DCL Virgin with a few questions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bullwinkle, Sep 28, 2005.

1. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Earning My Ears

DCL Virgin with a few questions--
    Are there ironing boards in the Cat 6 staterooms. If not, can we bring an iron?

Are there any other hotels that will shuttle to the port beside the Radisson? Is the Port parking safer??

Many thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

No, there are no ironing boards nor irons allowed in the staterooms, for safety reasons..There are laundry rooms with irons and boards on decks 2, 6, and 7...If not, you can send it out for a very nominal fee...

There are many hotels that offer shuttles aside from the Radisson...Actually most do now...Best Western, Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn, Ron Jon's, and many more...dcltribute.com has some more info on this..

The parking at the port is 10 per day, to be paid in advance, and is a fenced in secure lot...Just as secure as the hotels IMHO...

Hope this helps.. :goodvibes

4. bullwinkle

Great info...thanks for the assistance. If we drive in that morning, when should we arrive at the port for parking and registration?

5. mommasita

The port usually opens between 10 and 10:30, and if you want to be there early (like obsessed MOI), then I would go for these times..You could do your car thing, check-in, and board early to enjoy that empty boat for the only time... :goodvibes

6. bullwinkle

Thanks Mommasita!

7. mommasita

You're very welcome...Happy to help.. :)

8. my3kids

my3kids <font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>

I thought the port parking was MUCH more secure than the Radisson. At the port, the area will be watched because of port security. At the Radisson we would have left our car in a grassy lot next to the main road.