DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

while I think the processed shots are nice...even beautiful....am I the only one here who prefers looking at what we used to call snapshots?

Besides, the more processed shots I see here, the less "amateur" stuff I see. Are people being intimidated or the ratio is simply tipping towards processed?

to be clear, not a slam just my observation and opinion:hippie::hug:

The Magic in Tortola

2enccb8.jpg

while I think the processed shots are nice...even beautiful....am I the only one here who prefers looking at what we used to call snapshots?

Besides, the more processed shots I see here, the less "amateur" stuff I see. Are people being intimidated or the ratio is simply tipping towards processed?

I don't like the processed ones all that much either. Some of them are very nice, and some are just over-processed. I prefer snap shots for my vacation memories, and those are what I post here and what are in my signature. I do think that some of the processed shots are nice works of art, they're just not my idea of what vacation pictures should be. I think that there will come a time when we need two threads--one for snapshots, and one for "works of art".

And for the record, I'm quite proficient at photoshopping, and enjoy processing some of my photos, but I usually prefer to remember things as they were when I saw them.

Beth

I don't like the processed ones all that much either. Some of them are very nice, and some are just over-processed. I prefer snap shots for my vacation memories, and those are what I post here and what are in my signature. I do think that some of the processed shots are nice works of art, they're just not my idea of what vacation pictures should be. I think that there will come a time when we need two threads--one for snapshots, and one for "works of art".

And for the record, I'm quite proficient at photoshopping, and enjoy processing some of my photos, but I usually prefer to remember things as they were when I saw them.

Beth

I always just post my "regular" pictures. I don't have enough computer smarts to "fancy" them up.

But I like looking at the processed ones. I think they're pretty.

I do agree that it may be a little off-putting to those of us who want to post just regular pictures, but, please don't let it stop you. It won't stop me. :goodvibes

Here's another one, on the dock in Tortola (the different cruiselines have their logos painted on the dock)
1ffzvd.jpg

I personally like a good looking HDR. Not a blown out over processed one, or a pic with a bad white balance, but a beautiful, vibrant pic.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter