DCL Picture of the Day - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott, Kevin, Roger (and anyone else of course).. Let's talk LR4 presets and the gold tones on the ships.

I've been trying to create a few (using pics from last years Dream cruise) starter presets to use on my upcoming pics but not very successfully.

Have you guys created any yet to help tone down the yellows and gold tints.. Want to help a girl out and start me down a path ;)

Kelly are you talking about shots from inside the ship? I shoot in RAW and adjust my WB in LR4. You can get some funky colors inside but easy to change the Temperature then copy and paste WB to whatever looks right. Maybe post something so we can see what needs to be corrected.

Like Roger, I also shoot raw and adjust WB in LR. I use the eyedropper and click on things that may be grey first then adjust the WB sliders as necessary. There is really no preset to deal with the various lighting around the ship.

Hi Kelly. I also shoot in RAW adjusting WB using ACR. You might also want to try using a cooling filter on the final image (around 20%) to help tone down the yellows.

I always shoot in raw and play with the WB and Temp sliders as well. It just crossed my mind tonight to ask if any of you had created starter presets to save a little time.

Got to love those nice calm yellow and gold DCL color tones hehehe

Thank you Kevin!!!

Really enjoying your work!! It's great to have you back posting on a regular bases!

Evad said:
Thank you Kevin!!!

Really enjoying your work!! It's great to have you back posting on a regular bases!

Thanks Dave. I finally got some new shots to work with.

1zqgc5h.jpg

:cutie:

IMG_5081.jpg

on the Fantasy this past Thursday. Huge storm blew in, most everyone scattered. However, we held out and i was granted lone beach time for my girls. Literally, they were the ONLY ones on the beach come 4 o'clock. Will post these later.

ladypirate said:
on the Fantasy this past Thursday. Huge storm blew in, most everyone scattered. However, we held out and i was granted lone beach time for my girls. Literally, they were the ONLY ones on the beach come 4 o'clock. Will post these later.

That is beautiful!!!!! I'd love to see that sky on one of our cruises at CC!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wonderful.

Wow, Wow, Wow! I love this thread! I have a year to up my photog skills before my first Disney Cruise! I have to take a class in RAW and HDR by then for sure! Right now, I have a Canon 7D and I do pretty well with it, but I'm ready to take it up another level. You guys are amazing and super inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing these pics! Love them!

Great Shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter