• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL quote (motto, slogan, statement)

jonasaa

Norwegian Disney Enthusiast
Does anyone know what was proclaimed for the first Disney Cruise Line inauguration?

Usually there's a 'timeless' quote/statement like the one for Walt Disney World:

“WALT DISNEY WORLD is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place...a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn -- together."

It's usually on a plaque somewhere, like a motto. I want to put it into my vacation plan, but googling it (that, or "slogan", "vision statement" and so on) doesn't seem to help... :-)

Does anyone know what was proclaimed for the first Disney Cruise Line inauguration?

Usually there's a 'timeless' quote/statement like the one for Walt Disney World:

“WALT DISNEY WORLD is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place...a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn -- together."

It's usually on a plaque somewhere, like a motto. I want to put it into my vacation plan, but googling it (that, or "slogan", "vision statement" and so on) doesn't seem to help... :-)

You can find the Disney Magic's Inauguration Ceremony on Youtube. They also used to play it non stop on the stateroom TV's the first year or so.

I also found this:

http://www.cruisesavvy.com/news/199...michael_eisner_roy_and_pattydisney_officially

And one of their first promos "Across the sea.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsHjxt1-t8Q

Another slogan was "Unchartered Magic"
MJ

I found this motto for the Magic, "Explore a floating world that holds something to delight and thrill everyone." repeated on a few sites.
It seems to be the tagline vacation sites steal when describing DCL. This is probably not what you had in mind, but the only phrase I found repeated about DCL. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter