DD Courtyard $20.03 Review For Those Going...

Emme

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a WONDERFUL 6 night stay at the DD Courtyard Marriott. We had the 20.03 rate and it was just lovely!

They gave us the 12th floor and we saw MK, EPCOT and MGM's fireworks every evening from our balcony! The room was large and very clean. The hotel is laid out in a sort of square with the atrium and lobby in the middle and the rooms circle upward around it. You can leave your room and look down into the center lobby, for us, 12 floors below. It was very quiet and the staff went above and beyond! We used the bus system several times and it was fine. The morning buses to the parks left every half hour ex. 8:00, 8:30, 9:00... The return buses came every half hour too only it was 15 and 45 after ex.2:15, 2:45, 3:15...

We ate breakfast there once and it was pretty good, a very good deal only 7.95 per adult, and you got a ton of all you can eat food. The pool was nice, not huge, but comfortable, nicely landscaped though.

We attended the Managers reception several times and had a blast. From 5-6:00 every evening the managers of the hotel serve you FREE beer, wine, soda, popcorn, corn chips, and salsa. It was a lot of fun and well attended. Be sure and check out all the different Disney ice creams in the lobby (mickey bars, buzz pops, goofy cones...).

I must say that I know others have said there is no Disney magic at this hotel, BUT...with our view of Downtown Disney and the fireworks, Disney ice cream bars, a lovely Disney gift shop in the lobby and the wonderful over accomodating staff...we felt this hotel was indeed magical and worth well over the 20.03 we paid!!

Any other questions please ask!! I will be happy to answer them all!

Emmy

Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation at Courtyard. Also glad to hear good things about the DD hotel Bus System. We will going later this year (November) and plan to use the bus system. We'll be staying at the BW-LBV just down the street. My question is and I read different stories on this. How far is the walk to DD and is it a safe walk? Thanks and glad to hear about your great vacation!

doubled07

Thanks for your great review! We will be there in 6 weeks, and it sounds wonderful for the money.
I have one question about the Atrium 2GO coffee shop. Is it available as an option to the all you can eat buffet, and what was offered, if you noticed.
Thanks!

Hey!

When was this rate offered and through where? I just got back from staying with my family at the Dolpin for $65 through Hotwire!

$20.03....when I told my mom she had a look of shock!

Doubled07, yes there is an actual walkway to DD and it is very safe! It won't take you long to walk maybe 15 minutes or so and you cross only 1 intersection.

Bop28, the coffee shop was right in the lobby of the hotel, the breakfast buffet was around the corner (still in the hotel though) in a separate restaurant. The coffe shop had bagels with toppings, danishes, cereal, pizzas, ice creams, candy etc. Very convenient and reasonably priced. There is free coffee and tea in the lobby as well.

Pkdcoasters, this was a rate for several weeks in August and Sept. and I believe the beginning of Dec. You must call the hotel directly and ask if they have any of the 20.03 rates left.

Hope that helps everyone and any more questions, just ask away...:D

Emmy

Thank you Emme. I really appreciate your help!!

Did you say balcony???

We usually stay near that area (Summerfield LBV, Sheraton Safari, Hilton, etc.) and I never noticed balconies at the DD Courtyard. Do all the rooms have these? And do all rooms have an "outward" looking view, or do some look into the courtyard in the middle? (Trying to picture the setup)

The balcony is an inside joke between me and my DW. It's in the top 3 things I look for in a hotel on vacation, and you never find any mention of them when you're researching hotels...

Yes, I believe all the tower rooms had a balcony. There are no inward facing rooms in the tower.

Emmy

hi- we were there too...

are you the person we met on the bus (my dh had a camo camel back with a lime green ribbon on it)

we met 2 famlies from here- and i forgot to ask names lol!

YUP! That was us...we were standing in the back of the bus...lol!

Sorry, we probably all should of introduced ourselves:D :D

Emmy

I think I read somewhere that at check-in, guests receive some type of coupon booklet. Did you get one? If so, how was it? Thanks!

:wave:

Hi-
Just wanted a few details about the rate.

1) Is there an additional resort fee?

2) What is the cancellation policy and/or is there a deposit or other fees up front?

Thanks for your help!
TTFN!

There are no resort fees or hidden fees of any kind. There is also a no cancelation policy. You must pay full in advance and you do not get a refund if you cancel. You can transfer the reservation to someone else but you won't won't get your money back from Marriott. Hope that helps!:D

Emmy

dumb question but how do you hear about such great rates? We are planning a trip for early Dec ( may call about this one) but have gotten quotes from a few agents for rates(from this and other sites) and am basically offered the same rate I can get through Disney itself...what am I doing wrong? one needed a password ( which I gave) and they just gave me the same thing I saw on the disney online. My husband was dead set against staying in a non-didney resort till he heard $20. a night !

Thanks

I heard about it right here on the Dis boards. This is the BEST place to find out about bargains and great deals. I check these boards DAILY:D :D

Emmy

I'll be there Sept. 28-Oct. 3, way back in April the $20.03 rate came out and I jumped on it, made reservations, prepaid, non-refundable, you just can't beat the price.

My advice to everyone looking for great rates, just keep checking these boards, DAILY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter