responses once she's home from ballet intensive.

My DD (20) is also a red head and she found a blue mascara that didn't make her look goth. I think it might have been cover girl and it's not easy to find but it is out there. It also helps to emphasize her light blue eyes.

Here's a great website that specializes in makeup for redheads...

http://www.justforredheads.com/

I second this company!:thumbsup2 They often run specials with free shipping or free products. I had the same problem until I discovered them.

Bare Esscentials also has a mascara shade for redheads, but I don't like it as much as the products I get from just for redheads. Plus, BE costs more!

Have her check out the website!

I'm a redhead and prefer to use brown mascara. Black and even brown-black look horrible on me. Loreal used to carry their Featherlash mascara in brown but they have apparently discontinued it. I've only been able to find it in black-brown at my local stores. I love that brand of mascara and found someone on eBay who was selling it (new in package) in brown and even with shipping, I got it for around $6 which is what I would have paid in the store.

HTH!

I've always worn brown mascara. Loreal makes brown mascara. Brown eyeshadow works great for blue eyes. Use very pale pink or peach for base under light/med brown eyeshadow and I use a dark brown eye shadow for a liner (very thin brush line under lower lashes - I use dry eye shadow - keeps it light). Brown shadow is perfect for smokey blue eyes - just apply thicker line under eyes and smudge at corners.

Not a cheap option, but I know for a fact that Estee Lauder & Chanel both have brown mascaras. Chanel also has a really pretty bronze mascara that is perfect for blue eyes. It's not a metallic bronze - just a pretty color.

Chanel makes an eyebrow gel shaper in taupe - comes in a tube like mascara. Works great for giving fair skinned, red heads with light colored eyebrows a way to define our eyes without looking over done.

I haven't bought Estee Lauder for years, so no idea of costs. Chanel is about $23 for mascara. Link (brun= brown;) http://www.amazon.com/Chanel-Inimit...17517?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1186080561&sr=8-23

I'd try some kind of violet mascara sometime too. I have been told it looks "stunning" when I wear ir.

How about clear? They make really cool clear mascara now that seperates the lashes... it's nice.

Or see if you have an avon person near you.. I sell avon and they have ALL sorts of shades! Sometimes the sales are GREAT, too!

How about clear? They make really cool clear mascara now that seperates the lashes... it's nice.

Or see if you have an avon person near you.. I sell avon and they have ALL sorts of shades! Sometimes the sales are GREAT, too!

I agree with trying clear mascara. I have brown hair and very fair skin. I prefer clear or brown mascara.

Mabelline Great Lash (inexpensive and consistently gets good reviews) is available in both brown and clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter