DD got to wake up Tink!!

Drewandwendi

Mouseketeer
My 6 yo DD was the first child in the park on Saturday morning. It was cold and rainy and the crowd was small. She bolted to Tinkerbelle's Treasures and was the first child in. It was so precious. She used the wand to tap on the box and said, "Wake up Tinker Bell" 3 times. Tink then flew around the store. DD was given a certificate and some stickers. Before leaving, we looked in the key hole in the drawer, and Tink was sitting there. DD said Tink was ornery b/c it was too early! LOL This was a truly magical moment for her. I sugest trying to get there if you can. The first try we were too late, so we tried another day.

LOL, no, I didnt run. My feet hurt too bad lol. DH ran to get there, but we walked in a minute after he did. DD started running as soon as we got to the side of the castle. I kept having to call to her to stop RUNNING! BTW, DH knew that if he got there and another child came in before we did, that he was to step out of the way. First child, not adult. We were just lucky that day. DD also got picked by Crush in EPCOT on the same day.

Congrats!! I know how special that is for the little ones!!

My DD4 got to wake Tink on our trip during Spring Break...March 22. She was so excited. I didn't tell her this was an option because I never in a million years thought we'd be the first ones there....especially during Spring Break.

The park opened at 7 am that day and we were there at rope drop...(they actually dropped the rope right inside the turnstiles...not up at the castle) and we didn't have to run either....leisurely strolled there and just wandered into the store to give it a try.

Just our lucky day, I guess. We were sprinkled with pixy dust!

Glad you were too!!

My two dds (5 and 6) and ds (4) got to do this last summer. It was one of the highlights of their trip. I also didn't tell them until we got there because I didn't want them to be disappointed if we weren't the first ones there. It truly was a magical moment! Hoping to get lucky this July also.

:confused3 I am going back to Disney in November and have a 3 yr old DD who is CRAZY about Tink. Can you please explain to me what this is and what is the best strategy to try to have my DD take part in this magical memory. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much
pirate: princess: princess:

I would love to know also! DD5 is a tink nut! What a great experience! Where exactly is Tinkerbell's Treasure box? We are first timers and don't know where anything is. We can't wait!

MomLC said:
:confused3 I am going back to Disney in November and have a 3 yr old DD who is CRAZY about Tink. Can you please explain to me what this is and what is the best strategy to try to have my DD take part in this magical memory. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOO much
pirate: princess: princess:

Bump. I would also like to hear about this, my DD2 would go nuts! :rotfl:

You might want to do a search on Tinkerbelle in these forums because I know I've read a thread that explained in great detail how to get there first to wake up Tink.

Jackie

Tinkerbell's Treasures is a store, in Fantasyland....right to your left when you walk through the castle.

Tinkerbell lives there...and she sleeps in a little box, up on a shelf. If you get there early enough, you can ask a Cast Member if Tinkerbell is awake yet. If she's not, your DD or DS can wake her. They hand the child a wand, have him/her stand on a stool, and tap the box 3 times, saying "Wake up Tinkerbell." Tinkerbell then wakes up, and the lights flicker in the store...signaling that Tink is awake and flying about.

The lucky child gets a certificate saying they had a Magical Moment, and some Tinkerbell stickers.

It really was so neat!! And if you don't get to wake up Tink, there is a chest of drawers in the store...right to your left when you walk in the door. If you look in the key hole...you can see Tinkerbell in there.

Good luck everyone!! Early bird catches Tink!!

ummmmmmmmmmm can a really OLD child of 60 get to do this?? I am, uhhhhhhhhhhhh this friend of mine is 60 and a really BIG Tink fan and I know I, errrrrrrrr she would be thrilled to do this

Angelrose - That's cute! Hey us Tink fans come in all ages. I know my DS would love to do this too, as I think he intends to marry Tink.

Drewandwendi- how neat for your DD! Thanks for sharing! I hadn't heard of waking Tink before, but now I know...

:wave2: I am a huge fan of Tink!!! My dd's are as well. I am soooo happy that this was mentioned. I ahve only been to DW 2 times and looking forward to our family trip in September 10-17 2005. Thank you soo much for that bit of info. Lokking forward to waking the Tinkster. :love: :jumping1:

How cute!!!! The thought of Tink being ornery doens't surprise me. Now if she weren't, that'd be a whole 'nother story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sunny:

Is this a commonly known thing? Because the day we're going (on a Monday morning the week before Memorial Day), my daughter is going to dress as Tinkerbell, and has been talking about doing this nonstop since I mentioned it to her. I don't want to have to RUN to have to be able to do this... granted it'd be my first stop, but to have to RUN to do this seems to defeat the purpose, you know? :)

*bump* Would love it if those who have done this W/O having a PS at CRT or have EMH would PM me, I have a question.. thanks!

*hoping that no one reading this is going May 23rd :P* :rolleyes1

Can someone explain to me where this store is located. How do I get there from the castle, we have a CRT ps at 8:15 and want to head there right away. thanks!

Lesley

Drewandwendi said:
My 6 yo DD was the first child in the park on Saturday morning. It was cold and rainy and the crowd was small. She bolted to Tinkerbelle's Treasures and was the first child in. It was so precious. She used the wand to tap on the box and said, "Wake up Tinker Bell" 3 times. Tink then flew around the store. DD was given a certificate and some stickers. Before leaving, we looked in the key hole in the drawer, and Tink was sitting there. DD said Tink was ornery b/c it was too early! LOL This was a truly magical moment for her. I sugest trying to get there if you can. The first try we were too late, so we tried another day.

What a cute story!! but I have to ask.. did your DD actually use the word "ornery"? I don't think I knew what that word meant until I was 19! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter