DD says John Carter 10 times better than Hunger Games

I LOVED "John Carter! Far exceeded my expectations so much, in fact, that I'm currently obsessing over it :p.

I think they really would've benefited from an "of Mars" at the end of the title mainly because when I asked people about it they really didnt know what it was about. A lot didnt know it even took place off Earth. But what do I know, my movie didn't bomb >.<

I enjoyed the Hunger Games as well but did find it odd that most of the characters in the games were so apt/excited to kill. I was waiting for that moment for at least one of them to have a mental breakdown but it never came. I guess we lost morality in the future too, lol.

I've yet to see Hunger Games, probably later this week or maybe next week, but I've seen John Carter and it's very good despite poor box office in the US. I watched it with my friend and she also said it's very good. Internationally actually JC does pretty well.

Opening Weekend: $30,180,188
Total Domestic Gross: $63,344,015
Worldwide Gross: $235,444,015

I enjoyed the Hunger Games as well but did find it odd that most of the characters in the games were so apt/excited to kill. I was waiting for that moment for at least one of them to have a mental breakdown but it never came. I guess we lost morality in the future too, lol.

The whole point of the movie was to show the decline of morality, no? :confused3 The two participants from District 12 were a contrast to the rest of society and it was their morality that ended up screwing the system.

I saw both movies as well and I agree with your DD, I love the JC movie than the HG. Much much better, for sure. :D

Saw JC this weekend and enjoyed it. So did DW and DS. DS could not wait for the sequel. It was difficult to explain why there would not be one. I thought the visuals were great and the story was decently told. I wish a few things would have been more developed, but time is always a problem with book adaptations. Its a shame it wasn't successful Disney really needs a great SciFi movie to exploit for the parks. Imagine a ride based on the solar sailer from the movie. We will never know what could have been. Over budgeted and poorly marketed, what a shame. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter