DCL on Travel Channel

mistleto88

Earning My Ears
Prior to coming to disboards, I didn't know message boards could be so addicting! I am incredibly thankful for everyone's posts, tips, highlights & pictures!

My dd's 7th birthday is on August 29th (this Sunday) and as her gift from her Mom (me), I am taking her on the Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise on 9/4/04. She has not a clue about this cruise yet and I am completely thrilled with myself that I have been able to hold on to this secret for this long (since June!).

I hope someone can help me. I would like to give my daughter a tape copy of the DCL Travel Channel special as my gift to her. Unfortunately, my VCR decided not to tape the special that was just on last week. Does anyone have a copy of this special that I can borrow and make a new tape of???? I promise to return it immediately but I would also need it immediately!

Please let me know if anyone can assist. Money is no object (well you know what I mean).

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Hello I have just sent you a PM regarding this I will work on it over lunch and see if I can get that onto a tape for you.
Kirstyprincess:
f74dbc38.jpg

Unfortunately I missed taping the special or I would try to help out. One other thought is the cruise planning video from Disney. Do you already have that?

PS. Great job on the secret. There is no way I could have done that!

Thanks guys, I do have the DCL planning video but it's just not the same. It was the DCL TC special that got me hooked on taking the cruise. ;) .

discoverychannel.com - choose travel channel, you may be able to purchase the tape and have it sent to you expeditiously. just a thought.

Hi TheWog, that was also my first thought.... and I searched endleslly on Discovery Channel/Travel Channel looking for it without success... but I think diznylnd may be able to help... so I am crossing my fingers and toes. :)

Melissa

So she's going to open the tape (hopefully...) and that's how she'll find out? What a hoot! Hope you're going to videotape her reaction!

Some of my favorite threads on this board are how parents keep their secret and then make the big announcement. Some parents are downright cruel with the suspense... And I love it! Hopefully I can inflict this sort of pleasure on my own two someday.

excellent, I hope it works out. Good luck.

It's recording off my Tivo and onto a Tape as we type. I will get it out to you ASAP.
Kirsty princess:

KIRSTY, THANKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUU! You are an absolutel angel to do this for me!!!!! You are going to make this whole little plan come together perfectly. My daughter is going to FLIP OUT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

MAMACRUSH, you sounded like you had a little sinisterness in you.... very similar to what I am feeling about my 'little' secret. My daughter told me a long time ago that she wanted to do this for her birthday but I told her it was just too expensive. he he he.

Now I am not sure if I should use the tape as a "wow, T, look what's on t.v.... a special on Disney... and have her whine that she wants to go and then wait until the end to tell her.... or just just send it to her and say "happy birthday".... I think I may lean towards option 1.... a little more sinister but I know it'll give me a great return! :smooth:

i'm writting from spain and we don't have the pal sistem so you can't send me a copy but can sombody put the program online and i can download it?

please,please,please!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks so much for the giftcard!! That was not at all necessary. I am just glad to do the favor. Hope you have a great time on the trip.
Kirsty:earsgirl:

mistleto88--

Yes, some have said I have perverse sense of humor! Let us know how the suprise went. What a lucky little girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter