DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
nightmickeylogo2.jpg

St. Thomas: The Iguana Chase by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Excerpt from Trip Report:

"Taking this walk is good if you want to get some really good pictures of the ship. You can get right up on the front of the ship; and you have a pretty unobstructed view of the Port side of the boat. You can also get some great foreground with the smaller boats in that marina; as well as a nice background with the hill that has Paradise Point. BUT, you’ll also have a chance to see wild iguanas!!! My words can’t do justice to how cool and creepy it is to see one of them about. They’re surprisingly big, and they have quite the odd motion when running fast. Luckily, they make it a point to stay away from human contact. The last thing you’d want is one of them running after you. It would definitely spur nightmares."

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
Disney Fantasy
Eastern Caribbean - 2012

St. Thomas: The Iguana Chase by Scott Smith (SRisonS), on Flickr

Excerpt from Trip Report:

"Taking this walk is good if you want to get some really good pictures of the ship. You can get right up on the front of the ship; and you have a pretty unobstructed view of the Port side of the boat. You can also get some great foreground with the smaller boats in that marina; as well as a nice background with the hill that has Paradise Point. BUT, you’ll also have a chance to see wild iguanas!!! My words can’t do justice to how cool and creepy it is to see one of them about. They’re surprisingly big, and they have quite the odd motion when running fast. Luckily, they make it a point to stay away from human contact. The last thing you’d want is one of them running after you. It would definitely spur nightmares."

Disney Fantasy
Eastern Caribbean - 2012

What a fantastic pic! Wow! My DD14 would have loved to see one. You know, at first I didn't notice it becaue I was looking at the ship. :thumbsup2

A little info from the St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum...

Excerpt from King's Warning Against Piracy (King James I - July 7, 1605):

"...his Majestrie commandeth that no Seaman or Mariner whatsoever, shalbe suffered to put himselfe into any warlike service at Sea of any forreine Prince of State, straightly charging all that are in any such Service already, to leave the same... upon paine to be held and punished as Pirats."

I didn't initially plan on doing this type of treatment; but I was inspired by some 'Commons' photos I was just looking at. (<a href="http://www.petapixel.com/2013/01/16/flickr-celebrates-commons-5th-birthday-with-most-popular-galleries/" rel="nofollow">Petapixel - Flickr Commons</a>)

Disney Fantasy
Eastern Caribbean - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter